Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Withey to Nola

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Question
    Who will start at the 5 and do you think Withey Defense will translate right away on a NBA level
    Haha I'm too slow !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Oh man I'm soooooo happy that we got this guy! This guy will be a solid player in this league!

Brewer or Copeland and I think we are golden.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Withey is going to have to get used to the physicality of the NBA, same like Davis last year. Is it possible he starts Day 1? Sure. But I just think the experience is going to give Smith the edge but you never know. I agree with HDP I'd rather Smith off the bench.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Seriously... This guy is going to go AT Davis and push him every practice... That alone is worth it. He'll help make AD better.
    Great point. He absolutely dominated Davis in the National Championship game. If I remember correctly Davis went 1/10 from the field?

RT @ESPNStatsInfo: A look at big men available in the NBA draft and why Nerlens Noel and Jeff Withey are the best of the bunch: http://es.pn/11EJasr
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

Whithey shot 70% from the free throw line last season.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Question
    Who will start at the 5 and do you think Withey Defense will translate right away on a NBA level
    100% yes.
    Wherehappens.

I go small forward, small forward now with the cap space and exception. I like Withey better than any of those vet options outside of Dalembert.

Sign Dorell Wright and Aminu. Bring back Amundson as 5th big.

Done and done.
    @mcnamara247

Simply amazing what Dell has transformed this roster into in such a short time!

Tom Benson stepped up to the plate with the money, Dell Demps knocked this offseason out of the park with 5 mill left for a SF... Hey Monty, your up.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Hmmmmm, so he's pretty much a tad bit more athletic Omir Asik?

I can dig it!!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackaveli View Post
    RT @ESPNStatsInfo: A look at big men available in the NBA draft and why Nerlens Noel and Jeff Withey are the best of the bunch: http://es.pn/11EJasr
    Of the 10 big men evaluated using these metrics, Withey is the only one who didn’t rank in the bottom four of any of the six categories. Noel is the only one to rank in the top two of three different categories.

Wow.

I like Dorell Wright, but long term do you think he is better than Joe Ingles? How much would Wright Ingles and Aminu cost?

Question
    I'd guess that Smith will start at C with Anderson still coming off the bench and Davis will probably split his time between PF & C.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMPVIPER View Post
    I like Dorell Wright, but long term do you think he is better than Joe Ingles? How much would Wright Ingles and Aminu cost?
    I prefer Dorell Wright rather than Ingles mostly because I believe DM is our long term solution not the guy we sign and I'm good with that for now.

DEMPS!!!!!

Sent via Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

I remember talking this guy up 2 years ago. Nice to see us grab him. I see him as a Joel Pryzbilla player. Great great defense who will grow with AD. He will be a starter for us this season.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

We are loaded with current talent and future potential at all slots now. Just add a veteran SF to hold the spot for miller and the puzzle is complete. What a flawless offseason for Dell. I think I am more excited about Withey than I am Reke. I guess because the Reke excitement has been here for a bit. But still I think Withey could develop to be a full time starter next to Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I go small forward, small forward now with the cap space and exception. I like Withey better than any of those vet options outside of Dalembert.

Sign Dorell Wright and Aminu. Bring back Amundson as 5th big.

Done and done.
    You literally took the words right out of my mouth. Wright and Aminu would be amazing. However, I was thinking Lance Thomas instead of Amundson, but I'd be fine with either, to be honest.

Withey can jump !!

Sent via Tapatalk

Is he NBA ready?

Our 1st Rounder next year looks less valuable...(sucks for 76ers)

Thread Information