Pelicans Report

Thread: Official MLB thread

MLB Official MLB thread

Didn't see a baseball thread and there's a lot to talk about! Baseball is the best, game every day. I'll get this started.
    1)MLB Extra Innings shows games free for one week after the all star break which is awesome.
    2) My Giants have won 2 of last 3 World Series but we're gonna miss the playoffs this year because management sat tight and didn't make a significant addiction, in fact lost Melky Cabrera while the Dodgers have become the Yankees of the NL. 3) The Red Sox missed the playoffs last year and now have the best record in the AL. What a turn around. The AL east this year is best it's ever been imo.
    4) Ryan Braun just admitted to PED's and suspended for rest of the year, how many more suspensions will come down this year, possible playoff teams like Texas or the Yankees could be impacted heavily if Nelson Cruz or Alex Rodriquez get busted for 50 or 100 games.

I believe the reason Ryan Braun gave such a vague apology is because legally his lawyers told him not to admit anything. Apparently prosecutors have 5 years to drop a charge against Braun if he broke the law of using PED's in their jurisdiction. So I don't think we will see Braun publicly admit and give details about what PED's he used and for how long; in fact he probably won't even acknowledge that he used them. Many people will be upset with him for this, but he's trying to avoid legal trouble.

What's on right now on MLB Extra Innings, all games free right now on comcast. This would be heaven if I was betting MLB. Decisions Decisions. Orioles/Royals or Cubs/Dbacks or Phillies/STL, or Pitts/Washington, or Dodgers/Toronto Puig, Hanley and Toronto one of the most hyped teams this year, pretty disappointing but ton of talent, Oakland/Houston (yawn Stros worst team and watch A's local) Miami/Colorado pass, Braves/Mets, Giants/Reds my giants getting blown out so f that but great news, there's a double header. Giants/Reds game #2 ftw, Rays/Boston, Yankees/Texas pass Yankees everyone hurt, Tigers/White Sox Miguel Cabrera hurt so that takes the air out of that game, Padres/Brewers hell no.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-23-2013 at 09:01 PM.

I went to a Yankees game a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome. I'm not a big baseball fan but live baseball is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I went to a Yankees game a couple of weeks ago. It was awesome. I'm not a big baseball fan but live baseball is fantastic.
    Few places better to catch a game, new stadium but it's a hitters park. Too bad you didn't get to see Jeter, ARod, Mark Teixeira, or Curtis Granderson though. It's a testament to the Yankees that they're even competitive in toughest division in MLB, arguably most injury riddled team.

Makes if hard to grow up one if there's not a team in close proximity to your city or on local television. Used to go to Dodgers games now I get to go to a few Giants games (AT&T Park is tops in the National League, it's a beautiful park) and all Giants and A's games are on tv in Northern California.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-23-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Few places better to catch a game, new stadium but it's a hitters park. Too bad you didn't get to see Jeter, ARod, Mark Teixeira, or Curtis Granderson though. It's a testament to the Yankees that they're even competitive in toughest division in MLB, arguably most injury riddled team.

Makes if hard to grow up one if there's not a team in close proximity to your city or on local television. Used to go to Dodgers games now I get to go to a few Giants games (AT&T Park is tops in the National League, it's a beautiful park) and all Giants and A's games are on tv in Northern California.
    Yeah it was a lot of fun, but you're right, it was a very thin Yankees lineup. I did get to see Cano play well, which was cool.

We have a minor league team down here, and games are fun, but honestly its too dang hot to really enjoy baseball here. I'm usually a pile of sweat by the 4th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Yeah it was a lot of fun, but you're right, it was a very thin Yankees lineup. I did get to see Cano play well, which was cool.

We have a minor league team down here, and games are fun, but honestly its too dang hot to really enjoy baseball here. I'm usually a pile of sweat by the 4th inning.
    ahh is it very humid like Florida? Used to live there, was intense.

It's very different sports culture. Probably most everyone in Louisiana likes Saints and LSU and then some Pelicans fans. We have 5 baseball teams in Cali lol. Pretty much all sports fans in Northern California like Giants or A's and 49ers or Raiders. When it comes to bball I live in Sacramento but not a Kings fans. Even among people who grew in Sacramento, many of them Lakers fans or different teams. And most Warriors fans live in the Bay Area.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 07-23-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Yeah it's humid here. I'd say baseball isn't big here, but I do see a good bit of Cardinals, Cubs, and Red Sox fans. I root for the Phillies but I'm not too involved in it.

Thread Information