Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    maybe not unbelievable, but this comment certainly didn't add much value to the thread.....
    it was a joke honestly. I just posted in another thread about how I believe that Gordon will stay healthy now that he has friends. At this point, this has become a joke thread to me. I just wish it would make its conclusion. All of its funny. Oden is lebrons dad, and injury prone, and so is EJ. lol. fun times.
    Hornets fan by Birth, was attending games at 9, in 1988 when they were born. Hornets fan even when they moved. Pelicans fan die hard, Bobcats/Hornets homer.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick91579 View Post
    it was a joke honestly. I just posted in another thread about how I believe that Gordon will stay healthy now that he has friends. At this point, this has become a joke thread to me. I just wish it would make its conclusion. All of its funny. Oden is lebrons dad, and injury prone, and so is EJ. lol. fun times.
    oh, ok....sorry to take it a little too seriously

we have so much invested in Gordon.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375032216.954258.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	5237

Sent via Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    oh, ok....sorry to take it a little too seriously

we have so much invested in Gordon.....
    I absolutely loved Gordon as the centerpiece of the trade. What I don't like, is his attitude. Cant stand it. No matter how bad things were with Chris Paul, he played his guts out every night. Same with David West. Eddie Jones didn't want to come to Charlotte, he gave his all every night. Glen Rice didn't want to, he gave his best every night. I lose quite a bit of respect very quickly for guys who don't give their all when they are being payed to play a game. It sickens me. I do hope for the Pelicans, that he gives everything he has for this franchise this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post

Well I guess the obvious conclusion at this point is money is the main concern and his agent is playing the long game and trying to parse the best deal for Oden. Secondly he seemingly prizes a quality medical staff.

So the obvious direction this thread should go, and I wish I had the answer, is:

1.) Who can offer the most money to Oden?

2.) Who seemingly will part with the most money to sign Oden?

3.) Which organizations have the best claims to competent medical staffs and an organizational structure that values the health of their players?

I can only comment on number 3. To which I feel like we can easily make a convincing case that we don't push our players through injury and are willing to bring them back slow and easy. As to the competence of our medical staff thats more ambiguous and I really have no basis of comparison to speak of.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-28-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375032216.954258.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	5237

Sent via Tapatalk
    got your back!

pros of him getting lean... less pressure on his knees. con of him getting lean... we'd get more out of the bigger frame on this team

pros of him getting lean... less pressure on his knees. con of him getting lean... we'd get more out of the bigger frame on this team
    Well in defense of a more lean Oden, Tyson Chandler, one of the best defensive centers in the league, is a pretty skinny dude for his height.

If his bio is to be believed, he'd have to of lost 40-45 lbs to equal Chandlers weight of around 240. 20lbs to match Howard's 265, 25 lbs to match Hibbert and 10-15 lbs to match Marc Gasol's. Oden was a big dude when he came into the league. Even leaner I'd imagine he'd still be one of the bigger centers in the league, weight wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave View Post
    embedded

How much can we offer? How much can the heat offer? If its between us two I'm guessing he settles on the better offer.

I told you guys. Spurs made no sense. It is a coin flip now...

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Meh, he will just go to the Heat. (I hope I'm wrong)

I really think it's going to be us...

1) Oden doesn't seem like a guy looking to take the easy way out. Guy had been humbled and will show he wants to work hard at this

2) The idea of playing alongside Davis to form one hell of a defensive tandem

3) The young core, guys who will be around for years to come. LeBron could leave after next year, Oden won't change that

4) Friends, grew up with Gordon, played against Jrue & Tyreke as a kid

5) Monty - a very humble, soft spoken, hard worker just like Oden. Also, past relationship

6) I think the media just feeds the idea that no one would pass up the Heat

7) The fans who will stick by your side win or lose

8) A fresh start as an organization and a fresh start to his career

9) Past big man "projects" in Miami... Eddie Curry, Dexter Pittman... really panned out well...

10) I can keep going
    Last edited by AD23nEG10; 07-28-2013 at 01:38 PM.

I really think it's going to be us...

1) Oden doesn't seem like a guy looking to take the easy way out. Guy had been humbled and will show he wants to work hard at this

2) The idea of playing alongside Davis to form one hell of a defensive tandem

3) The young core, guys who will be around for years to come. LeBron could leave after next year, Oden won't change that

4) Friends, grew up with Gordon, played against Jrue & Tyreke as a kid

5) Monty - a very humble, soft spoken, hard worker just like Oden. Also, past relationship

6) I think the media just feeds the idea that no one would pass up the Heat

7) The fans who will stick by your side win or lose

8) A fresh start as an organization and a fresh start to his career

9) I can keep going
    Yep. The media made him out to be a glory hunter... I'm not getting that vibe at all.

I'm getting way too excited about signing Greg Oden, this is ridiculous.

Spears just put that tweet out and #gregoden is going wild. LOL.

10) I can keep going
    By all means, please do.

Send him the finest that Bourbon St. can offer

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Oden played on the same AAU team as EG and they're both very much alike. I don't see how he dosent come here. All these guys have similar personalities. The comfort is there all it comes down to if he really cares about winning a ring so badly or just playing basketball for some time longer. Makes too much sense to come here, but I wouldn't be surprised if he still goes too Miami.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    quite honestly, the longer this goes on, the more I like our chances.....I think its a credit to the organization that we are even in this thing....

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Oden played on the same AAU team as EG and they're both very much alike. I don't see how he dosent come here. All these guys have similar personalities. The comfort is there all it comes down to if he really cares about winning a ring so badly or just playing basketball for some time longer. Makes too much sense to come here, but I wouldn't be surprised if he still goes too Miami.
    Apart from the fact both he and gordon are injury prone what do you mean with similar personalities? He's a whiner who won't play to his best nor give a 100% effort night in and night out if he feels grumpy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Apart from the fact both he and gordon are injury prone what do you mean with similar personalities? He's a whiner who won't play to his best nor give a 100% effort night in and night out if he feels grumpy?
    smh

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    ....they both are soft spoken, shy and don't really like social interaction/media interviews. Eh something like that.

I don't want to get excited about Greg Oden. I really don't, but then Spears tweets and now I'm a bit excited.

Thread Information