Pelicans Report

Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

This was posted on Reddit yesterday, from a Chillis in Indy http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...hilis_in_indy/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bMjbUYn.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	5204  

Spo really going all out to impress Greg Oden. If it were me I would've taken him to St. Elmo's.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    He hasn't played since his last surgery either......
    .... uh yea
    Another good point....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Yeah sucks that Monty won't be able to meet with him before he makes his decision. In all honesty no bias, Miami is not the best choice for Greg. If he wants to win a ring in a suit on the bench because he is injured then go for it, but if he actually wants to play basketball and contribute while winning some games, us or the Spurs is the best choice. Both teams have enough depth to where he can come along slowly and out of the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Yeah sucks that Monty won't be able to meet with him before he makes his decision. In all honesty no bias, Miami is not the best choice for Greg. If he wants to win a ring in a suit on the bench because he is injured then go for it, but if he actually wants to play basketball and win some game, us or the Spurs is the best choice. Both teams have enough depth to where he can come along slowly and out of the spotlight.
    I thought I read that the Pelicans would meet face to face with him in Vegas tomorrow. Couldn't Monty be at that meeting? I hope so. He needs to carve out time for Pelicans' matters.

Yeah sucks that Monty won't be able to meet with him before he makes his decision. In all honesty no bias, Miami is not the best choice for Greg. If he wants to win a ring in a suit on the bench because he is injured then go for it, but if he actually wants to play basketball and win some game, us or the Spurs is the best choice. Both teams have enough depth to where he can come along slowly and out of the spotlight.
    He won't? Isn't Greg going to Vegas this week? He won't get a chance to talk to Monty?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    He won't? Isn't Greg going to Vegas this week? He won't get a chance to talk to Monty?
    I thought I read there was a scheduling conflict with Team USA stuff?

If I am not mistaken its Thursday. I hope we land him; it seems he managed to stay in pretty good shape despite being Lebron's father.

I thought I read there was a scheduling conflict with Team USA stuff?
    If so, shame on Monty for not finding a way or a time to meet with him when he is in the same city. His needs to make time for his own team/employer.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If so, shame on Monty for not finding a way or a time to meet with him when he is in the same city. His needs to make time for his own team/employer.
    Well hold on now I am trying to look for the article or whatnot. May have misunderstood.

Well hold on now I am trying to look for the article or whatnot. May have misunderstood.

Sources told ESPN that Oden will put his skills on display again Thursday for Atlanta Hawks officials before sitting down for his long-anticipated private meeting with the Pelicans later this week in Las Vegas.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95...gs-sources-say

I can't imagine Monty not being in on that meeting while they're in the same city. The scrimmage is Thursday so I wouldn't be surprised if the meeting is Friday.

Only info I can find is Oden is in Indy, will mean with Hawks tomorrow and us later on in the week.

I can't imagine Monty not being in on that meeting while they're in the same city.
    I think i saw a quote where Monty wont be able to attend the Oden meeting because the USA basketball obligations are taking up about 8-10 hours a day for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    I think i saw a quote where Monty wont be able to attend the Oden meeting because the USA basketball obligations are taking up about 8-10 hours a day for him.
    I understand him not being able to meet with Oden if it were in another city but in the same city? I don't know. Of course Monty wasn't able to sit in on the workout in Indy but why does Greg even need to go to Vegas? Couldn't he have just had this 'long anticipated' meeting with the Pelicans officials after the workout in Indy? I don't know though.

I understand him not being able to meet with Oden if it were in another city but in the same city? I don't know. Of course Monty wasn't able to sit in on the workout in Indy but why does Greg even need to go to Vegas? He could've had this 'long anticipated' meeting with the Pelicans officials after the workout in Indy. I don't know though.
    Ah you're probably right. The quote i saw was about him not attending the work out. My bad.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...represent.html

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    If I am not mistaken its Thursday. I hope we land him; it seems he managed to stay in pretty good shape despite being Lebron's father.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    [QUOTE=FlyGirl;1133283]He won't? Isn't Greg going to Vegas this week? He won't get a chance to talk to Monty?[/QUOTany

any timing issues will be resolved....there is absolutely no way that Williams won't be involved....

[QUOTE=ramsters60;1133358]
    He won't? Isn't Greg going to Vegas this week? He won't get a chance to talk to Monty?[/QUOTany

any timing issues will be resolved....there is absolutely no way that Williams won't be involved....
    I have to agree. Monty has to have lunch or dinner sometime. They could meet then if needed.

Marc Spears on Greg Oden..

He said he talked with one scout that was there at the 2hr workout and he's not convinced that it was a glowing performance because the scout said "I wish him the best". He kept pushing the guy for more info but didn't get any.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/greg-o...053218399.html

hmmmmmmm

He said he talked with one scout that was there at the 2hr workout and he's not convinced that it was a glowing performance because the scout said "I wish him the best". He kept pushing the guy for more info but didn't get any.

This could explain the Spurs sudden interest in Mozgov

This is why I think we are the best choice for him at this time in his career. I honestly believe if Oden truly believes he is good to go and can play his career out. He chooses us. If he truly knows deep down its Brandon Roy all over again. Miami is the choice for the ring. Time will tell.

if the meeting is vegas i think Monty DEFINITELY attends and it wouldnt surprise me if Davis,Jrue and Ryan Anderson help in the recruitment. theyre all in Vegas

What I want to know is why Oden is coming to Vegas to "privately" meet with the
    Pelicans? If we are so interested in him you would think we would be doing the chasing.
    Seems to me Oden is very interested in New Orleans or knows that Monty can't meet elsewhere.
    Either way Monty will be there and he will make the difference.

Not sure if it was said yet in the thread, but an ESPN insider article says the Heat and Pelicans are now the favorites. So looks like we replaced the Spurs as a favorite. Hope this is the case and for some reason I think he will come to NOLA!

Thread Information