Pelicans Report

Thread: Game/league draft idea

Game/league draft idea

Either a draft where we have a few keepers and a rookie draft, or a league where we draft and use real NBA contracts & cap space, and draft a franchise (and rookie drafts and FA).

-We would do the voting tournament after the draft.
    -After the tournament, right before the real NBA draft we would have a rookie draft.
    -The rookie draft order would be determined by when you got knocked out of the tournament, with the teams knocked out the earliest having the highest picks, 2nd round 2nd highest etc. The teams would be grouped by round and each group randomized to order the draft
    -If Keeper league: Have another redraft next year, where everyone but the keepers is available
    -No trading of picks during the draft

If we did just the keeper league I was thinking maybe 2-3 keepers from any round, and then a couple keepers from rounds 8-12. (Keepers meaning the player stays on your team next year, and they are unavailable for other teams to draft)

To solve the inactivity of the other league I was thinking no trading during the draft, give people time slots to pick, I'd only let the most active posters in, and possibly cut down the number of teams. Also separate round threads and a discussion thread to make the draft easier to follow, and no discussion in the pick threads

I know theres question about yearly turnover like Beeball said, but I think we could find replacements if people disappear

If you're interested say so here and which league would you rather do?
    Last edited by speedyG; 05-24-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Sounds like we could do this in a Keeper fantasy league, which I planned to start this upcoming season. It wouldn't move as fast paced, but it also wouldn't leave it up to public opinion on who is better.

Like on ESPN/Yahoo? Nah not really into those, I'd rather build realistic teams then just go for the fantasy points

i would do that but no cap and salary. Cant stand any of it.
    Welcome to be here

Thread Information