Pelicans Report

Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1634

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter
    Center Greg Oden probably won’t decide among the Heat and five other teams until this weekend, agent Mike Conley Sr. said Tuesday, adding that formal offers haven’t been made yet. He said the Heat has seen “all it needs to see” from a medical standpoint and that Oden won’t necessarily take the highest offer. But asked if a Heat offer at the $1 million minimum would be good enough, Conley said he was not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Keep pushing back the date....lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    so just reading the quoted part in the post... seems to indicate Heat is in the lead by a nose... but Conley wants them to bump up the price a bit
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Oden's act is getting old.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm to the point where I really don't even care if he signs with us. Just be done with this already.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    The situation has been the same for a while. All things being equal, Greg would go to the Heat. But all things are not equal. The Pelicans are offerring more money. They are going to hold out as long as they can to get the Heat to raise their offer. A move that is just a waste of time. Then he'll have to choose. And I would be shocked if he left money on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    The situation has been the same for a while. All things being equal, Greg would go to the Heat. But all things are not equal. The Pelicans are offerring more money. They are going to hold out as long as they can to get the Heat to raise their offer. A move that is just a waste of time. Then he'll have to choose. And I would be shocked if he left money on the table.
    ...and on the 44th page, spaniard rested

it just feels like a lot longer than it's been. We've probably been in the picture for about a week & a half. We take longer to choose between two refrigerators than that, give the guy some time

OK guys I'm at the point now where I don't even care. The decision can't possibly be t his hard to make, and now I'm thinking they're waiting for Miami to add in a few dollars, and if they don't, he'll choose MIA anyway.

Time to focus on the guys we got.

Funny is that some of you want Oden but cry NO over Granger. Just sayin.

He's obviously preferring to go to the heat and want them to up the offer. Cause if there is nothing else to see like he stated then it doesn't take this long to decide. It's obvious he wants more $ from Miami. I really hope you guys don't get disappointed if he doesn't sign here. This move is not a back breaker by any means. Actually it very well can wind up meaning jack squat. The % of this guy being able to contribute and continue his career is probably in the high teens to low 20s. Of course I'm no md but odds are stacked against him big time. We will be as good as we are gonna be without him.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Funny is that some of you want Oden but cry NO over Granger. Just sayin.
    How is that even relevant? To get Granger, we have to give up Gordon, who while both are injury prone, Gordon is 23, Granger is 30. How does this even compare? We don't have to give up anything to get Oden.....
    Hornets fan by Birth, was attending games at 9, in 1988 when they were born. Hornets fan even when they moved. Pelicans fan die hard, Bobcats/Hornets homer.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    it just feels like a lot longer than it's been. We've probably been in the picture for about a week & a half. We take longer to choose between two refrigerators than that, give the guy some time
    We have been in the picture publicly for over 2 weeks. Therefore, it is likely longer than that.

I'm done, I don't even care if he signs with us or with others. Anyway, I'm contented with what we have right now on our front court.

yeah, this situation has just been a waste of time as I doubt he will be a Pelican.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

There's no other reason for him to still be "making his decision" other than he's waiting for MIA to offer more $.

Did anybody read the part where it said teams haven't even made formal offers yet before bashing Oden for not making a decision?

Normally, companies have to offer you a job before you can choose one
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Did anybody read the part where it said teams haven't even made formal offers yet before bashing Oden for not making a decision?

Lol. That's what I was laughing at earlier

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    FORMAL OFFERS meaning paperwork. I would be very surprised if Demps as not either flat out said or alluded to "hey you will get 3mil/year here".

The devil is in the details sir. Lol.

Okay, so lets get frustrated with a young man not making a decision on several non formal offers as he tries to resurrect his career because it is not fast enough for our liking.

Honestly, it is not holding up anything else and camp isn't for another 6 plus weeks, so what does it matter if he agrees on July 28th or August 11th?

Okay, so lets get frustrated with a young man not making a decision on several non formal offers as he tries to resurrect his career because it is not fast enough for our liking.

Honestly, it is not holding up anything else and camp isn't for another 6 plus weeks, so what does it matter if he agrees on July 28th or August 11th?
    we want to get back to talking solely football

Michael, THANK YOU for some reasoning. Read the whole article people. You guys have got have some patience. Just read an article on Bleacher Report that says Oden is down to Pelicans, and Heat. Would love to have him at 3 million a year for 2 years. When he was healthy he put up solid numbers. I think he would be a great addition to the team.

This same agent said a while back that he has talked offers with teams, some in general terms and some much more specific. It appears he is playing with words (i.e. "formal") as he awaits a specific offer.

If this were holding us up from other moves, I could understand the frustration. But if Oden passes, there really are just minimum players left. He can take as long as he wants as far as I am concerned.

Thread Information