Pelicans Report

Thread: Austin Rivers 21'st B-day

Media Austin Rivers 21'st B-day

He is now 21, hopefully he doesn't go get to smashed in the French Quarter, and pull a Terrence Jones! To kick his 21st birthday off. How about a highlight video...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    He is now 21, hopefully he doesn't go get to smashed in the French Quarter, and pull a Terrence Jones! To kick his 21st birthday off. How about a highlight video...

Really terrible editing by the video creator.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Happy bday RIVERS!!! Prove them haters wrong

my fave pelican, has the potential to be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I don't know. I love the kid as well, but at best he will be our 4 guard. I don't think he is gonna get enough minutes to be a star. Of course, if Gordon gets injured again, he will have a bigger role, but I'm not hoping for that at all.

define incredible
    never assume

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    Incredible to know that I am 3 years older than this guy. Celebrate it accordingly young Austin.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

Happy Birthday Austin Rivers!!! You are my 5th favorite player on the team. I believe in you kid and hope you are in the top 5 for most improved players this year. Prove all the haters wrong and come out show everyone the player you truly are this year.

I would say the #1 most improved player award, but that will go to Tyreke Evans.
    Anthony Davis will get defensive player of the year.
    Eric Gordon will get come back player of the year, unless Greg Oden signs with us...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    define incredible
    his problems are finishing, and FTs, both of which we looked to have majorly improved, he can get to the basket at will, as he keeps getting older, bigger and stronger he will be one of the best in the league at getting to the rim and FT line. he is already a very good defender and when u watched him and AD run the pick and roll it was beautiful, when he is 24 years old i can see him being a top 10 SG or a top 3 6th man in the league. thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeWhoDat View Post
    Happy Birthday Austin Rivers!!! You are my 5th favorite player on the team. I believe in you kid and hope you are in the top 5 for most improved players this year. Prove all the haters wrong and come out show everyone the player you truly are this year.

I would say the #1 most improved player award, but that will go to Tyreke Evans.
    Anthony Davis will get defensive player of the year.
    Eric Gordon will get come back player of the year, unless Greg Oden signs with us...lol!
    gonna be too hard for tyreke to get most improved unless he goes out of his mind, he averaged like 15-4-4 this year

his problems are finishing, and FTs, both of which we looked to have majorly improved, he can get to the basket at will, as he keeps getting older, bigger and stronger he will be one of the best in the league at getting to the rim and FT line. he is already a very good defender and when u watched him and AD run the pick and roll it was beautiful, when he is 24 years old i can see him being a top 10 SG or a top 3 6th man in the league. thats my opinion.
    You forgot about his lack of mid-range and 3 pt shoot! Gotta work on that too!

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Really terrible editing by the video creator.
    I didn't think the editing was bad.

Did Rivers fall down on every drive last season? It sure seemed so.

I think Rivers is overrated on here. And I think he is underrated just about everywhere else.

To me, he is a scoring guard off the bench, with the potential to become one of the better role player (possibly 6th man) players in the league.

I don't think he's going to be an All star or a world beater. (Obviously I hope he does, just in case someone jumps on me for being a hater or something ridiculous like that)

Thread Information