Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [S8] Weeks 3-4 Results

3-4 sim, not bad but not what I wanted. Its funny how I would have liked a sim like that last season but now its a disappointment. Beat the Hawks, Celtics and split with the Magic. Lost a close one to the Suns and apparently Jason Richardson was injured in the loss to Jazz.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    The standings are crazy right now. I guarantee I lose at most 1 game over next sim, anyone want to bet their first round pick against me?
    Are you sure you have 82 games this season? I mean, have you counted em yet?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    3-4 this week. Not excited about it but it's nice to actually win some games every now and then.

Lost to Lakers in a blow out fashion due to Duncan taking LA to school and slapping his momma.

Got one on the Grizz but still 1-2 against Memphis this season. Damn.

I don't get to the FT line enough right now.

My biggest weaknesses are turnovers, not getting to the FT line, and 3-point defense. Turnovers improved this past sim. Unfortunately with Melo and Manu as my top two scorers in the starting lineup, I won't get to the line much. Adding Jefferson will help there which is a possibility in the playoffs depending on the matchups.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

David Lee this sim:

26.83 points
    14.33 rebounds
    4.5 assists
    11.33 Free Throw attempts (81%)
    1.44 points per shot

And best of all
    1.17 Turnovers.

M.V.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    David Lee this sim:

26.83 points
    14.33 rebounds
    4.5 assists
    11.33 Free Throw attempts (81%)
    1.44 points per shot

And best of all
    1.17 Turnovers.

M.V.P.
    He's a monster. Before the season started, I said I could easily see your team get the 2nd seed. Hopefully you don't out think yourself which I've done plenty. Your team is really loaded from 1-4 and strong surrounding depth.

Hall of Famer
    I hope Rudy's up to the challenge of super-subbing again. I'm gonna need him big-time.

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    I hope Rudy's up to the challenge of super-subbing again. I'm gonna need him big-time.
    I would trade a top 10 pick for Devin Harris. He's a starter right now.

Good job Spurs this sim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I will overcome.

What is it about A+ handling that causes turnovers. I'm looking to buy with Harrington (beast) Beno and Mihm. I could also possibly sell with Dirk.

Derek Anderson and Drew Gooden were strangely efficient in that new game plan. Actually, the whole team was. I just wish that I had more wins to show for that gameplan.

Gonna pull Ilyasova from backup SF. He's not shooting well from outside so no need to pull him out of the paint.

Ridnour still more efficient than Wallace and Ilyasova scoring so I'll stay there for now, but his boost in Assists makes me think I should keep him dealing and pick one of the other two guys to be third SO.

Played a really close game against Lakers. Like really close. Blocks and turnovers ended up being the deciding factor. All other stats were nearly the same between us. His extra few blocks and my extra few turnovers led to the 6 point difference on the scoreboard.

Sixers victimized me on the boards. I am assuming they were mostly offensive since they had so many more shot attempts. I'll have to remember to gear my gameplan for him with my better rebounders coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Derek Anderson and Drew Gooden were strangely efficient in that new game plan. Actually, the whole team was. I just wish that I had more wins to show for that gameplan.

Gonna pull Ilyasova from backup SF. He's not shooting well from outside so no need to pull him out of the paint.

Ridnour still more efficient than Wallace and Ilyasova scoring so I'll stay there for now, but his boost in Assists makes me think I should keep him dealing and pick one of the other two guys to be third SO.

Played a really close game against Lakers. Like really close. Blocks and turnovers ended up being the deciding factor. All other stats were nearly the same between us. His extra few blocks and my extra few turnovers led to the 6 point difference on the scoreboard.

Sixers victimized me on the boards. I am assuming they were mostly offensive since they had so many more shot attempts. I'll have to remember to gear my gameplan for him with my better rebounders coming off the bench.
    My SIM summary:

Every team whooped me. The end.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

After checking my stats, Battier is a Elite defender despite the A- rating. He's not a guy who forces turnovers but he makes the opposing player shoot terribly.

Moving Trap up really helped Pryzbilla become a monster Defender. In fact, Pryzbilla with Trap set as never gave up a FG% of 56%, when i move it to Normal opponent's Center's FG% Dips to 39%.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I had very strange playing times. Nobody on my team avg'd more than 35 mins other than my PG. Yet I had 6 guys average double figures. I just gave up a ton of points. Hard to get worked up when your ceiling is .500.

Thread Information