Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Do you like the new UNI's?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

174 71.60%
  • No

69 28.40%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like the new uni's?

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    I love the road blues. The home whites are alright. I will be getting one in the near future. Probably closer towards the season starts in September or October.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

I really wanted New Orleans really big and blocky on the front. I don't like the wonky numbers.

And why all of a sudden do so many fans care what fans from other teams think....especially those of us that are from NOLA/Louisiana....we're born & bred not to give a **** what people think. LOL. Granted I did NOT like the Pelicans name when it was announced but I'm still going to support the team. **** anyone else's opinion. I am grateful New Orleans is on the front of both Jerseys though. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    And why all of a sudden do so many fans care what fans from other teams think. They know nothing about our team. Granted I did NOT like the Pelicans name when it was announced but I'm still going to support the team. **** anyone else's opinion. I am grateful New Orleans is on the front of both Jerseys though. LOL.

Amen!

And why all of a sudden do so many fans care what fans from other teams think. They know nothing about our team. Granted I did NOT like the Pelicans name when it was announced but I'm still going to support the team. **** anyone else's opinion. I am grateful New Orleans is on the front of both Jerseys though. LOL.
    Yeah, it's amazing how much people put into what others think. They've never given a crap about us so why is it different today?

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    I don't hate them, but I think they are just as blah as the court. The font is WAY too small, and there is so much white space. The numbers, however, are nice, and the pelican logo on the side of the shorts is nice. The stripes on the side are decent, imo, but would be better suited in another city. More red used in the piping could have gone a long way to help these jerseys. This push to use gold as a secondary is never realistically going to work when it's pitted against red and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestercan View Post
    As much as I wanted to get rid of "Hornets," each press release has been a big letdown. From Pelicans to the generic color scheme to these bland uniforms. The whole rebrand has been meh.
    Pretty much. The only thing they've really gotten right are the logos, and a lot of that has to do with the use of red. Why they've run away from the red after designing the logos, I have no idea, but any person who saw the logos and nothing else would assume that red is the secondary color of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Pic of the lig on the shorts. I thought this was really cool

https://twitter.com/npkrueger/status...160064/photo/1
    Love that.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    no more "NOLA" buttplates. these are solid.
    This is a huge step forward; I'll agree on that.

In all honesty I'd rather they look plain & safe then over stylized monstrosities......like the Mardi Gras Hornets Jerseys.....

YEAH I SAID IT!!!! FIGHT ME!!!

The font design is fine. Its the size that hurts it.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    The font design is fine. Its the size that hurts it.
    I do agree with this. And I even think the size font wouldn't be all noticeably small if the collar on the home jersey was blue instead of Gold. The Gold collar clashes with the gold trim on the font making it look much smaller than it does on the blue jersey.

In all honesty I'd rather they look plain & safe then over stylized monstrosities......like the Mardi Gras Hornets Jerseys.....

YEAH I SAID IT!!!! FIGHT ME!!!

You go girl!

All-Star
    At 1st I wasn't a fan of them but after seeing a couple of pics on the pelicans website they are cool...I would love it if they came out with a gold alternate

I think they look awesome, i love everything about them . In my opinion you dont want them to flashy some of the best unis are the simple ones, i think they will grow on everybody like the name is

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    At 1st I wasn't a fan of them but after seeing a couple of pics on the pelicans website they are cool...I would love it if they came out with a gold alternate
    NBA rule is you can only have 2 uni's for the first year after change of brand. 3rd uni will be announced next year.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    hoping for gold alternate instead of red - if so i'm a happy camper. New Orleans could be a bit larger otherwise nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    You go girl!
    My boyfriend got me a Mardi Gras jersey for my B-day last yr. He was mad when I returned it for but I'm sorry I wasn't walkin outside with that on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    For some reason, the jerseys look better to me in the store. Maybe the stream messed with the coloring?

I really dig the blue. White, not so much.
    This is what I don't understand... its the same jersey only you invert the blue and the white. What's the problem?

My boyfriend got me a Mardi Gras jersey for my B-day last yr. He was mad when I returned it for but I'm sorry I wasn't walkin outside with that on.
    Lol, whatev, may as well get something you like

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    This is what I don't understand... its the same jersey only you invert the blue and the white. What's the problem?
    People are... weird

Love the road blues!!! The white is ok! But better yet...is the training facility done already?!?!? I wanna see pict of that baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Lol, whatev, may as well get something you like
    I wasn't even phased he was mad cuz I told him to wait until the new ones came out. And just get me a new female size Jimmy Graham jersey. LOL.

those hornets mardi gras jerseys are an abomination
    a cute novelty for the team but good god please dont wear those things in public
    ever
    not even in an ironical fashion

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    those hornets mardi gras jerseys are an abomination
    a cute novelty for the team but good god please dont wear those things in public
    ever
    not even in an ironical fashion
    I thought they were unique. I liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    For some reason, the jerseys look better to me in the store. Maybe the stream messed with the coloring?

I really dig the blue. White, not so much.
    They do look better there than the screenshots from the release.

over stylized monstrosities......like the Mardi Gras Hornets Jerseys.....
    That uni was ugly all around.

Thread Information