Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: N/P Lamarcus Aldridge Wants Out

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar

N/P Lamarcus Aldridge Wants Out

Original Report - http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/in..._flyout_sports

Quote Originally Posted by RealGM
    LaMarcus Aldridge has wanted out of Portland since the last week of the Trail Blazers' season and did not resign sponsorship deals in Portland this past year, including agreements with Cadillac, Chevy, and Providence Hospital while asking to get out of a lease on his Pearl District condo.

Aldridge tried to put a clause into his lease that he will not have to pay penalties if he was traded.

“This is why I hate being in Portland,’’ Aldridge said during the last week of the season. “You can’t do anything.’’

According to the report, Aldridge would not only welcome a trade from the Blazers, but he hopes for one, believing the city is too boring and small.

Neil Olshey said he sympathized with the constant change Aldridge has gone through with the Blazers, but the GM was adamant he would not be shopping the All-Star forward.

“Well, I’ll tell you this: I’m not going to be making any phone calls to move him,’’ Olshey said. “But if the phone rings and it makes the team better ...’’
    Well, New Orleans is pretty far from boring, and Aldridge has a history with Monty. Perhaps he'd accept New Orleans. Should we pursue? What would you be willing to give up to acquire him? Would you even want to?

I feel like they would want an arm and a leg, and I'm not sure I'd give them that.

gordon and ryno for aldridge and batum

make it happen.

This doesn't have to be something we do tomorrow night, but it's something to look out for perhaps at this year's trade deadline. Aldridge has 2 years remaining on his deal. If he's pushing for a trade, Portland will have to trade him for something eventually in order to get something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Original Report - Well, New Orleans is pretty far from boring, and Aldridge has a history with Monty. Perhaps he'd accept New Orleans. Should we pursue? What would you be willing to give up to acquire him? Would you even want to?
    How about Dwight Howard?

NOLA is no LA, but its far from boring, he has a good relationship with Ryno. Maybe he'd accept it here? And we wouldn't have to give up any assets.

They would want too much!! Just say no!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    How about Dwight Howard?

NOLA is no LA, but its far from boring, he has a good relationship with Ryno. Maybe he'd accept it here? And we wouldn't have to give up any assets.
    Dwight Howard wouldn't come here when we had Chris Paul. He's not coming for Ryan Anderson.

What part of "too small" you guys didn't get? Along with the boring part to me it means only he wants to go to some obvious place..la, miami, etc, out of a small market

Aldridge reasons are bizarre. You signed a 65 million contract extension. You have two years left on your contract and you can go anywhere you want once your contract is done. Portland is a young and promising team on the rise. Shut up and play out your contract. I'm getting tired of these babies.

I'd offer Anderson + Lopez + 6th + top 10 protected 2014 pick for Aldridge + 10th pick. Would make us an instant playoff contender, possibly go deeper. Pick someone like Adetokunbo (who Monty will LOVE to mold into a Batum clone).

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    I'd offer Anderson + Lopez + 6th + top 10 protected 2014 pick for Aldridge + 10th pick. Would make us an instant playoff contender, possibly go deeper. Pick someone like Adetokunbo (who Monty will LOVE to mold into a Batum clone).
    No way i give anderson to get aldridge. Especially if he's to bolt away in a couple of years

I don't like Aldridge. Takes too many long 2's for my liking and doesn't convert on enough to make them worth it. That's just me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    No way i give anderson to get aldridge. Especially if he's to bolt away in a couple of years
    Why would he bolt? I think our team minus Anderson and Lopez is better than POR's team without Aldridge.

Starter
    It would take 2 #1s unprotected or top3-5 protected/ ryno/ greivas/ gordon at least and wont even b considered til january

What part of "too small" you guys didn't get? Along with the boring part to me it means only he wants to go to some obvious place..la, miami, etc, out of a small market
    i just have to say, Miami is not your traditional "big market" either. They could barely keep fans in the building while they were in the Finals, and not even ESPN cared about them before Lebron got there.

Why would he bolt? I think our team minus Anderson and Lopez is better than POR's team without Aldridge.
    ...because he wants a big market?

Quote Originally Posted by sm504 View Post
    i just have to say, Miami is not your traditional "big market" either. They could barely keep fans in the building while they were in the Finals, and not even ESPN cared about them before Lebron got there.
    Yes, but, so what? Now that lebron's there to stay miami is a top priority for almost anyone who is willing to play 2nd or 3rd banana i mean. And miami is still miami, it ain't no portland for sure (i think i'd prefer portland over miami as a living place if i had to choose, but eh, the general opinion would be 99% miami, esp among professional players i think)

...because he wants a big market?

Yes, but, so what? Now that lebron's there to stay miami is a top priority for almost anyone who is willing to play 2nd or 3rd banana i mean. And miami is still miami, it ain't no portland for sure (i think i'd prefer portland over miami as a living place if i had to choose, but eh, the general opinion would be 99% miami, esp among professional players i think)
    Why is it that when someone says " _ _ _ is small", it automatically means big market.

And what is to say that LeBron is there to stay? MIA was considered a "small" market before the Heatles happened.

If you can get a superstar like Aldridge for the price I stated, you have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sm504 View Post
    Size of metro area:

Miami - 6,166,766 (9th in the US, larger than Houston and Atlanta)
    Portland - 2,992,924 (19th in the US)
    New Orleans - 1,452,502 (42nd in the US)

Big Market does not mean butts in the seats, it means belly buttons in the Metro area watching their televisions and going out and businesses in the area catering to said belly buttons.

Miami is a top 10 market.

I heard LA doesn't like playing center. He'd have to here. And before anyone screams POSITIONS ARE MEANINGLESS, this is supposedly from the horse's mouth.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/1/23...playing-with-a

Unless we bring AD off the bench (not happening) he wouldn't be happy here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Cavaet ! thats a Cool move, if they sign Copeland !,

Chicago maybe.

Word is, Aldridge wants to escape from Portland's rebuilding project and has made it known that he'd like to land in Chicago.
    http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...rts/706259711/

The bad thing about him wanting to go to Chicago is that he'd want to play next to Noah, but Portland won't (and shouldn't) want this deal for anything less than Noah. Chicago will want to give Deng, but Portland has no use for him. They won't make good trading partners.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Yeah I'm not seeing an easy trade with Chicago. Portland is about to take another big step back in their progress.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Cavaet ! thats a Cool move, if they sign Copeland !,
    Where you in my English class, !

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Lol

Thread Information