Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

Greg Oden will sign with the New Orleans Pelicans IMO - Monty Williams will close the deal.

Sources told ESPN that Oden will put his skills on display again Thursday for Atlanta Hawks officials before sitting down for his long-anticipated private meeting with the Pelicans later this week in Las Vegas.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95...gs-sources-say
    Last edited by Nola7; 07-23-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    YOU PLAYING BASKETBALL IN PELICAN BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What?

Oh. Got mixed up. Thought that was a link that said Oden was signing with us.

Very misleading structuring with the post.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I'm just saying, actions speak louder than words. You don't fly out to Vegas just to show face. If all he cared about was being on the Heat, he would have signed a minimum deal already and not been talking to 7 teams. If we give him the right deal, we have a great shot to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Na folks just need to relax and read it is only my opinion. Based on us having the last meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I agree with this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Nola7 View Post
    Na folks just need to relax and read it is only my opinion. Based on us having the last meeting.
    The thing is it looked like it was apart of the article so most of us went through the article expecting to see that, but good work with the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pelican Fan View Post
    The thing is it looks like its apart of the article so most of us went through the article expecting to see that.
    Monty will close the deal - private meeting with Pelicans later this week lol... Not very hard to understand also mentions Atlanta workout in the post . It's exciting I know but it's clearly just my opinion.

***Please keep the discussion on topic***

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Sounds like Oden killed it.

Oden reportedly looked "great" in front of a handful of teams and is expected to make a final decision shortly.

It's tough to imagine the past few years going any worse for Greg Oden, who has played all of 82 games since going No. 1 overall in the 2007 Draft. After countless injuries and surgeries, the 7-footer is trying to resurrect his career one final time.

As expected, Oden worked out for a handful of teams in Indianapolis Tuesday and looked great, according to one report. It's unclear just how hard he was pushing it during the workout and what kind of basketball drills he was able to successfully do.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/2...oden-gary-neal

I don't care much who he chooses, I just want the guy to play. I feel sorry for him.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    I don't care much who he chooses, I just want the guy to play. I feel sorry for him.
    I feel the same way. I would like for it to be here, but I really am just rooting for the guy no matter what. Some things are bigger than basketball and the guy has had a rough life.
    @DanielVeuleman

A rough life making 23 million. LOL. No but seriously, I'm sure the guy just wants to be healthy so he can play basketball somewhere. I know he had gotten kind of down and started drinking and what not so hopefully things will start to look up for him and he can just play ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Let him go to Miami. We should focus on the health of Eric Gordon. So far he has gone through the summer without a surgery.
    Didn't he get ankle surgery though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Some things are bigger than basketball and the guy has had a rough life.
    I don't know a lot about his life.
    What has made his life rough?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    The media has been pushing Oden to Miami for a year now. It's much more exciting for them to talk about Oden in Miami than Oden in NO. Let's just take a step back and let it all play out. We'll know next week. For what it's worth, everything I've read about Oden points to him signing with us, because we offer that comfortability factor (between his familiarity with Monty, our small market team, low media pressure, low expectations this season, and our proven willingness to work with injury prone players - see Gordon), and that's #1 on his list right now. I think we stand a very good chance to sign him, all homerism aside.
    +1

IF he signs with us, we basically got our Block Party that lasted 4 minutes back!!!

dude was an alcoholic, cause of close friend dying or something like that. i remember reading something about it was like 1 or 2 years ago

It's gonna be interesting seeing the reaction of those here whether he signs or not:

1.) If he signs - "Oden and AD will be a great duo and we'll have a block party for years to come!"

2.) If he chooses another team - "Hope he blows out both knees again."

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
    It's gonna be interesting seeing the reaction of those here whether he signs or not:

1.) If he signs - "Oden and AD will be a great duo and we'll have a block party for years to come!"

I sure hope not. That would be terrible to hope for with any player. I don't expect much of anything out of Oden no matter who he signs for.

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post

Human nature... I wish the kid well wherever he goes. But yes there will be some venom (from the masses) if he doesn't sign here, and other fan bases (that are in the hunt for his services) will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Didn't he get ankle surgery though?
    Sure, but he hasn't had any surgeries since his last surgery.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Sure, but he hasn't had any surgeries since his last surgery.
    Good point....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

He hasn't played since his last surgery either......
    .... uh yea

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Human nature... I wish the kid well wherever he goes. But yes there will be some venom (from the masses) if he doesn't sign here, and other fan bases (that are in the hunt for his services) will do the same.
    This phenomenon is termed, "Schadenfreude," which is a German word that literally translates to "Damage-Joy" or "Fail-Joy." It implies you take pleasure in seeing someone fail. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Thread Information