Pelicans Report

Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1634

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Thinking about how we would theoretically go small with our current team make up. Jrue, Gordon, Reke, Anderson, Davis?
    Not saying I am a fan of this but we could go Jrue-Gordon-Evans-Aminu-Ryno

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This. When the Heat go small you lose, unless your team is comprised of Westbrook, Rose, Durant, Gay, and Kobe.

I love the move the Pacers made as it adds one more big to their lineup forcing the Heat to play big.
    Scola replaces "Psycho T" in the lineup... and upgrades the backup 4. DWest used to always almost fight Scola lol that's gonna be an interesting dynamic in Indy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar

Obstacles abound for Oden return

He hasn't played in an NBA game in almost four years. He's had five surgeries on his knees, including three dreaded mircofracture procedures. He's not in great shape and he's not even playing five-on-five, at least publicly.

And yet teams just can't help themselves. There's no "if" when it comes to Greg Oden's return to the NBA. It's "when," and that very well could be this week, according to sources.

After hosting several teams for workouts in Indianapolis last week, Oden, now 25 years old, is closing in on picking one of the several teams lining up to sign him, including the two that met in June's NBA Finals, the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs, and other possible playoff teams such as the restructured and re-named New Orleans Pelicans.

"Whenever you see somebody that big move well you can't help but get excited about what he could be," said one team official who has been tracking Oden.

"He needs to get in better shape but that will come," said a coach who attended a recent workout. "He does look pretty good."

"He's not that far off microfracture [surgery]," a team executive said in regard to Oden, who last had the procedure in Februrary 2012. "He still has a way to go to getting his knee where it needs to be, but there are possibilities."

Oden certainly has the talent. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft, Oden has averaged 9.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 82 career games. In 21 games in 2009-10, he produced a player efficiency rating (PER) of 23.14, the eighth-best mark in the NBA.

But no player has ever been able to come back after the kind knee trauma he has endured in his six-year career. Most likely because they would have given up by now.
    The Heat have financial concerns, as evidenced by the recent release of Mike Miller to save on luxury-tax payments. They have their $3.2 million mid-level exception available, but, including tax penalties, using all of it would cost around $10 million. They likely would much prefer offering Oden a minimum contract at about $1 million and have developed quite a reputation of getting free agents to accept less.

But other teams such as the Spurs, Pelicans, Atlanta Hawks and Sacramento Kings have portions of their various mid-level exceptions available to use on Oden that could pay him significantly more than the minimum.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95...eg-oden-return

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    If it came with a signed Greg Oden contract though, we'd either get a very happy bear or a bear that destroys the entire campsite in search of that one picnic basket.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

If he accepts a 1 year million dollar offer from MIA... we'll know why he chose them.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    If he accepts a 1 year million dollar offer from MIA... we'll know why he chose them.
    If he does I'm worried some around here will start taking hostages

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Which is completely understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Which is completely understandable.
    Wouldn't be mad at all.

But HornetGuru says he's signing w/ the Heat.

/Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    apparently he doesn't get many memos... like us becoming NOP... the New Orleans Pelicans
    https://mobile.twitter.com/daldridgetnt

I gave him the business and he responded lol. 2nd tweet down to chris5041983

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post

Damn KCLAY

(Clicks follow)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    The thing about Greg Oden if he even signs with us, there is a high possibity he'll get hurt again and how much of difference would that be from us not getting him in the first place? With him you gotta hope for the best but there is history that can't be ignored.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post

damn dude, we gotta get your followers up. I followed. Maverick91579
    Hornets fan by Birth, was attending games at 9, in 1988 when they were born. Hornets fan even when they moved. Pelicans fan die hard, Bobcats/Hornets homer.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    But HornetGuru says he's signing w/ the Heat.

/Thread
    no i didnt, just posting a thread i saw on another website.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    The thing about Greg Oden if he even signs with us, there is a high possibity he'll get hurt again and how much of difference would that be from us not getting him in the first place? With him you gotta hope for the best but there is history that can't be ignored.
    But why not take a chance on such a talent when we really have nothing to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Yeah, we have to manage our expectations with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by maverick91579 View Post
    damn dude, we gotta get your followers up. I followed. Maverick91579
    Yea I don't be on twitter too much. Will go on to catch some breaking news or sumn but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    no i didnt, just posting a thread i saw on another website.
    Very misleading thread title though, u made it seem almost like their was a Legit source on it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I nailed it before with Evans signing by the 80th page of that thread. Let's see if I can hit it twice.

We'll know by page 51 who Oden signs with.

This has been a looooooooooong month.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This has been a looooooooooong month.
    Can't say it hasn't been exciting though!

Thread Information