Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

speaking of going forward can u think of any young PG u want going into the future besides rose, westbrook, irving, curry?

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    speaking of going forward can u think of any young PG u want going into the future besides rose, westbrook, irving, curry?
    Jrue, Wall and Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    Jrue, Wall and Lillard
    jrue and wall are right around the same but ill give jrue the edge just because of defense but honestly i think they are the same and would be happy with either but i have heard wall has a terrible attitude , as far as lillard and jrue im taking jrue every time and its not close. jrue scores just as well, is a better passer, rebounder, and much much much better defender

Back to the original topic:

Out of all the teams in the Oden race, which teams can offer him more than 1 year?

oden would be a great addition

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Out of all the teams in the Oden race, which teams can offer him more than 1 year?
    Heat won't because of all their expiring contract next season, Chalmers Battier Lewis Allen Jones then Haslem and Anthony have a player option, and then Bosh Wade and James all have an early termination option... They'll need some room to sign role players.

but Spurs can since they re-signed Manu for 2 years, I bet they project to end this era in 2015 so offer a 2 year deal to Oden is possible.

I think the better question is... is Oden chasing a ring? If he's chasing a ring, then the number of years on his contract doesn't matter.

But to answer your question I think we're the only team that's willing to give him a "more than one year" deal.

All-Star
    I forgot to mention the Spurs already signed Pendergraff and Belinelli both for 2 years with the MLE and spent about 5M for them. They might offer multi year deal to Oden but I dont know where they found 3M to match our offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I think the better question is... is Oden chasing a ring? If he's chasing a ring, then the number of years on his contract doesn't matter.

But to answer your question I think we're the only team that's willing to give him a "more than one year" deal.
    I don't get guys chasing rings when they have other options that would mean a bigger role on a team. I get that if it's the only option that you would do it. But winning a ring playing like no minutes is, I would think, embarrassing for a someone who considers themselves a top player. Seriously, it's pretty meaningless to win a ring on the hard work of others, and a cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amakhosi002 View Post
    I don't get guys chasing rings when they have other options that would mean a bigger role on a team. I get that if it's the only option that you would do it. But winning a ring playing like no minutes is, I would think, embarrassing for a someone who considers themselves a top player. Seriously, it's pretty meaningless to win a ring on the hard work of others, and a cop out.
    I agree... but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Amakhosi002 View Post
    Do you really think that Oden wouldn't get minutes on the Heat team? I think he would start if he's healthy. That'll send Bosh to the 4 and UD back to the bench where he belongs. In Miami, Oden would be chasing a ring and contributing. The Heat want him for one series, Indiana. That'll be where he earns his money. If you had the choice to contribute on a championship team or the Pels, what would you choose? I think the Pels are a better fit long term and offer him the best opportunity for multiple playoff/championship runs but in the short term, Miami would give him the best of both worlds. With that said, I really hope he looks at the big picture and comes to New Orleans

Uh, Jrue? Who besides Irving, is younger than all of them, and bigger than all of them except westbrook.
    Hornets fan by Birth, was attending games at 9, in 1988 when they were born. Hornets fan even when they moved. Pelicans fan die hard, Bobcats/Hornets homer.

Pelicans

jrue and wall are right around the same but ill give jrue the edge just because of defense but honestly i think they are the same and would be happy with either but i have heard wall has a terrible attitude , as far as lillard and jrue im taking jrue every time and its not close. jrue scores just as well, is a better passer, rebounder, and much much much better defender
    I honestly think Wall is just not taking things seriously. He's not the most mature player, but he plays defense pretty well considering he doesn't give it his all. Short of Russell Westbrook, Wall is the quickest player in the league. One-on-one, he's unguardable.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphree View Post
    I honestly think Wall is just not taking things seriously. He's not the most mature player, but he plays defense pretty well considering he doesn't give it his all. Short of Russell Westbrook, Wall is the quickest player in the league. One-on-one, he's unguardable.
    Wall's just been hurt. Go look at Washington's record last year with Wall.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Agreed. Let's keep this thread on topic.

This is taking too long, the suspense is killing me. It feels like we already have Oden locked up in the bag but for some reason I'm not feeling that anymore since its forever and will
    Probably drag out for another month.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    This is taking too long, the suspense is killing me. It feels like we already have Oden locked up in the bag but for some reason I'm not feeling that anymore since its forever and will
    And we have not even met with him yet.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Is there an exact date set up or just informal "We'll meet up when I get the time"? Don't have high hopes but the thought of having Oden for 15-20 minutes a game is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    A player with his injury history is not going to be signed quick. I imagine any team that signs him will be doing extensive medical exams.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    And we have not even met with him yet.
    It could be that Dell and Mickey have told Greg, "Look we want you one our team. Go out and talk to other teams and bring us their best offer and we'll beat it." Knowing no one os going to break the bank for him, but showing him he's getting the best possible deal from us.

Marcus Camby is deciding between the Bulls, Heat and Rockets. If he ends up in Miami, does that make it tougher for them to bring in Oden as well?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-and-rockets/

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    A player with his injury history is not going to be signed quick. I imagine any team that signs him will be doing extensive medical exams.
    His agent already said it's going to take teams weeks to go through his medical records.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    His agent already said it's going to take teams weeks to go through his medical records.
    Right but that plus the physical should all be done after the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Wall's just been hurt. Go look at Washington's record last year with Wall.
    Exactly. Wall is a bro whether you like him or not. He is underrated because he disapointed the media in his first campaign, but I can definately see him becoming a dominant player. As for Oden... Every day you choose not to sign with the New Orleans Pelicans, I will sever one of my fingers. Please- do the right thing Greg... Don't make me suffer any more than need be

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Right but that plus the physical should all be done after the signing.
    Examining his medical records better not be done after the signing. That's how you assess the risk and determine how much and how long you're willing to offer.

Thread Information