Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: August 1 jersey unveiling???

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Apparently all the practice facility pictures got wacked...
    guessing jaydeaux got told to either delete the pics or his name would get deleted from the company payroll

edit: which sucks b/c the pics were awesome and I planned on looking at them over and over until I saw the arena officially decked out in Pelicans gear
    Last edited by rt0307; 07-26-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    http://www.pelicansteamstore.com/pel...s_new-arrivals

Is that what the numbers will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    http://www.pelicansteamstore.com/pel...s_new-arrivals

Is that what the numbers will look like?
    1 can only assume it is

edit: but of course you know what happens when you assume

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Every other tee like that around the league does, you would have to assu...

I like it if so, please be so.
    Wherehappens.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I like those numbers too. I'll be glad when we get through this. Between this and the Oden thing, it's taking up too much of my attention. I keep checking in just to see if the jerseys have leaked or if Oden signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I like those numbers too. I'll be glad when we get through this. Between this and the Oden thing, it's taking up too much of my attention. I keep checking in just to see if the jerseys have leaked or if Oden signs.
    shockingly I'm posting a lot more on Pelicans report nowaday than Saints report... and that's with Saints training camp now underway

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Every other tee like that around the league does, you would have to assu...

I like it if so, please be so.
    somebody alert bigdub... he may be able to use that numbering and lettering to come up w/ a new uniform look

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    shockingly I'm posting a lot more on Pelicans report nowaday than Saints report... and that's with Saints training camp now underway
    Same here. It's...unsettling. Then I realize part of the reason is no more two-a-days. Used to get double the camp reports. Now camps end early and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Same here. It's...unsettling. Then I realize part of the reason is no more two-a-days. Used to get double the camp reports. Now camps end early and that's it.
    good point... most time when camp practice ends I haven't even had lunch at work yet... everything's long done by the time I can get to a comp and put my non-professional opinion

just think... by the end of next week we should have seen the uniforms and know where Oden is playing... that way we can get back to solely focusing on the Saints... for at least a few months until the Pelicans training camp starts

When you're able to keep the attention of die-hard Saints fans even during the first week of training camp, you know the Pelicans have a good thing going. I love the buzz that's building with the team.

I had no life this summer. This site is the first thing I visit in the morning, and last at night. U cannot tell me I'm not a true Pelicans fan. And I absolutely love the Saints...but I can care less about them right now until the Jersey /Oden fiasco passes.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

You would think the team would have made an announcement by now about the jersey revealing if it was really for August 1st..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    You would think the team would have made an announcement by now about the jersey revealing if it was really for August 1st..
    Probably going to announce tomorrow or on the 30th. If I remember correctly the logo reveal was announced 3 days before the event.

I'm pumped about seeing the uniforms but just imagine if the players walked out with their uniforms on to unveil them and it was Ryan Anderson , Anthony Davis , Eric Gordon , Tyreke Evans , Jrue Holiday and Greg Oden !!! How awesome would that look ???

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    somebody alert bigdub... he may be able to use that numbering and lettering to come up w/ a new uniform look
    If I did, it would just be putting that on to the template that I created. In all honesty I'm wondering why are they going to use three different fonts if in fact that is what the jersey set up will look like. I didn't care for it on our previous Hornets uniform, having a standard athletic block font for the players name, but using your custom font just for the city/team name and numbers. Make it all uniformed IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    can't make the announcement about the presser too soon. announcing a presser is coming builds anticipation... and you want to have the presser at the peak of that anticipation. announce it too soon and you lose some of that anticipation and then at the time of the presser you get responses like "oh yeah there was a presser today". you don't want that kind of response... on the day of the presser you want responses like "I can't wait for today's Pelicans announcement"

Monday or tuesday sounds all right to me if they really will announce it

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    kinda like the guy who makes love only once a month, but is walking around with a huge smile on his face.....why is he smiling you ask? cuz today's the day!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I was working Saints training camp today and the NFL Network guy wanted to talk to me more about what I thought about the Pelicans than the Saints Says something.

O/T but are we sure they are going to show the uniforms on Thursday? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    Na nothing is for sure with us
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    My sister works in the Pelicans marketing department and she said they will be released Thursday
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

Quote Originally Posted by SnowofSX2 View Post
    My sister works in the Pelicans marketing department and she said they will be released Thursday
    My ticket rep called me today and mentioned that there will be an announcement about our uniforms on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    My ticket rep called me today and mentioned that there will be an announcement about our uniforms on Thursday.
    So they will be releasing our uniform design Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Its official. Odrin will announce his descision thursday. :big****:

Thread Information