Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1634

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If this were holding us up from other moves, I could understand the frustration. But if Oden passes, there really are just minimum players left. He can take as long as he wants as far as I am concerned.
    Ok, so you can't understand some fans being excited and the anticipation frustrating them? I get that it doesn't hurt anything or anyone but its easy to understand with the offseason we had that some fans want an answer to see if we get a cherry on top. People are excited, it's not that hard to understand. Does you argument make sense? Sure, but you're trying to play Dad on christmas Eve. Go drink some whiskey and let the kids play (im not even one of the kids).

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

If this were holding us up from other moves, I could understand the frustration. But if Oden passes, there really are just minimum players left. He can take as long as he wants as far as I am concerned.
    I am a fan and I want to know now. Who wants to wait?

The kids playing is fine until they start knocking a guy and saying they are "tired of his act", etc.

Saying - "Man, I want to know already" is fine IMO. I get that. I don't get the slight jabs that have been taken at his character or the insinuation that he is just trying to drive up the price based on no concrete info. To me, that is the difference. I said nothing on the first 40 pages, because it was all good and fun. The last two to three, the mood has changed to holding it against Oden by some people. That just doesn't seem right based on what the kid has gone through. Give him some time to make a life altering decision. Sure, it might frustrate you - express that, do whatever you like. But don't get mad at the man and attack him.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    I am a fan and I want to know now. Who wants to wait?
    People who study behavior, specifically what we call "happiness", would argue that waiting will bear more fruit. You get both the anticipation and the announcement.

If he says yes to us today, you get joy today. The joy will be gone by August 3rd at the latest.

If he waits until the 3rd, you get the joy of anticipating the possibility until the, the announcement, and and the afterglow, which could last until the 6th or 7th.

We all think that we want now, but almost every study has come back conclusive that waiting provides double the juice from half the fruit

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    It's a very delicate situation to him, he's been through more than the average FA so it'll take some time, he wants the best situation possible and he needs that at this point understandably.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Looks like Dr. Phill has joined the thread.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Looks like Dr. Phill has joined the thread.
    lol
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

It's a message board where we debate, and back it up with facts.

It looks like people are saying that they want answers now, and that will lead to happiness. They said the same about jerseys and numerous other topics.

But having to wait on stuff gives us things to talk about, which gives most joy. Therefore, I don't buy the argument that Oden announcing as soon as possible gives us the most happiness.

As if it would be unheard of for a player/agent to try and drive up a price. There have been hints of that since the beginning of the "courtship" with the info "leaked' to the medis. This is nothing new in professional sports. Some people have different levels of interest/patience in player transactions of other issues. Not everyone is going to beat to the sound of the same drum and that is why there are varying opinions on a message board. I think many just want closure on the issue and hope for a positive outcome.

we should make a pool and bet on when he makes his decision, I'm definitely beating on it getting pushed back again
    never assume

I don't want everybody to have the same opinion. But I just think there is a difference between attacking a person's character and being frustrated that something isn't moving along fast enough.

Not that everybody was heading down that road, but if you go back a page or two, you will notice that some started to, and I just don't think that serves any purpose when we know so little about what is really going on.

I personally am proud of this message board. It used to be full of clowns. Now, I look around at other teams' boards, and I honestly think this board has the most rational, intelligent, and informed fans of them all.

I didn't want us to start losing that on page 45. We are almost there. We will know his decision within a week most likely. We can keep it classy

I'm rolling with late Friday, early Saturday

Hi guys,

greetings from Italy!

I have this feeling that tomorrow Greg will show up with our new uniform...

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ok, so you can't understand some fans being excited and the anticipation frustrating them? I get that it doesn't hurt anything or anyone but its easy to understand with the offseason we had that some fans want an answer to see if we get a cherry on top. People are excited, it's not that hard to understand. Does you argument make sense? Sure, but you're trying to play Dad on christmas Eve. Go drink some whiskey and let the kids play (im not even one of the kids).
    I agree about the "Dad" part

Did anybody read the part where it said teams haven't even made formal offers yet before bashing Oden for not making a decision?

Normally, companies have to offer you a job before you can choose one
    Get outta here with all that sense.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    Get outta here with all that sense.
    I know, I will retire back to my cave now.

Sorry. Disregard the last few posts.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by maffu View Post
    Hi guys,

greetings from Italy!

(queue smoke machine)
    What's that?! OH MY GOD!! ITS GREG ODEN!

Quote Originally Posted by maffu View Post
    Hi guys,

greetings from Italy!

Welcome! I'm a Silverfoxx, voted poster of the year last year. Welcome to the board!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Is it just me or is he walking with a limp?
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 07-31-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Looks like he can't even walk correctly. I've always heard the rumors of his legs being way off in length. I'm going to lower my prediction of 1% chance that he can give productive minutes. It's just not going to happen for the poor guy.

He's always walked like that. That's where all the one leg longer than the other was was speculated from.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Looks like he can't even walk correctly. I've always heard the rumors of his legs being way off in length. I'm going to lower my prediction of 1% chance that he can give productive minutes. It's just not going to happen for the poor guy.
    I would think team doctors would notice if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would think team doctors would notice if that is the case.
    Trust him. He's a doctor.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Board is very philosophical today.

Thread Information