Pelicans Report

Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just prepare for the best and worst at the same time. It usually involves almost pretending the worst will happen. So you can be pleasantly surprised or solemnly correct.

Either way.

I don't care. I do know I'd rather him go to another team if not us than Miami.

Figured it would come down to us and heat the heat anyway. I just hope we don't get all the nonsense and ridiculous over board threads and comments if he picks the heat. We will be just fine with or without him. This is not make or break move by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Just prepare for the best and worst at the same time. It usually involves almost pretending the worst will happen. So you can be pleasantly surprised or solemnly correct.

Either way.

I don't care. I do know I'd rather him go to another team if not us than Miami.
    Exactly this..I hate the Heat with a passion, and especially Lebron after "The Decision". He didn't earn his rings, the heat pretty much bought them. I really hope Oden is better than that and realize that the Pelicans are a real opportunity and a growing organization.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    I'm getting way too excited about signing Greg Oden, this is ridiculous.

ditto. this is becoming an irrational obsession.. it needs to end soon.

hopefully with oden putting on a pelicans jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Apart from the fact both he and gordon are injury prone what do you mean with similar personalities? He's a whiner who won't play to his best nor give a 100% effort night in and night out if he feels grumpy?
    even if you truly believe this... I really think EJ's got to love the fact that Dell has brought in 2 of his friends from the past to help push this team to the next level... Jrue and Tyreke

I would think if Gordon really didn't give 100% each and every night (fwiw I believe he did give it his all)... he will with 2 of his old buddies standing next to him... make it 3 if Oden does decide to join us
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    ditto. this is becoming an irrational obsession.. it needs to end soon.

hopefully with oden putting on a pelicans jersey
    press goes to Aug. 1 presser... Oden sitting at a table w/ a Pelicans hat on it... he signs his contract w/ NOLA... then reaches under the table and grabs a Pelicans jersey and puts it on... then out come Jrue, EJ & AD in the uniforms
    Last edited by rt0307; 07-28-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Even if Oden doesn't choose the pelicans, this story would still be a good thing for the franchise. With this story, the Morrow/Stiesma signings, the trade for Holiday and Evans, the summer league, the USAB camp, the pelicans were all over the place the last month. On the PR side it's perfect, media are accustomed to the new name, so hopefully less "New Orleans Hornets" mistakes, and the fans are excited with this new dynamic. Good start for a "new" franchise.

I like the Oden's potential signing because it could turn this team into something truely special. Even if he plays around 15 min per game, his impact would be tremendous. The defensive upside of a team with Holiday/Gordon/Aminu/Davis/Oden and Monty as head coach is just insane. Every opponents would fear this team. With Stiesma and Withey as injury insurance, this is a good risk to take.

I've said it once before... signing with us makes all the sense in the world for Oden.

(I think) we can offer more money.
    More years (word is we're the only team willing to offer multi-year deal).
    We have a front office that will bring him along slowly and allow him to get healthy (evident with how they have managed Gordon).
    He won't be "in the spotlight".
    He'll have a chance to grow with this young team.

If he signs with MIA he's chasing a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    Even if Oden doesn't choose the pelicans, this story would still be a good thing for the franchise. With this story, the Morrow/Stiesma signings, the trade for Holiday and Evans, the summer league, the USAB camp, the pelicans were all over the place the last month. On the PR side it's perfect, media are accustomed to the new name, so hopefully less "New Orleans Hornets" mistakes, and the fans are excited with this new dynamic. Good start for a "new" franchise.

I like the Oden's potential signing because it could turn this team into something truely special. Even if he plays around 15 min per game, his impact would be tremendous. The defensive upside of a team with Holiday/Gordon/Aminu/Davis/Oden and Monty as head coach is just insane. Every opponents would fear this team. With Stiesma and Withey as injury insurance, this is a good risk to take.
    We've honestly got more coverage this off-season than the past 2 seasons combined by the national media... love it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Another battle between Miami and New Orleans over a high level talent coming off an injury.

Hopefully New Orleans wins this one again.

This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

Man that Blazers team coulda been a dynasty... such a tough break for a franchise who needed a breakthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaveli View Post

Yeah it could just be that he prefers Miami and is using us to leverage a better deal out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaveli View Post

Hmm so if the heat offer just as much money he'll go there. Using NO's offer to drive up his price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Another battle between Miami and New Orleans over a high level talent coming off an injury.

This made me smile, IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Hmm so if the heat offer just as much money he'll go there. Using NO's offer to drive up his price.
    Or it could just be a Heat writer assuming no one would pass up his beloved Miami Heat for the same money

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post

Maybe both Drew and Jrue can make a call.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Yeah it could just be that he prefers Miami and is using us to leverage a better deal out of them.
    this was my one fear about things dragging out....it gives the one who is behind the opportunity to catch up....and I am still hoping that we get the last say....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Yeah I wouldn't look too much into what Ira said, with him being a Heat writer. My belief is that money isn't what is most important to him at all. I believe based on several factors that are the most important to him us and the Heat are about even with maybe one of us a little in front. And as a tie-breaker money could make the final decision, and that is where we will move ahead of the Heat. If they matched what we offered it may move him towards the Heat, but it might just make things even again. Personally, I think we get him.
    Last edited by RekeHavoc; 07-28-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	700.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	5247
    SIGN A SF

who cares what the obviously bias heat writer has to say lol.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post

We need to get Oden one of Batman's knee braces.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post

Thats messed up

It's nice to see that we attract him ! He just needs to take right decision and sign with us !
    I don't want to speculate too much, I'll be waiting patiently and saving my joy or my disappointment for later !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I like our roster a good bit without him, so I won't be really affected if he doesn't sign. I'd be (cautiously) excited if he did though.
    @DanielVeuleman

Thread Information