Pelicans Report

Thread: NCAA Football 14

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

NCAA Football 14

Thoughts? Heard some mixed reviews.

It's EA Sports NCAA Football, so whatever you thought of the prior editions, same here. They have changed the lead up scenes to the games slightly.

There is a feature where it seems you can add your own music to different situations in the game, but I haven't figured out how to use ti yet.

Some of the same errors from prior versions are still there (i.e. Tennessee's fight songs reversed improperly).

The only reason to get the game over '13 is to get the latest roster and to just have the last game of the series.

Well I have never bought NCAA before, always strictly Madden. I decided to purchase it anyway. So far I am really liking the Road to Glory mode.

It's Legit.

Finished RTG ranked in the top 10 nationally as a QB. **** was intense.

Just started a Dynasty. That is TOTALLY revamped w/ easier recruiting. Looks to be really LEGIT.

I'm tempted but i don't think i'm buying anything other than usedgames before ps4.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    It's Legit.

Finished RTG ranked in the top 10 nationally as a QB. **** was intense.

Just started a Dynasty. That is TOTALLY revamped w/ easier recruiting. Looks to be really LEGIT.
    I haven't played the RTG mode since like 08. How involved is it? Is it just games and practices like it used to be or is it more? The create a player mode is pretty much all I do with sports games now.

I have to say, I have played every Madden since Madden 96 on Sega, and NCAA blows Madden out the water IMO. From the game play to the different types of "achievements" to the game modes. Way better game. Of course I will reserve judgement on Madden 25 until I play it but impressed with NCAA 14 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I have to say, I have played every Madden since Madden 96 on Sega, and NCAA blows Madden out the water IMO. From the game play to the different types of "achievements" to the game modes. Way better game. Of course I will reserve judgement on Madden 25 until I play it but impressed with NCAA 14 so far.
    Was thinking about getting it.. Hated the last few times i got it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Well you see, I have never bought an NCAA football game before, so I guess I have a different perspective. Only NCAA game I have ever purchased before this one was basketball and it Redick's last year at Duke.

Last NCAA game. Time to get on OperationSports again and keep those draft classes coming, Internet.

People still play NFL 2k5 and update its rosters so it would probably be a good one to pick up.

I don't know if it's because I chose a top SEC team or what but for my RB RTG it's pretty tough to get yards. Probably 65% of the time as soon as I get the ball there is someone in the backfield.

O and in practice holey moley the defense is like 10x better.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I don't know if it's because I chose a top SEC team or what but for my RB RTG it's pretty tough to get yards. Probably 65% of the time as soon as I get the ball there is someone in the backfield.

O and in practice holey moley the defense is like 10x better.
    Is RTG fun?

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Is RTG fun?
    I think so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I bought it. I don't like it so much. I'll sell it to someone for 45 bucks. Played twice from PS3.

I can't by any games before PS4. I just can't.

I bought it. I don't like it so much. I'll sell it to someone for 45 bucks. Played twice from PS3.
    20 bucks and 10 points

ah you guys are ps4'n huh? im getting the xbox one

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    ah you guys are ps4'n huh? im getting the xbox one
    Sorry bro. Know what it's like to be loyal to a lesser brand that always disapoints. what am i saying, no i don't!

i have both this gen but no reason to do the same next gen

Thread Information