Pelicans Report

Thread: Larry Coon's Early Season Luxury Tax Bill Projection

Larry Coon's Early Season Luxury Tax Bill Projection

Welcome to Larry Coon's Early Season Luxury tax projection. Please see below for your teams and what they'd owe if the season ended today:

Team Cap Room Points Owed
    Boston Celtics ($23,627,712) 62
    Milwakee Bucks ($15,086,303) 38
    Memphis Grizzlies ($14,960,756) 32
    Atlanta Hawks ($13,638,718) 29
    New York Knicks ($12,717,661) 26
    Toronto Raptors ($9,405,193) 18
    Washington Wizards ($9,131,719) 18
    Chicago Bulls ($8,675,853) 16
    Los Angeles Lakers ($8,141,496) 16
    Dallas Mavericks ($6,932,527) 12

This is a total of 264 Luxury tax dollars versus 198 last year. Also, we have 10 Luxury tax teams this year versus 6 last year.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Damn Boston....That's gonna be me 3 years from now, all for a 2-3 roster.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Wow does that say 62? I guess lux tax penalties are harsh enough

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    My goal is to get to -100 and still have enough points to add a MLE and LLE. I **** on the luxury tax!!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Wow, lots of potential points to be given out.

With that being said NOLa.'s Bartering House will listen to offers to dump contract(s) closer towards the trade deadline.

Gotta plug where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    It really penalizes teams that are really taking advantage.

35 over is something like 115 points.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It really penalizes teams that are really taking advantage.

35 over is something like 115 points.
    That means I need 116 points in in 2009 to add MLE guys. Doable!!!!

I'd pay 62 points if it won me a championship, but the celtics are paying 62 points to help the needy. It's a noble act.

I would have been #2 on that list had i not traded Iverson.

I would have been #2 on that list had i not traded Iverson.
    You're team is starting to remind me of the Hornets in that you are slowly getting to the point where you find those diamond in the rough guys to round out the roster and/or trading for rookie deals. Obviously the hornets are better at staying under the cap, but your moves to lower your bill have been pretty sweet.

It feels good to be off that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    You're team is starting to remind me of the Hornets in that you are slowly getting to the point where you find those diamond in the rough guys to round out the roster and/or trading for rookie deals. Obviously the hornets are better at staying under the cap, but your moves to lower your bill have been pretty sweet.
    Yeah, Starting to realize once you get to a certain point that improving long term players with points is really effective instead of going for a homerun every year with trades.

I won't be on it come the end of the season.

Where is the distribution from last year? Some please help me out

I think I was projected to pay something like 55 points last year and ended up in the 30s and still earned enough points to pay off the debt (plus the redistribution). This is the bed I made when I wanted to pair Shaq up with Webber, I'll lie in it for the duration of Shaq's contract.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I think I was projected to pay something like 55 points last year and ended up in the 30s and still earned enough points to pay off the debt (plus the redistribution). This is the bed I made when I wanted to pair Shaq up with Webber, I'll lie in it for the duration of Shaq's contract.
    Assuming the cap goes up every year for 3 years by 1 Million, I project you to owe 95-115 points (depending if can or will sign a MLE) in year 4 of your salaries. Over the course of 4 years you could pay like 360 league points.

Assuming the cap goes up every year for 3 years by 1 Million, I project you to owe 95-115 points (depending if can or will sign a MLE) in year 4 of your salaries. Over the course of 4 years you could pay like 360 league points.
    I don't think I've ever had 360 points to my name

I probably won't sign an MLE again until those contracts are gone. I'd say I'll try to resign Childress that's it the rest will be 2nd round picks probably and just suck for a few years then have 50 mill in cap space.

you could pray for retirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    you could pray for retirements.
    I did that once, it did not work out so great...honestly If those 3 guys decline to the point of worthlessness the last 2 years of their contracts, I'd be on the track of the Mavs, Sonics, Rockets model and hopefully get 2 high draft picks then a ton of cap space open up. It's worked out great for them.

Thread Information