Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [S7] Weeks 19-20 Results

I lost to the jazz and the hawks... wow.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I have some decisions to make come playoff time. Chris Paul is playing well as not a scoring option but should he be one. DeMarr Johnson could start over Roy, a lot to think about.

Also I might want to situationally slide Dirk to the 5 and start Ratliff to play defense on all of the great powerforwards.
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 07-14-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I have some decisions to make come playoff time. Chris Paul is playing well as not a scoring option but should he be one. DeMarr Johnson could start over Roy, a lot to think about.

Also I might want to situationally slide Dirk to the 5 and start Ratliff to play defense on all of the great powerforwards.
    78, is that you?

My team is freakin done. My team sucks in the context of playoff contenders. I got my *** kicked repeatedly by the likes of the Sixers and Bulls and blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead at home to the Wizards by allowing Kobe and McDyess to score over 40 each. What's the point of investing in a deep squad when a team without a bench can just throw a couple of guys who can score 30-40 points and win. I don't get how my team repeatedly gets their asses kicked by the upper echleon teams. I don't expect to win those games, but I also don't expect to lose by 20-30 points repeatedly. If I play a slow pace I can't score and if I play a fast pace I can't defend. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. This season has been pathetic and I don't see it getting better. And Melo is so overrated. He's not even that great of a scorer on most nights. If I don't do a fast pace, he's solid as best scoring wise. What a frustrating season. So pissed off right now.
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 07-14-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

So much crying and complaining in this thread today. Y'all can't win every game
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I'm just waiting patiently, lurking as the complaining increases. Hope some of our positions change within a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPaulyP View Post
    So much crying and complaining in this thread today. Y'all can't win every game
    Preach!

I've lost by 40 like 5 times this season lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I'm freakin done. My team sucks in the context of playoff contenders. I got my *** kicked repeatedly by the likes of the Sixers and Bulls and blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead at home to the Wizards by allowing Kobe and McDyess to score over 40 each. What's the point of investing in a deep squad when a team without a bench can just throw a couple of guys who can score 30-40 points and win. I don't get how my team repeatedly gets their asses kicked by the upper echleon teams. I don't expect to win those games, but I also don't expect to lose by 20-30 points repeatedly. If I play a slow pace I can't score and if I play a fast pace I can't defend. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. This season has been pathetic and I don't see it getting better. And Melo is so overrated. He's not even that great of a scorer on most nights. If I don't do a fast pace, he's solid as best scoring wise. What a frustrating season. So pissed off right now.
    Are you trading Melo?

1-5 Nesterovic out 5 of those games. Yikes. Back to the drawing board. I have an idea of where I want to go next year with this team.

PR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Are you trading Melo?
    for Harrington.

I'm freakin done. My team sucks in the context of playoff contenders. I got my *** kicked repeatedly by the likes of the Sixers and Bulls and blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead at home to the Wizards by allowing Kobe and McDyess to score over 40 each. What's the point of investing in a deep squad when a team without a bench can just throw a couple of guys who can score 30-40 points and win. I don't get how my team repeatedly gets their asses kicked by the upper echleon teams. I don't expect to win those games, but I also don't expect to lose by 20-30 points repeatedly. If I play a slow pace I can't score and if I play a fast pace I can't defend. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. This season has been pathetic and I don't see it getting better. And Melo is so overrated. He's not even that great of a scorer on most nights. If I don't do a fast pace, he's solid as best scoring wise. What a frustrating season. So pissed off right now.
    Yeah I hear this. Feeling the same way. Slightly different problems, but yeah...disgusted too.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I've lost by 40 like 5 times this season lol.
    I imagine not a full strength. You've had a ton of injuries too.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Are you trading Melo?
    Depends how much he wants.

Depends how much he wants.
    how many wins? i can give him that.

for Harrington.
    Demarr Johnson is your top SG on the index. And he fits on your outside focus team. He's not any worse defensively than Roy either.

how many wins? i can give him that.
    Get to the WCFs before you can promise him more wins.

Woot! 5-2, needed that after the last ****ty sim. Pretty sure that's like the 3rd time the Kings beat me this season lol
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Woot! 5-2, needed that after the last ****ty sim. Pretty sure that's like the 3rd time the Kings beat me this season lol
    Lol you're in their little black book.

Demarr Johnson is your top SG on the index. And he fits on your outside focus team. He's not any worse defensively than Roy either.
    I'm not going to fix what aint broke. Dermarr could get the start by seasons end. Roy could possibly be waving towels the whole playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Lol you're in their little black book.
    Look I'm just glad Nola has the courtesy of buying me dinner first. Sure it's Wendy's, but it makes me feel a little classier before his team ****s mine

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Look I'm just glad Nola has the courtesy of buying me dinner first. Sure it's Wendy's, but it makes me feel a little classier before his team ****s mine
    Love it.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Play Jefferson more.

Warriors 0-10 in last 10, full tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Play Jefferson more.
    :/ SHHHHHHHH

Thread Information