Pelicans Report

Thread: This years Dion Waiters? Steal & Bust?

This years Dion Waiters? Steal & Bust?

1.) Maybe it will not happen, but who will be taken in the top 5 that most thought would not happen?

I say CJ McCollum goes to Phoenix unless Victor Oladipo is still on the board.

2.) Who will be the biggest steal and bust in the 2013 NBA draft?

Steal: Ricardo Ledo
    Bust: Michael Carter-Williams

Caldwell Pope, steal or next dion waiters.

mcollum top 5
    steal - hardaway
    bust - mcw

I PRAY we pick McCollum at 6... smokescreen
    Steal: Glen Rice Jr.
    Bust:Anthony Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I PRAY we pick McCollum at 6... smokescreen
    Steal: Glen Rice Jr.
    Bust:Anthony Bennett
    I'm with you brother, I hope we take McCollum also. I've been sleeping on him because of the bigger names, but after watching film and interviews, this kid is going to be really good and would be perfect for us after we move Gordon

I think CJ does end up going higher than expected. I'm not entirely unsure we don't have our eyes on him, either.

The biggest steal will probably be Ledo. He will end up in a situation with a winning team and they can get his head right. He could become a joe Johnson type of player, without the awful contract.

The biggest bust is Steven Adams, of course until the picks are made we won't know how high anyone goes to be considered a bust, but if he goes to Phoenix I think he has the biggest busy potential.
    Last edited by MeSoHornets504; 06-27-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Person that can go in top 5 nobody thought- Michael Carter-Williams. I can see Phoenix staff falling in love with MCW and looking to trade Dragic

Steal- Steven Adams. I look at his base combine with athletic ability and length I think he can dominate on both ends.

Bust- Ben McLemore. I have him going 2nd so it's as much about draft placement as performance. His lack of preparedness for team workouts and his ability to disappear during big games is a major concern.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Steal: CJ McCollum - People question whether he can run the point at the next level (I am one of those people) but the one thing that will easily translate is his scoring ability. It's not just his shooting, he can score a variety of different ways. I see him breaking onto the scene like Lillard did last year.

Bust: MCW - I don't see the offensive potential at all other than the occasional mismatch. I think what ever team drafts him fell in love with his size and I can see him struggling to adjust to the physicality of the NBA.

Bust Shabazz
    Steal Glen Rice Jr & Livio Jean-Charles
    Reach CJ Mc

Steal: CJ - I agree with everything everyone above has said. His ability to score will translate
    Bust: Len - Am I the only one scared of a 7 foot foreigner with injury issues already who disappears in games?

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock24 View Post
    Steal: CJ - I agree with everything everyone above has said. His ability to score will translate
    Bust: Len - Am I the only one scared of a 7 foot foreigner with injury issues already who disappears in games?
    You are not alone, I am not big fans of Noel or Len, but if I had to choose one over the other I would choose Len.

Guy that could go in the top 5 but not projected to:
    Cody zeller

Steal- Gobbert
    Bust- Bennett

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Zeller at #4

Steal - Shabazz
    Bust - Olynyk

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Guy that could go in the top 5 but not projected to:
    Cody zeller

Steal- Gobbert
    Bust- Bennett
    Hs stock was high after the combine but people have forgot about Gobbert. If we go G with #6, and there is a possibility we trade for another 1st, I wouldn't mind taking Gobbert.

Steal - Shane Larkin
    Bust - Noel

Surprise top 5 pick - Muhammad

If you're going to be a bear, be a Grizzly.

Steal - Jeff Withey will be drafted by an already very good team and anchor their interior D for the next decade.

Busts -McLemore and Zeller.

Surprise top 5 pick - Olynyk

Thread Information