Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans to meet with Oden {EDIT-Oden chooses Miami,P.61}

That lineup is pure sex

Quote Originally Posted by SnowofSX2 View Post
    I don't either people are just putting the best 5 out there it seems like. If we signed Oden it'd be
    Holliday
    Gordon
    Aminu
    Davis
    Smith
    With Oden and Evans coming off the bench. Only way Oden starts if he proves he's healthy enough to play now. I think he should be eased into the lineup like how we did Gordon
    I would hope Oden would eventually start. Not starter minutes, but like Schwann said, someone to play the Lopez roll.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    I would hope Oden would eventually start. Not starter minutes, but like Schwann said, someone to play the Lopez roll.
    I hope so too! Really hope he signs with us
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    That lineup is pure sex
    You can say that again.

I don't either people are just putting the best 5 out there it seems like. If we signed Oden it'd be
    Holliday
    Gordon
    Aminu
    Davis
    Smith
    With Oden and Evans coming off the bench. Only way Oden starts if he proves he's healthy enough to play now. I think he should be eased into the lineup like how we did Gordon
    I really don't want him to start because we need somebody that can drive and finish or dish to Ryno in the second unit. Rivers would be another good option to drive and dish with Ryno but I don't feel comfortable with him yet to put it all on him. As far as Oden, I would like to bring him along slowly and only play him 15 minutes a game or maybe even 20 if all goes well. But I like Holiday, Gordon, Aminu, Davis, and Smith starting with Evans, Rivers, Ryno, and Oden coming off the bench. To me that seems assuming everybody stays healthy is a top 5 team in the Western Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I really don't want him to start because we need somebody that can drive and finish or dish to Ryno in the second unit. Rivers would be another good option to drive and dish with Ryno but I don't feel comfortable with him yet to put it all on him. As far as Oden, I would like to bring him along slowly and only play him 15 minutes a game or maybe even 20 if all goes well. But I like Holiday, Gordon, Aminu, Davis, and Smith starting with Evans, Rivers, Ryno, and Oden coming off the bench. To me that seems assuming everybody stays healthy is a top 5 team in the Western Conference.
    Top 5? I think you had a typo. You mean #1!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Sill domt see evans starting at SF
    Why? If Jrue Holiday brings the ball up, what is Evans doing that Gordon isn't doing? Does Evans have to shoot 3s more cuz he's a SF?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why? If Jrue Holiday brings the ball up, what is Evans doing that Gordon isn't doing? Does Evans have to shoot 3s more cuz he's a SF?
    Coach said he wants to bring him in as a super sub like Manu. Plus we need bench depth

What is the % that oden signs with pelicans or are we just daydreaming ?
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaveli View Post
    I think it's higher than people think because Oden and Monty already have a relationship. He also doesn't want to be in the lime light at all. Another thing is he wants a team to be patient with him and we've already shown to be patient with a player (Gordon). I think it's possible

33% us, 33% Heat, and 33% SA.

Technically 33% but I say more like 50

Has he met up with us yet? Has he met up with any other teams? I think I heard he met with the Mavs and Kings already? Wonder when he'll announce where he wants to go

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Coach said he wants to bring him in as a super sub like Manu. Plus we need bench depth
    Let's say he plays Evans with Rivers, Aminu, Ryno, and Withey.

Does it really matter if Rivers brings the ball up most of the time if Aminu gets called the SF or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Let's say he plays Evans with Rivers, Aminu, Ryno, and Withey.

Does it really matter if Rivers brings the ball up most of the time if Aminu gets called the SF or not?
    Honestly I'm not too worried of who will start or be on the bench. I just want the final line up in the final minutes to be Jrue, Eric, Tyreke, Ryan, and Anthony

Honestly I'm not too worried of who will start or be on the bench. I just want the final line up in the final minutes to be Jrue, Eric, Tyreke, Ryan, and Anthony
    That's pretty much what I was gonna post.

Evans style of play benifits him to come off the bench. He can save his gas for the end of the game and lead the second unit as a do-it-all 6th man. When the end of the game comes and we need a bucket, then put him and Ryno on the floor with Holiday, Gordon, and Davis.

I am assuming we are thinking Aminu starting only because of his defensive abilities, right?

Really hope this happens. Even if it's only for a few games I wanna see Oden and Davis hit the floor together, ha

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    I am assuming we are thinking Aminu starting only because of his defensive abilities, right?
    I think Aminu's fine as a starter. Such a good rebounder and a strong defender ... his lack of offensive game is a pretty big weakness, but this season he'll have the complimentary guys in Evans and Morrow that can play SF and give us what he can't when it suits us.

Last season Monty said he liked playing Aminu with Gordon, and I can understand why. Gordon is a high-usage guy that takes the pressure off Aminu to need to score, while Aminu's such a good rebounder that it plays well with Gordon, who's biggest on-court weakness is rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    33% us, 33% Heat, and 33% SA.
    1% bobcats?

Quote Originally Posted by cgrand View Post
    1% Mavericks
    There ya go lol

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    I think Aminu's fine as a starter. Such a good rebounder and a strong defender ... his lack of offensive game is a pretty big weakness, but this season he'll have the complimentary guys in Evans and Morrow that can play SF and give us what he can't when it suits us.

Last season Monty said he liked playing Aminu with Gordon, and I can understand why. Gordon is a high-usage guy that takes the pressure off Aminu to need to score, while Aminu's such a good rebounder that it plays well with Gordon, who's biggest on-court weakness is rebounding.
    I think we have enough scoring with the 1st unit even with Aminu's lack of an offensive game he can get the transition buckets. We'll really need his defense and rebounding with the 1st unit.

I really want to see who Monty sends out there with the 2nd unit at the 3, or I should say the "other wing players along with Reke" since we don't really have "positions". I'm thinking Austin will run the point with Reke on one wing. Ryno at the 4 and either Steimsma or Withey at the 5. Candidates are Morrow and Miller.

If we sign Oden (and he's healthy) we can plug him into the 2nd unit. How much P/R will Oden be able to do? So many ??'s.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Like the idea of splitting ball handling duties with Austin and Tyreke for the second unit. Both can create, but both need to learn how to score without the ball in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I think we have enough scoring with the 1st unit even with Aminu's lack of an offensive game he can get the transition buckets. We'll really need his defense and rebounding with the 1st unit.

I really want to see who Monty sends out there with the 2nd unit at the 3, or I should say the "other wing players along with Reke" since we don't really have "positions". I'm thinking Austin will run the point with Reke on one wing. Ryno at the 4 and either Steimsma or Withey at the 5. Candidates are Morrow and Miller.

If we sign Oden (and he's healthy) we can plug him into the 2nd unit. How much P/R will Oden be able to do? So many ??'s.
    I actually really like Aminu with this bunch. Guys like AFA are exactly the guys you want and need to uncover if you have a collection of scorers. He pretty much does all of his damage without taking shots away from the other guys.

One of Monty's first challenges is going to be to figure out the optimal rotation for some of these guys. Evans, Aminu and Rivers are all wings who - to this point - don't have reliable jumpers, and playing 2 or more of them together could lead to some ugly ball. Seeing as we might be looking at Rivers/Evans on the "early second quarter" team together, it'll be interesting to see if we go with that or if we juggle a little bit.
    Last edited by MonsterMash; 07-19-2013 at 02:17 PM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I think one of the main reasons Reke will come off the bench is so he can be the lead guard. He's said he see's himself as a point. Aminu starts to help the rebounding and defense in the starting lineup.
    @DanielVeuleman

Thread Information