Pelicans Report

Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1634

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

Dude went where he thought he could win a title before his knee blows out again.

Oh well. At least we can all move on now. Doesn't dampen my excitement level with regards to the upcoming season.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    He wanted Miami all along. **** this *******; yeah I'm bitter lol
    You could have had him in the soon league dude lol

Sent from my Droid DNA

As SI reported last week, teams that have watched Oden workout had low expectations for him next season. Nowhere near in game shape @ChrisMannixSI

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I'm so shocked

SIGN A SF

Another reason to hate the heat even more

Withey > Oden
    YOU PLAYING BASKETBALL IN PELICAN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone really surprised?? Can we get this thread closed now? Mods

Kind of upsetting. The rich get richer once again in the NBA.

Its gonna really sting if he ends up making a quality recovery and becomes even half of what he was projected to be for even a few years.

A healthy oden next to an emerging Davis with Anderson in the mix could have been a great front court.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola7 View Post
    Withey > Oden
    NOLA will still have gotten the better injured big name in free agency when duking it out w/ Miami

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Only reason this is upsetting is it means the end of a fun offseason. Would've been cool to have him, but it doesn't make much a difference .
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Only reason this is upsetting is it means the end of a fun offseason. Would've been cool to have him, but it doesn't make much a difference .
    we're what... month and a half? 2 months away from the start of the Pelicans first training camp?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Is anyone really surprised?? Can we get this thread closed now? Mods
    Why close the thread? Did we close the threads after we signed Tyreke or Jrue? Edit the title, sure, but close it? Sounds a lil' petty to me.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Like the guy could have had a season ending injury with us, so not much of difference if we didnt get him and the whole part where he might not even be that good or good as he once was before. So...Let's see Withey can do with those minutes.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Steimsma will have more blocks than Oden... book it.

the confident Contributor JOE in NO's Avatar
    Obviously the opportunity to win a championship was a huge sticking point and the reason I think Oden made the right choice for himself, but his quote, "I really liked was how [Miami] thought I could really add something to their team. They’ve won back-to-back championships without me, so for them to pursue me as hard as they did meant a lot, especially given all that I’ve gone through."

The quote just perplexed me, I'd say if Miami won without him that the opposite is true, they've proven they can win without him and that Oden may NOT really be adding anything needed. If he wanted to feel more like "adding something" to a team, I think he would have picked any other team other than Miami. I'm okay with this, I was on the fence about the signing to begin with the risk involved, but now we can move in another direction with some closure. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why close the thread? Did we close the threads after we signed Tyreke or Jrue? Edit the title, sure, but close it? Sounds a lil' petty to me.
    Not sure how the 2 correlate with each other. We actually signed those guys and they are now a part of our team. Why would we keep a thread open about signing a guy that is now a part of the Miami heat?? Makes no sense. Time to move on

Quote Originally Posted by JOE in NO View Post
    Obviously the opportunity to win a championship was a huge sticking point and the reason I think Oden made the right choice for himself, but his quote, "I really liked was how [Miami] thought I could really add something to their team. They’ve won back-to-back championships without me, so for them to pursue me as hard as they did meant a lot, especially given all that I’ve gone through."

The quote just perplexed me, I'd say if Miami won without him that the opposite is true, they've proven they can win without him and that Oden may NOT really be adding anything needed. If he wanted to feel more like "adding something" to a team, I think he would have picked any other team other than Miami. I'm okay with this, I was on the fence about the signing to begin with the risk involved, but now we can move in another direction with some closure. Yay.
    I was intrigued by that quote as well... told me what we all thought... he wanted to chase a title while still being able to mostly focus on his knees meaning watching games, not playing them

he's still not (and may never be) ready to be a main player on a building team

He definitely isn't the smartest. Why would he not go after the money is beyond me. What a fool.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Not sure how the 2 correlate with each other. We actually signed those guys and they are now a part of our team. Why would we keep a thread open about signing a guy that is now a part of the Miami heat?? Makes no sense. Time to move on
    Don't see any meaningful distinction if you're going to be utilitarian about it. The thread will slip down and down regardless. But as of right now it's the only bit of timely news out.

Don't see how it doesn't merit continued discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    He definitely isn't the smartest. Why would he not go after the money is beyond me. What a fool.
    Because he isn't looking for it. He's happy with what he made and is looking to make a comeback on his own terms. You may not like it but he did what he felt was best for his career. While I'm not happy it dragged out this long, I never expected him to sign for money. Money was never the issue with him. I bet his agent's doing all along. Miami was always the plan.

Am i the only one that heard of him to Miami last year? Pretty sure they tried it last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Because he isn't looking for it. He's happy with what he made and is looking to make a comeback on his own terms. You may not like it but he did what he felt was best for his career. While I'm not happy it dragged out this long, I never expected him to sign for money. Money was never the issue with him. I bet his agent's doing all along. Miami was always the plan.
    reading the grantland article just confirmed that to me... every other team in the hunt (including the Pelicans) were just pawns to get a more favorable contract from Miami

our $3 million got Oden a player option 2nd year from Miami (instead of the supposed team option 2nd year I have heard NOP was offering)
    Last edited by rt0307; 08-02-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Thread Information