Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 2k Hornets Dynasty

My 2k Hornets Dynasty

I'm going to updates on my 2k franchise for those who care to chronicle My Hornets Franchise. I'm trying to run this as realistic (in my mind) as possible (Although i'm sure the 2k logic will crap all over this idea).

2013 Offseason

Resigning Period:
    I declined all contract extensions outside of Lance Thomas to ensure I had cap space and I could shape the roster the way I wanted to.
    Robin Lopez: Declined
    Lance Thomas: Accepted
    Darius Miller: For some reason the game only had him down as a 1 year contract and he did not want to resign with me.
    Dominique McGuire: Declined
    Brian Roberts: Declined; Plan on addressing the PG position in draft or Free Agency.
    Aminu: Welp, had to decline this because Dell did IRL. Thanks for that Dell. I mean who could use a long athletic SF at a discount?

Draft Lottory:
    Odds- 6th Pick
    Actual Pick- 9th Pick
    Yeah, I kind of got shafted here. Meanwhile Portland lands the #1 overall and selects Nerleans Noel. *ssholes. At least he will have a lot of rebounds to collect at the rate Lillard clanks them. Of course against me he will go 11-15 or something.

R1P6: Trey Burke

After last night watching Burke, i made an emotional selection here and took a "leader" (as much of a leader as a video game can have, hopefully he'll take Chris Paul's old number and rob us of his memory). I had Trey listed at 5'11" just to be as realistic as i can be.

***Trade: Grevis Vasquez for R2P1***

Explanation: With the Selection of Burke and Rivers sitting there, I wanted to give my younger guys more time on the floor. I love what Rivers brings off the bench and I just couldn't see giving Vasquez the time he deserved. I shipped him to Dallas who somehow acquired Round 2 pick #1 previously and now they have a nice little collection of former Hornets guards who just couldn't cut it (Collison and Vasquez).

R2P1: Doug McDermott; Wanted to see if I can select him and play him and develop him into that Ryan Anderson type shooter for a better salary down the line. I love what Anderson brings to the table, but if i can get a younger more ffordable option, i'll take it. If not, he was just a second rounder. Also i needed a token white shooter on my team (i'm white, so stop thinking i'm racist.

R2P6: Jeff Withey; Guy can play some D and rebound. Don't see him getting a ton of PT right now though.

Last edited by BallSoHard; 03-30-2013 at 02:34 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

This is where the game gets a little unrealistic. I'll give myself some guidelines as i continue my franchise. I can't go after a Chris Paul or a Dwight Howard. Just in my mind, and i know some disagree, but i think it's very unlikely these guys sign here, but in the game, i can probably sign any of them. I can only go after B list stars, or younger guys who haven't had a chance to perform under their current team.

Tom Benson: "BSH, I want you to go out and make us a playoff team. Our attendance is towards the bottom of the league. You have the freedom to make trades and sign whoever you want. I won't pay the Luxury tax unless you're a playoff team though. Good luck in Free agency and make us proud. (FYI this is the real Tom Benson, not a fake role playing version of him. Speaking of which, is it weird i'm role-playing with Tom Benson? How many times have you even heard this? Who am I? Is anyone reading this... Probably not. ).

Free Agency Period: Alright, well, I can't spend like the Lakers to get what I want, since my owner has told me I can't overspend unless i'm a playoff team. I'm going to go after a few solid vets and some young up and comers to see if I can find a spot in the rotation for them.

Current Rosters:
    PG: Trey Burke
    PG/SG: Austin Rivers
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: Doug McDermott
    PF/C: Anthony Davis
    PF: Lance Thomas
    C: Jason Smith
    C: Jeff Withey
    **Bolded is projected starters***

Targets:
    1.) A strong SF
    2.) A Center
    3.) A Young player to Develop
    4.) Depth

Top Free Agents:
    1. Chris Paul (UFA)
    2. Dwight Howard (UFA)
    3. Brandon Jennings (RFA)

Targets:
    1. Andre Igudola- sure, he's an older guy, but Aminu hates me at this point because I declined his contract (Thanks Demps) and Iggy bring a ton of athleticism that this time sorely needs. Overpaying for him should be a slam dunk!

2. Pekovic- I feel like he's more intimidating as only a last name, but i digress: a big guy who eats up offensive boards. I'm not going to offer him the house, but about 7 Per will do. If i win I win, if I lose I lose, If he dies, he dies.

3. Robin Lopez - I know i declined him, but I'll still go after him. Productive guy and could fortify the bench or be an ok starter.

4. Byron Mullins- I'd like him with or without Lopez. He's a young center that can open up the floor. He lacks defense and I'll have Monty focus on his post D. Davis can help him out on tougher match-ups.

5. Tony Allen; Because I'm sure the game even has a sense of humor with Eric Gordon's injury history. Speaking of which, if Gordon goes down on me (TWSS see below) I'm pretty sure i'm going to lose every.single.game. But I refuse REFUSE to go after J.R. Smith because i'd feel inclined to play like him and have the worst shot selection.

5. Some random PF that's young and i can put on IR all season.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 03-30-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Free Agency Results:
    1. Andre Igudola: Signed
    I Front Loaded his contract because i'd like his contract to decline as his play declines. I'm praying for about 15-5-4-2 a game from this guy. Here's the contract:
    1. 11,170,000
    2. 10,670,000
    3. 10,160,000
    4. 9,660,000

2. Pekovic: Decided to sign with the Mavericks. Apparently Mark Cuban did NOT attend Shark Tank for this highly valuable asset. Who decided to sign for less money. Stupid Siberian, I didn't want you anyway (i did ). WE ARE NEVER EVER EVER, GETTING BACK TOGETHER!

3. Robin Lopez: Signed with the Bobcats for more money. Ok I get it, my offer was disrespectful. But i think you rebounding is disrespectful.

4. Byron Mullins: After signing Lopez, they didn't decide to match this offer and have 9 Centers. Shocking, 2k, shocking. So i've got a young center, who i don't care too much about, but hopefully he blooms. He's a tougher than you, Pekovic. Just because you Russian or Serbian (all the same to me) doesn't make you tough. MY CENTER SPENDS THE OFFSEASON BALLING AGAINST CRIMINALS IN JAIL! don't Believe me? See below:

PS Contract info:
    1. 2,810,000
    2. 2,940,000
    3. 3,060,000
    4. 3,190,000

5. Tony Allen- Yep got him as well. He's 31, he won't be here forever, but he will be here for 1 year.
    Contract:
    1. 1,310,000

6. Random PF: Jermey Tyler. This will be the guy that carry's Anthony's Davis' bag. Grooms his eyebrows. Schedules community events for AD, who will not show up and Jermey will have to show up in his place, thus disappointing every fan that thought AD was coming. Sorry kids, AD is too busy failing coaching sessions trying to improve his jumper. No one ever said making a million was easy.

Your 2013-2014 Pelicans Team:
    PG: Trey Burke
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: Andre Igudola
    PF: Anthony Davis
    C: Byron Mullins

Bench:
    Austin Rivers 25 MPG
    Ryan Anderson 25 MPG
    Tony Allen 15 MPG
    Doug McDermott 10 MPG
    Lance Thomas 5 MPG
    Jeff Withey 0 MPG
    Jason Smith 10 MPG
    Jeremy Tyler 0 MPG

Which draft file are you using?

In the one I had Oladipo was undrafted and burke was a second round pick. Not to mention I got Noel at #8 in the first round.

My 2k Hornets Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Which draft file are you using?

In the one I had Oladipo was undrafted and burke was a second round pick. Not to mention I got Noel at #8 in the first round.
    Edited my own. Can send it to you in 2k. I made sure I had like the top 10-15 right.

Oh nice. PS3?

Yea I just started second season, but I was looking for a more accurate draft file to start over.

I also signed Iggy after first year. Terrible pick up. He sucks in 2k. Aminu is actually more reliable. lol

My 2k Hornets Dynasty

Oh nice. PS3?

Yea I just started second season, but I was looking for a more accurate draft file to start over.

I also signed Iggy after first year. Terrible pick up. He sucks in 2k. Aminu is actually more reliable. lol
    Yes sir. We're friends on there. Cajunirl. I had a great game w iggy. 15-6-3-2-1 (not kidding lol). 40 percent from 3 but he missed a few wide open.

Davis just gave me 36-11-3 and 3 blocks! Dirk couldn't contain him.

Gordon 23-7-7

Burke was not as good. 6-7(assist) with 4 turnovers. He also shot like 1-8 lol.

Do you sim or play it out?

I usually play one game a "2k Calendar week"

My 2k Hornets Dynasty

Playing it now. I just ha to face lillard Aldridge and Noel. Lillard lit me up. I play on superstar, so it's usually one person or another who just can't miss. What about you?

Normally sim and I'll play a game a week (in game calendar). All-star sim level.

I play the Wizards earlier and Beal and Wall both had 32 points. Nene just completely destroyed Davis.

When you have a chance send me over that draft file if possible. I started this season when the game came out, so the draft file was just terrible. lol

Also I play 10 minute quarters so the stats are realistic. Not sure how you go about it, but 5 minute quarters are only for online purposes. lol

My 2k Hornets Dynasty

I play 9 minute quarters lol. Close enough.

Nice. Do you mess with the sliders at all?

How do you even create a draft class? lol

Nevermind. Finally found the option. lol

My team is great I made some trade and got more picks
    PG- Vasquez/Burke Not ready to start yet
    SG- Gordon/Muhammad/ Henry
    SF- Aminu has grown it to a great player in the game/Porter Jr./Miller
    PF- Davis, Ryno, Thomas
    C- Lopez, Whitney
    I think closer to the trade deadline I will look to trade Lopez and Vasquez to open up to the rookies and get more pick so I could get some other great prospects

How the heck did you acquire 4 1st rounders? lol

How the heck did you acquire 4 1st rounders? lol
    I luckily got Whitney in the second round pick we don't have. Rivers got a 1st rounder and I had to take up some bad contracts that I got rid of for more pick. The guy I got the roster from I got really luck and undervalued Whitney in the second round. I got our pick with Porter at 3, Muhammad at 10 and Whitney at 32. I think if they all develop into good players I have a NBA Championship soon. Also I got rid of assistant coach Randy Ayers to get a better teaching coach.

What about Burke?

What about Burke?
    Tayshaun Prince and Hedo Türkoğlu got the Cavs lottery pick at 12. But I think I paid Hedo's contract because of my cap space. I also don't have any pick in the 2014 draft but might trade Lopez, Aminu and Vasquez I am running low on trade bait.
    Last edited by FLYINGPELICANS; 04-05-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Just finished my first season. Burke went #3. I got McLemore at #6 though. Rivers moving to PG permanently with this. Going to try and find a PG in free agency.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, BSH.

My team atm:

Rivers/Vasquez
    McLemore/Caldwell-Pope
    MKG/Aminu
    Davis/Anderson
    Howard/Smith/Whitney

Funny story: I simulated through the 2013 season to get to the offseason and guess who made All-NBA Third Team and All-Defensive Second Team? That's right. Lance Thomas. Bonafide stud. Minnesota also offered me their 2013 and 14 first round picks for Roberts and Henry. I turned it down because they were making it too easy. Association needs to become a bit more realistic...

MKG was acquired in a trade that went something like:

Gordon, 1st rounder (2nd overall (got lucky)), and Lopez (?) for MKG and 1st rounder (1st overall): got McLemore in that deal.

I don't remember how I got the pick for Pope, but I know I snagged him with a first round pick in the 20s.

Got Whitney with my second round pick.

Fun, fun, fun.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I agree, the association mode is so unrealistic, I've been tempted to turn off cpu trades, because every star in the league gets traded.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed this, BSH.
    Thanks man!

I agree, the association mode is so unrealistic, I've been tempted to turn off cpu trades, because every star in the league gets traded.
    2k has done a good job, but there's a lot of things lacking. for instance; team chemistry should be a much bigger thing and take much longer to build. They should also have team status: Rebuilding, Middle Tier, Playoff contender, championship Contender which would effect trades and what teams will and won't do. Like the Bobcats, don't let them trade their first rounder unless a young superstar comes accross. Don't accept long term contracts well into guy's 30's. Make they try to rid themselves of contacts of players ages > 30 AND Salary > 6m per year AND > 3 years remaining. they need mroe logic built into their trading system.

Thread Information