Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: #SLOE - S08E02

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Says if you match, you can't trade. Doesn't say anything about the offer sheet GM.
    Oh i know, but i think he forgot to write the second part.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Oh i know, but i think he forgot to write the second part.
    Why? Are you saying that if the suns signed Gordon 2 years ago, he couldn't of been traded just like he was since we matched the offer?

Why? Are you saying that if the suns signed Gordon 2 years ago, he couldn't of been traded just like he was since we matched the offer?
    Not technically. I think we need to ask commish what the rule is here. In the real NBA the signing team can move him, but we're also limiting the team that may possibly lose him by not allowing sign and traded for said players. IE we're taking a few liberties away.

The question for Portland is how much of an upgrade is Barbosa over Finley? Will it be enough of an upgrade to lift them to the playoffs?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Not technically. I think we need to ask commish what the rule is here. In the real NBA the signing team can move him, but we're also limiting the team that may possibly lose him by not allowing sign and traded for said players. IE we're taking a few liberties away.
    Is the S&T only because the program can't process it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    The question for Portland is how much of an upgrade is Barbosa over Finley? Will it be enough of an upgrade to lift them to the playoffs?
    Younger, and I'm willing to invest points to train. Without me making a signing at either the 5 or 4, I'm not making the playoffs. The Max coming in a little higher put a wrinkle in that plan.

I believe that I was the one who brought up trading some of your guys and upon re-listening I don't think my point came across like I wanted.

I meant you should have traded them before, you are too deep in the rebuild now. It might not be too late but it will be hard to add pieces around 3 max contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I believe that I was the one who brought up trading some of your guys and upon re-listening I don't think my point came across like I wanted.

I meant you should have traded them before, you are too deep in the rebuild now. It might not be too late but it will be hard to add pieces around 3 max contracts.
    Very hard to. But now he has to stick with this group and see what happens. He's gonna honestly have to make some trades to add quality bigs. Trading expiring contracts, picks, points, etc. He doesn't have to do it this season. He can try to build up his points, get some decent picks in the next couple of seasons and in year 2-3 acquire a big man by a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

I agree, but the crap that comes at me for Prince and Francis made it quite obvious, I was never going to get fair value for those guys. Also, I hate losing and I hate throwing everything away just to get high picks.

I agree, but the crap that comes at me for Prince and Francis made it quite obvious, I was never going to get fair value for those guys. Also, I hate losing and I hate throwing everything away just to get high picks.
    I would have offered for prince but I always wanted him as a complimentary player and could never come up with a good package.

I would have offered for prince but I always wanted him as a complimentary player and could never come up with a good package.
    I think a lot has to do with me. People would offer good packages if I wanted to suck for 2 years with a bunch of draft picks and then build it up, but I just felt the hand I was dealt when I joined steered me away from it. I had probably the best pg in the league at the time, and a SF everyone wanted in Prince, but my lack of understanding of this game killed me because I didn't realize it would take 3-4 years to have actual cap room.

Either way, I'm a happy guy if Barbosa joins or if he is matched. I have plans for both instances.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    One good thing is that you could hit on a big with MLE (or remaining space) and next year sign them to a decent deal and hit on another MLE... it does happen (I wish I could've kept Mike miller that way)

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    One good thing is that you could hit on a big with MLE (or remaining space) and next year sign them to a decent deal and hit on another MLE... it does happen (I wish I could've kept Mike miller that way)
    Good point!

Thread Information