Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a 1994 League run by a GM from our league?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely! I'd make it work!

11 68.75%
  • Maybe, depends on lolsimleague, but leaning towards yes.

1 6.25%
  • Maybe, but leaning towards no.

2 12.50%
  • Nah, not enough bandwidth.

2 12.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1994 League - Non-LOLsimleague version

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Actually, the easiest way would probably be to just send the actual save file for the league and anyone with FBB would be able to edit it
    But, it wouldn't be shared. Any update would require another save file sent to everyone, and if multiple people are working at the same time, you'll be stuck with various versions of a save file.

It can work if the 2-3 additional assistant Commissioners are willing to be coordinated.

We know how much time goes into running this thing Commish. And the pace has already been slowed tremendously this off season. Which is fine. No big deal. But I think that is why the second league would be there, to pass the time when this one is slow. That was the point of lolsim league which you joined yourself. But it's clear most do not like that league so why not have a second one that people actually like. I didn't see anything wrong with the second league idea. Actually think it would keep a lot of us off of your back about how the pace is in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    But, it wouldn't be shared. Any update would require another save file sent to everyone, and if multiple people are working at the same time, you'll be stuck with various versions of a save file.

It can work if the 2-3 additional assistant Commissioners are willing to be coordinated.
    Yes but you can get things like player information from someone else without the burden being on commish.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

It's a great option, but would ultimately come down to a) if commish would want to do that and/or b) commish has a computer he could use to set that remote access up.

And Commish, i 100% appreciate all the time and effort you put into this. Really do. And if you are busy, that's completely understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yes but you can get things like player information from someone else without the burden being on commish.
    Well, getting the ratings are probably not that time consuming, and really not that vital to the game. It'd more benefit to try and set up some other means to take the burden from Commish on other things.

Say we could get some assistants. If we had 3 people capable of working it, each commish would only have to set up one sim per week or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    It's a great option, but would ultimately come down to a) if commish would want to do that and/or b) commish has a computer he could use to set that remote access up.

And Commish, i 100% appreciate all the time and effort you put into this. Really do. And if you are busy, that's completely understandable.
    Anyone with a spare computer could set it up if the save file was capable of being moved. Just a thought. I'm not advocating either way, just spitting out some ideas I've had since I've joined the league.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I like the ideas, and if it helps lift the burden off the COmmissioner's shoulders and he's down with it, I'm all for it and would volunteer to help.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    The thing is, anytime there is a lengthy layoff I start hearing chatter. Yall have to understand most of my free "alone" time is taken up running this. And most of the things that I have to do to run this league doesn't just take 10-20 minutes to do. Rookie contracts take time, creating draft files takes time, entering bids takes time, entering depth charts takes a lot of time, trades, signings, releases, position changes. Heck even updating the index probably takes a good 10 minutes if I'm updating everything. I have over 20 pm's that I haven't even started going through yet because I haven't had the time. All of those are just for free agency which will probably take a couple hours to enter into the game. I have a few more asking for number ratings, and I have a few more just asking general questions. I've been working 8AM-6PM six days a week for the past month, so my free time is at a minimum. My entire day consists of waking up, going to work, coming home at 6 and working out for about 6:30-7:00, and finishing that around 7:30-8:00 then eating dinner. A couple days a week I'll hang out with some buddies either after work or after I go workout. The days that I don't? I spend trying to catch up on this sim league.

Like free agency tomorrow, I don't have the first clue when I'll get to that because I have to work out before I go in at 10AM, get off at 6, then have to go find a fathers day present for my dad. I may not even be able to get to putting the bids in until Saturday night, and that is if something doesn't come up.
    Everyone can appreciate this. Everyone also appreciates what you do. But no one knows when your life is getting busy unless its communicated.

Commish, I think you need help, the time required in running this league is too much for one person

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Everyone can appreciate this. Everyone also appreciates what you do. But no one knows when your life is getting busy unless its communicated.
    Don't really think it needs to be communicated, if something isn't posted then there's obviously a reason for that.

And I'm not against the idea of having someone help, but I'm also not sure it's a real good solution. Seems to me it would just create more hurdles to cross.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 06-13-2013 at 12:26 PM.

I like the ideas, and if it helps lift the burden off the COmmissioner's shoulders and he's down with it, I'm all for it and would volunteer to help.
    I wouldn't trust you with depth chart if my life depended on it

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I'm calling the Bucks. I can't not be them. It just feels dirty... in lolsimleague, I'm the Mavs and I feel the need to ***** and whine and moan and complain and threaten to quit after my first 2-11 sim
    I nearly peed myself when I read this.

As far as leagues go, There can be only one.

Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Don't really think it needs to be communicated, if something isn't posted then there's obviously a reason for that.
    I respectfully disagree.

And that is the exact reason I don't set deadlines. The bickering would be even worse.

If another league is to be started i think it should be a college league. Not really in favor of another pro league.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPaulyP View Post
    If another league is to be started i think it should be a college league. Not really in favor of another pro league.
    I have no idea how it would be done but having a college league that is set up with this league would be pretty cool. I'm not all that positive but I think the college version of this game is more popular than the NBA version. But you wouldn't have real players I'd think.

I suggested that and offered to run it if we want.

I suggested that and offered to run it if we want.
    we could use those college classes as our draft classes when we catch up to real life?

we could use those college classes as our draft classes when we catch up to real life?
    6th feature down

HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

I'd enjoy the college aspect too. I just like this game and want to play it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    6th feature down

I like the ratings styles to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I like the ratings styles to choose from.

Yeah the college game is pretty fun, recruiting is like FA, there's like 4 sims, you get to choose what kind of defense you want to run, what pace and how much motion your offense runs. It's pretty intricate.

Definitely would be interested. Let's do it! I'll be Tulane.

South Alabama

Thread Information