Pelicans Report

Thread: Complete Summer League Stats

Complete Summer League Stats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	5192

What stands out to me is how well Rivers really played overall. You can also tell what the man focus was this SL. Rivers, Roberts, Miller. Rivers to develop, Miller and Roberts playing for a spot.

A few impressive stats. Rivers averaged just over 18ppg on 48.6% shooting. AND shot just over 72% from the FT line (I'm super happy thats improving). Rivers had well over double the amount of FT attempts as anyone else averaging almost 6/GM, showing his ability to draw fouls. Rivers averaged the same amount of assists as Roberts, which is interesting because I would have assumed Roberts would have gotten more.

Miller hit just under 40% from 3pt, just under 14 ppg on just below 45% shooting. He seems to be mostly a scoring and doesn't bring much on rebounding. He was out rebounded by Brian Roberts.

Roberts had a very Meh SL. Took the second most shots (69 compared to Rivers 70.) but averaged worst in every category except 3pt% and TO.

Withey averaged 1.5 bpg - expected, but got out rebounded by Brockman and Thomas (granted in much less minutes and 1 fewer game), and he did it while committing very few fouls. Defense appeared to be decent though.

Everyone else, not a ton to talk about.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    That one mid-range jumper that AR had today made me very excited. It's about time, Austin.

Also, what doesn't show up in the (very good) stats is how great is defense is and has become. That's HUGE coming off the bench.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    That one mid-range jumper that AR had today made me very excited. It's about time, Austin.

Also, what doesn't show up in the (very good) stats is how great is defense is and has become. That's HUGE coming off the bench.
    Yes. His desire to want to guard the best player on the court is awesome and I hope it continues.

I don't know if anyone even does advanced stats on SL but I'd be interested in seeing some.

Maybe BSS will have more info in a few days.

I think some of those stats are wrong.
    Rivers 2/10 from 3 pointers....that's 20% in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think some of those stats are wrong.
    Rivers 2/10 from 3 pointers....that's 20% in my book.
    And that's what the stats say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    And that's what the stats say.
    He really shot that badly? Hope he improves....couldn't do much worse.

Rivers scored 10 ppg on 21.1% shooting last year in Vegas.

Yes, take SL with a grain of salt, but there is no way to say anything other than we have seen a dramatic improvement in Rivers. Impressive week for him
    @mcnamara247

I gotta admit as a doubter he surprised me a lot this summer league.

If he continues to show this type of improvement from year to year he's gonna be a very good player in this league in another year or two.

Exciting for the future of the pelicans. Having a surplus of young and improving talent is a huge asset in building and sustaining a championship contender.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He really shot that badly? Hope he improves....couldn't do much worse.
    Ironically enough Brian Roberts only shot 28% from 3.

I agree with MM. Dramatic improvement from Rivers compared to last Summer League. I hope he continues this into the regular season.

I'm curious if Miller did enough for a spot. I also think it will be hard for PJax to take Roberts spot unless he really impresses them behind closed doors. Maybe a camp body for a year and see how he does next year? Hard to judge the kid in the situation he was put into.

I don't know if Jackson beats out Roberts this year. I think a spot at the very end of the bench or D-League is more likely. But hopefully we have learned that whatever a rookie does in his first year does not tell the whole story.

Jackson has good potential as a spark plug off the bench. Learn the system this year. Contribute some next would be my guess.

Most good teams don't play rookies. Ideally, this would be a red shirt year for Jackson, and if we get Oden, for Withey too. Then, they show out as the main guys of next years Summer League team, and the cycle goes on and on and on

So... Brockman stays?

I say 10% chance Brockman gets invited to training camp, .00000000001% chance he makes the team.

Oooh I liked him. Too bad we have so many forwards.

Yep M.O.A.M played great today can't wait for pre season

Thread Information