Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Withey to Nola

im amazed
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

where's that shopped gif of Benson and Loomis flipping out money? it fits here... also the 3rd person in that clip should be Dell

oh what we can do when we have an owner and management that's all gung-ho and ready to do what it takes to get Ws... you know... 1 who understands that Ws mean butts in seats which means more $$$$$ in their pockets
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

We now now have a few interesting young'uns to watch in the summer league again! Looking forward to it all.
    Jrue dat

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    this is huge...

Jeff Withey has developed remarkably the past two seasons, from being a total non-factor his first three years in college to arguably the best overall defender in the NCAA.

Standing close to 7-feet, with an excellent 7-3 wingspan and very good athletic ability, Withey has excellent physical tools for his position, which happens to be the most difficult to fill in the NBA. A former volleyball player, he's a mobile big man who is quick off his feet and can elevate impressively around the rim, and shows tremendous coordination on the defensive end.

Withey's biggest shortcoming from a physical standpoint lies in his average frame, as he still needs to continue to add strength, especially to his lower body. It's unclear how much room he has left for physical development considering his age (23) and the fact that he comes from a college program known for doing good work in the strength and conditioning department.

Video Analysis:

{Edit-Please do not post full articles}
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jeff-Withey-5259/

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2Y9JXLCpK
    http://www.draftexpress.com

Will be in good shape for the season even if no other pieces are added.

Quote Originally Posted by smittywerb View Post
    Holy crap! We got Withey! Monty is going to turn this dude into a defensive powerhouse! Davis and Withey is going to be one terrifying tandem. Maybe even scarier than Davis and Noel! All we need is our 3 who can shoot and drive and we are looking good fellas!
    I don't even think we need a 3 that can drive to the basket too. It'd be nice, but that's what everyone wants; hence they'll be coveted. How about alan Anderson from the raptors?

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I don't even think we need a 3 that can drive to the basket too. It'd be nice, but that's what everyone wants; hence they'll be coveted. How about alan Anderson from the raptors?
    Any body but Anderson he is not efficient enough

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I think we could find a "market" guy if you know what I mean. A dude who isn't as coveted but can still contribute (ex. Wright).

Quote Originally Posted by smittywerb View Post
    I think we could find a "market" guy if you know what I mean. A dude who isn't as coveted but can still contribute (ex. Wright).
    Don't we always? Ayon, Lopez, Gray. This list of guys Demps has bought and flipped for profit is amazing. I see him grabbing one or two more of them to fill out this roster. Just throw a dart at an list of under performer, and you have your next Pelican.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I think Withey will turn out to be what people hoped/thought cole aldrich would be.

Thread Information