Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you had to pick one SF to add to our team, who would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I think that we just need a role player for the position. We don't need any quasi all-star or anything like that. I think that given who will be spending most of the time at the other spots on the floor that we would want a shooter more than anything else. I'd want a 3&D player like Dunleavy, Q-Pon, Wright, etc. Outside of that type of player I'd love MKG. If he doesn't make the leap this season you could see how the Bobcats could blunder by trading him. I don't think that Parsons, Barnes, George, Leonard, or Butler are even close to realistic options.
    I've been tryingto figure out how we get Q-Pon back and we don't really have the options for that so any of the selections being realistic seem pretty slim to me.
    I would love for the Bobcats to be in the range for a good wing in the lottery again and we can center a package around EJ for MKG and whatever contracts they want to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    I would love for the Bobcats to be in the range for a good wing in the lottery again and we can center a package around EJ for MKG and whatever contracts they want to get rid of.
    Now this is what I'm talking about. We'd need someone else to come over though to match the contracts
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Guy I would really like to get on the cheap before he blows up is Jeffrey Taylor. I don't think he will ever really break out in Charlotte, because he will be asked to do too much on a terrible team, but as a role player on a good team, I think he can be terrific.

I saw it in Larry Sanders two years ago and threw him into every fake trade I could come up with back when his stock was low. Jeff Taylor is the guy I would be trying to get my hands on now if I were the GM. Not saying he will be a quasi All-Star like Sanders, but I think he can be an amazing value on a second round contract, similar to Parsons.
    Big fan of his coming out of Vandy. Crazy athletic, good basketball I.Q., has defensive tools, and he can stroke the 3. He can't create for himself, but he is a good passer, he can space the floor, and he can be a great role player next to the right guys. I'd LOVE to get him on this team - seems like a Monty type of player.

Thaddeus Young, he's kinda a 4 though
    Last edited by neitzelbaby12; 09-23-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    Welcome to be here

Earl Clark, Donte Greene, Gerald Green, Austin Daye. THose are the realistic ones I wouldn't mind seeing...
    Last edited by NOSportsFan; 09-23-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Misspelled Greene's name.

Jabari Parker

Thread Information