Pelicans Report

Thread: I wish we could hold sports fans to higher standards

Rant I wish we could hold sports fans to higher standards

Personally I think that logic should be taught in schools so people don't end up like this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	5346

I know, ESPN comments are the worst but holy crap. It makes me upset that these are the casual NBA fans' opinions on things.
    A- Michael Beasley is terrible. I don't care how many points he scores more than anyone else. If that were all that mattered for value then you could generate this list in basketball reference in 3 seconds.
    B- Maybe we should know about the other 250 players in the league considering that is over half of the total players? I think that you should be into sports on any amount of interest you want but if you aren't interested don't pay attention instead of putting down players who work hard to make a roster.
    C- Let's assume that we all agree that Kobe is top five all-time (whatever the hell that means, I hate ranking players together as though basketball skill can be boiled down to one number) that doesn't mean he has to be top five in one of his last years in the league. A player can be the worst player in the league one year, play for 15 years, and end up as one of the best players ever so it doesn't matter if he finishes in the top five for one year (especially at what is likely the last couple years of his career).
    I think that the problem is that for most people sports is something they use to talk about around the water cooler. "Lebron doesn't have a killer's mentality. Kobe got 41 points last night."
    There's no real conversation, just regurgitation of facts construed around Sports Center clips.
    Maybe I'm the one off base for thinking too much about a game. But I wish people would at least attempt to think critically and contribute instead of piling on more knee-jerk visceral garbage.
    Anyways, let's keep raising the bar and raising the brow.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

i recommend reading (and reciting) this:

http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Pro...ty-Prayer.aspx

EDIT: seriously though, ESPN comment section is 98% troll post. Don't let the trolls bring you down.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 09-19-2013 at 02:41 PM.

All comments on all news articles are crap.

hahaha The comments here make me feel much better.

I have the same view on ppl that tell me that commercial music is the best
    because 'thousands of ppl listen to it' so it must be great.

There are sheep in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I have the same view on ppl that tell me that commercial music is the best
    because 'thousands of ppl listen to it' so it must be great.

There are sheep in this world.
    Underground /Indie FTW
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Half of them are trolls, and the other half are usually idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Underground /Indie FTW
    No....HEAVY METAL \m/

Devin Townsend ftmfw

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Personally I think that logic should be taught in schools so people don't end up like this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	5346

I know, ESPN comments are the worst but holy crap. It makes me upset that these are the casual NBA fans' opinions on things.

I think that the problem is that for most people sports is something they use to talk about around the water cooler. "Lebron doesn't have a killer's mentality. Kobe got 41 points last night."
    There's no real conversation, just regurgitation of facts construed around Sports Center clips.
    Maybe I'm the one off base for thinking too much about a game. But I wish people would at least attempt to think critically and contribute instead of piling on more knee-jerk visceral garbage.
    Anyways, let's keep raising the bar and raising the brow.
    I don't think it's a matter of logic as much as the level to which fans accommodate sports in their lives. Casual/lukewarm fans are always going to have half-baked opinions, and you're right to be frustrated, but there are people who are perfectly content with a passing knowledge of the NBA.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Thread Information