Pelicans Report

Thread: Eric Bledsoe Trade Rumors

Eric Bledsoe Trade Rumors

Report: Clippers target Danny Granger in trade talks involving Eric Bledsoe
    http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/16/da...rs-doc-rivers/

Figured I'd create a thread for it now that he's rumored to be going to about 8 different teams.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    If they are looking to deal Bledsoe for a scorer with knee issues, we might would be interested.
    @DanielVeuleman

i heard afflalo for bledsoe... if they could get contracts to work out i think thats a better trade for the Clips IMO

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I don't get why Clips would be targeting Danny Granger. Aren't they hoping to get Paul Pierce later in the summer if the Doc/KG trade happens?

...and why would the Pacers want Bledsoe when they already have George Hill?

Pacers think Bledsoe is an upgrade from Hill. It's probably too early to say if they're wrong, but a lot of basketball minds thought the lack of good guard play is what doomed the Pacers.

I wonder if half the stuff rumored about comes true.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Pacers think Bledsoe is an upgrade from Hill. It's probably too early to say if they're wrong, but a lot of basketball minds thought the lack of good guard play is what doomed the Pacers.
    Has that been reported anywhere!? I thought it seemed like they were lacking at SG, not PG.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    ...and why would the Pacers want Bledsoe when they already have George Hill?
    If that MIA series didn't show you that the Pacers needed a PG BAD, then I don't know what to tell you.

Would be huge to have Bledsoe on wade, George on Lebron and Hibbert on bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by smittywerb View Post
    If that MIA series didn't show you that the Pacers needed a PG BAD, then I don't know what to tell you.
    I didn't think George Hill was the reason they lost that series. People are jumping the gun on Bledsoe if they ink he's a better PG than Hill.

The Pacers have a quicker GV running the point. He plays with his back to the basket thus eliminating 1/3 of the court. Multiple times during the series people complained about the Pacers inability to get the ball to their bigs. Hill is fine, but he is a better backup.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I like the idea of what Bledsoe adds defensively ... it probably makes a great defensive team even better. I'm not sure I see the offensive upside though? That's not a team looking to run and push tempo, and Hill takes better care of the ball and spaces the floor better than Bledsoe. The last thing Indiana needs is a guy that adds to the turnover issue and leaves the floor more congested.

Bledsoe's a great addition for a team that wants to run, but I'm not seeing it for Indiana.

It's not a team looking to push the tempo, but bit is a team looking for a better pg.

great deal for the pacers, then if they could add oj mayo that team would be deadly

I read somewhere San Antonio will have enough to offer a max deal to someone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I read somewhere San Antonio will have enough to offer a max deal to someone lol.
    Chris Paul and Tony Parker...ouch

Think about Iggy there with Manu coming off the bench like usual..

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I didn't think George Hill was the reason they lost that series. People are jumping the gun on Bledsoe if they ink he's a better PG than Hill.
    I don't know, from what I saw, when Miami pressured Hill, he could hardly get it up the court or dribble in the half-court. The vision and play-making ability is there, it's just the handles aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by smittywerb View Post
    I don't know, from what I saw, when Miami pressured Hill, he could hardly get it up the court or dribble in the half-court. The vision and play-making ability is there, it's just the handles aren't.
    In that case it's fix-able, unlike lack of court vision, what are you going to do with that?

I dont think it would be an either/or thing with Hill and Bledsoe. I think what SA is clearly showing is that you need multiple ball handlers to beat Miami, so they can not just pressure one guy. That is why Manu was so big in Game 5. Having him and TP on the court means you can play either guy on the ball or off and Miami can't just focus on disrupting one guy.
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information