Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Fantasy Football

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Do we want to do keeper?
    I don't really like keepers. But whatever the majority wants. I also want to bring up auction again. I just keep reading / hearing it's the way to go. I think GI and Loco said they didn't like an auction style, but I'll bring it up again. Also I'm assuming the date and time works for everyone. Is 7pm eastern too early for you all?

I'll do auction. I don't like it but nothing is at stake here but pride, so sure let's try something new if others want to.

I've never done keepers so that's why I brought it up.

I'm in the eastern time zone so anything before 7 would be cutting it close.

I'm ok with auction. Don't really care for them but like GI said nothing but pride on the line so I'm down. Haven't done an auction in years.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'll do auction. I don't like it but nothing is at stake here but pride, so sure let's try something new if others want to.

I've never done keepers so that's why I brought it up.

I'm in the eastern time zone so anything before 7 would be cutting it close.
    I'm eastern too that's why I have it at 7. But I don't want this thing to revolve around me. I think keepers work much better with an auction. So if we get real crazy how about auction and keepers?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Don't matter to me. Never did auction but not opposed to anything different.

I've never done auction either

Sent from my Droid DNA

Personally, I would love to do an auction. But I'm really ok with anything.

Someone please explain auction to me

Sent from my Droid DNA

Quote Originally Posted by BowToTheBill23 View Post
    Personally, I would love to do an auction. But I'm really ok with anything.
    Well so far nobody has been super against it, so I think it's OK to switch to an auction. And I can put the setting for Keepers and we can always go back and change that. Now I just want to confirm everyone can make the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    Someone please explain auction to me

Sent from my Droid DNA
    You get like $200 to buy players. Each person takes a turn selecting who they want to open the bidding on. People bid money until someone "wins." At that point if you spent $50 on AP, you only have whatever is left to purchase the rest of your roster.

ill be at work wed but should have time cant promise nothing
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

nm im good off tue

Quote Originally Posted by c_prej View Post
    ill be at work wed but should have time cant promise nothing
    Quail requested we change to Tuesday the 27th, that work for you too?

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Well so far nobody has been super against it, so I think it's OK to switch to an auction. And I can put the setting for Keepers and we can always go back and change that. Now I just want to confirm everyone can make the draft.
    I''ve only done one, and was less than successful. My issue was that I'm pretty confident in setting an auto draft for snake drafting, but not so much for auction drafting. I should be able to make it, so I'd be down
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I''ve only done one, and was less than successful. My issue was that I'm pretty confident in setting an auto draft for snake drafting, but not so much for auction drafting. I should be able to make it, so I'd be down
    Yeah I'm finishing up a mock auction on ESPN. It does seem like it'd be hard to set up an autodraft. It's fun but you gotta watch your budget because if you go all out on 4 guys you're left with a max bid of like 5$

Auction draft will probably take significantly longer.

EDIT: Did a mock draft up to like 10 players. AP went for $70.... GEEZ

NFL Fantasy Football

The thing is. Defenses don't go for more than like 5 dollars and tight ends dmt go for more than 3 dollars. I got jimmy graham, ravens d, and patriots kicker for 10 dollars combined

Auction draft will probably take significantly longer.

EDIT: Did a mock draft up to like 10 players. AP went for $70.... GEEZ
    Yeah it will take longer, but at the same time as long as we keep nominating players at a good pace it shouldn't be too bad.

This was on my team from two years ago. I had drew, Calvin Johnson, ray rice, jimmy graham.and then lucked out with all my cheaper players. I went 13-0. Auction drafts are fun when no one else knows what they're doing

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    This was on my team from two years ago. I had drew, Calvin Johnson, ray rice, jimmy graham.and then lucked out with all my cheaper players. I went 13-0. Auction drafts are fun when no one else knows what they're doing
    So you'll be the expert that will school us all?

Well I'm not in the league so no. I'm not saying I'm great at auction drafts. I just went in saying that I have to get drew, Calvin, and rice or migh have been McCoy actually and then got lucky. I averaged like 120 points a game.

Curious. Why is there no Flex or extra WR slot. Are we only starting 8 players?

Ok so all the info on the league is up to date and final? Just so I know what I need to do research on. I haven't done auction in years. My whole draft notebook isn't worth much if we're doing auction..Lol I'll have to redo it. Draft tomorrow or Wednesday? I'm good with any time of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    Ok so all the info on the league is up to date and final? Just so I know what I need to do research on. I haven't done auction in years. My whole draft notebook isn't worth much if we're doing auction..Lol I'll have to redo it. Draft tomorrow or Wednesday? I'm good with any time of course.

The only question I have is if we are not doing flex, why are we not replacing it with a 3rd WR?

Thread Information