Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Withey to Nola

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Is he NBA ready?
    He's as ready as any Senior that comes into the league.

I think he and Pierre Jackson were two of the most NBA ready guys in the draft. At worst, they provide really solid depth that can step in when injuries occur.

At best?

Summer League Championship baby!!
    @mcnamara247

DaThrone must be very happy with that signing!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This great to hear all these great things about him. And Demps may not be finished.

How much cap do we have after the smoke settles ?

Withey is a great pick-up! He's a guy that can come up the bench and give up 10 mins of defense. Which is really all we need! Demps is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Seriously... This guy is going to go AT Davis and push him every practice... That alone is worth it. He'll help make AD better.
    Great point

If this is true Dell Demps is by far putting himself in the top 10, if not, top 5 GMs in the league right now. He literally wins almost every trade he participates in.

Not sure I really like Whitey.. Kind of think he's soft after watching him in college. That said, he definitely will push AD.

If he could develop a jump shot anywhere on the floor though... Oh dear Pelicans will be rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think he and Pierre Jackson were two of the most NBA ready guys in the draft. At worst, they provide really solid depth that can step in when injuries occur.

At best?

Summer League Championship baby!!
    Get our banner people ready. When do games start and will they all be televised?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He just needs to be a big body. He'll gain strength. It's a different world when you're all basketball 24/7 as opposed to college where NCAA has rules about how long you can practice and what not. In addition still gotta go to classes and all that rigamarole.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoLob View Post
    Not sure I really like Whitey.. Kind of think he's soft after watching him in college. That said, he definitely will push AD.

If he could develop a jump shot anywhere on the floor though... Oh dear Pelicans will be rolling.
    So you're not impressed with his block shot numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by AutoLob View Post

Why? He just needs to gain mass, rebound, and block shots. I would not expect him to do this. But I agree, if he did...Lets not get our hopes up

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Took 14 jump shots last year. That part of his game would be greatly beneficial to work on. Also finishing with his left hand. But the good thing is his weaknesses are things that can be worked on. His defense and shot blocking is going to be huge for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Get our banner people ready. When do games start and will they all be televised?

And all on NBATV
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post

And all on NBATV
    I'll be on my honeymoon for the Finals!!! Better have Internet.

I'll be on my honeymoon for the Finals!!! Better have Internet.
    You might want to rethink watching an NBA Summer League game on your computer on your hobeymoon. Unless your wife is one to pull up a chair next to you and pass you a beer, that kind of stuff ain't gonna fly

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    You might want to rethink watching an NBA Summer League game on your computer on your hobeymoon. Unless your wife is one to pull up a chair next to you and pass you a beer, that kind of stuff ain't gonna fly
    Quarterfinals is wedding night. So inconvenient, NBA

Uhh summer league sucks guys.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quarterfinals is wedding night. So inconvenient, NBA
    #S(ummer)LOE??

#S(ummer)LOE??
    Haha

Holy crap! We got Withey! Monty is going to turn this dude into a defensive powerhouse! Davis and Withey is going to be one terrifying tandem. Maybe even scarier than Davis and Noel! All we need is our 3 who can shoot and drive and we are looking good fellas!

And all on NBATV
    I'm having surgery Monday, so I'll be home recuperating through the 22nd. I'll be able to watch all of the games for a change.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Uhh summer league sucks guys.
    Yeah, but at least we get to see Rivers. That'll be nice.

Thread Information