Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a 1994 League run by a GM from our league?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely! I'd make it work!

11 68.75%
  • Maybe, depends on lolsimleague, but leaning towards yes.

1 6.25%
  • Maybe, but leaning towards no.

2 12.50%
  • Nah, not enough bandwidth.

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1994 League - Non-LOLsimleague version

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Yeah I'd be totally up for doing one with the new game whenever we get through with this league, but I don't think two leagues with all the same GM's would work. Honestly I haven't even heard too many good things about the new version except for the "diehard FBB" guys. I've heard it's way too detailed and hard to run.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I'm not trying to be a **** or anything, but honstly I really would not be up to run this league if there is another running simultaneously.
    That was another reason for this poll; to gauge your feelings on this

I would rather focus on this league and to be honest, I would be interested in adding fake players and things like that whenever we catch up to IRL.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Commish has spoken. Totally understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I would rather focus on this league and to be honest, I would be interested in adding fake players and things like that whenever we catch up to IRL.
    Same

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I guess my only thing is I really want to be part of a league that starts in 1994. That was around when I really got into the NBA. I definitely understand Commish's position. But starting in 94 sounds awesome to me.

Edit: and don't tell me to join lolsimleague.

Yeah I'd be totally up for doing one with the new game whenever we get through with this league, but I don't think two leagues with all the same GM's would work. Honestly I haven't even heard too many good things about the new version except for the "diehard FBB" guys. I've heard it's way too detailed and hard to run.
    I know this is a burden on you at times, but i think i speak for a lot of other people in that we hope there can be a little more transparicy. You've satisfied my request for team ratings and such, but a lot of other teams want this as well. I think we'd all be fine to wait a day or two longer if we could all get a screen shot of our teams before the season starts and afte training camp. That i think would be the main complaint. Unfortunately there's not way to help you with this task that i can think of.

Yeah I can not wait for the fake players. It will be fun drafting. You can can and all star out of the top ten cause you dont really know how they will do
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I know this is a burden on you at times, but i think i speak for a lot of other people in that we hope there can be a little more transparicy. You've satisfied my request for team ratings and such, but a lot of other teams want this as well. I think we'd all be fine to wait a day or two longer if we could all get a screen shot of our teams before the season starts and afte training camp. That i think would be the main complaint. Unfortunately there's not way to help you with this task that i can think of.
    I can understand that point of view. However, I'm fine with the letter ratings even though it can be misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I can understand that point of view. However, I'm fine with the letter ratings even though it can be misleading.
    Like i said, i speak for A LOT, not all.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind getting those ratings before the season starts (after TC) and before playoffs (for matchup purposes)... maybe not ALL teams, but available upon request or something. Post by X/X/20XX @ X:XXpm to get a screen shot of your team.

That way everyone has a fair shot at getting one and you aren't bombarded with requests throughout the season. As for individual player ratings, are those screenshots still available upon request? Like if I wanna see all the broken down ratings for each more specific category (i.e. off rebounding vs def rebounding)... can we still ask for those?

I wanna try the new FBB but not at the risk of this league
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind getting those ratings before the season starts (after TC) and before playoffs (for matchup purposes)... maybe not ALL teams, but available upon request or something. Post by X/X/20XX @ X:XXpm to get a screen shot of your team.

That way everyone has a fair shot at getting one and you aren't bombarded with requests throughout the season. As for individual player ratings, are those screenshots still available upon request? Like if I wanna see all the broken down ratings for each more specific category (i.e. off rebounding vs def rebounding)... can we still ask for those?
    If there's a spot to post all of them, then you'd only need one.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    It's not that great.

If there's a spot to post all of them, then you'd only need one.
    The windows for all the players number ratings and the window for a single players ratings/description/etc are separate.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Agreed. This league is in a sweet spot that I wouldn't want to risk jeopardizing.

It's not that great.
    Doesn't matter. It's a curiosity thing.

Like i said, i speak for A LOT, not all.
    I imagined that and understand too. I'm not gonna ask for the numerical ratings until I feel I'm at a disadvantage (even though my luxury tax will be a bigger disadvantage in two seasons from now).

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    The windows for all the players number ratings and the window for a single players ratings/description/etc are separate.
    I HAVE THE GAME I KNOW. LOL
    We don't need induvidual ratings imo. The player ratings is enough of a burden.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The thing is, anytime there is a lengthy layoff I start hearing chatter. Yall have to understand most of my free "alone" time is taken up running this. And most of the things that I have to do to run this league doesn't just take 10-20 minutes to do. Rookie contracts take time, creating draft files takes time, entering bids takes time, entering depth charts takes a lot of time, trades, signings, releases, position changes. Heck even updating the index probably takes a good 10 minutes if I'm updating everything. I have over 20 pm's that I haven't even started going through yet because I haven't had the time. All of those are just for free agency which will probably take a couple hours to enter into the game. I have a few more asking for number ratings, and I have a few more just asking general questions. I've been working 8AM-6PM six days a week for the past month, so my free time is at a minimum. My entire day consists of waking up, going to work, coming home at 6 and working out for about 6:30-7:00, and finishing that around 7:30-8:00 then eating dinner. A couple days a week I'll hang out with some buddies either after work or after I go workout. The days that I don't? I spend trying to catch up on this sim league.

Like free agency tomorrow, I don't have the first clue when I'll get to that because I have to work out before I go in at 10AM, get off at 6, then have to go find a fathers day present for my dad. I may not even be able to get to putting the bids in until Saturday night, and that is if something doesn't come up.

Welp now I feel like an ***, I forget you do way more than any of us for the league and spend the most time on it.

The thing is, anytime there is a lengthy layoff I start hearing chatter. Yall have to understand most of my free "alone" time is taken up running this. And most of the things that I have to do to run this league doesn't just take 10-20 minutes to do. Rookie contracts take time, creating draft files takes time, entering bids takes time, entering depth charts takes a lot of time, trades, signings, releases, position changes. Heck even updating the index probably takes a good 10 minutes if I'm updating everything. I have over 20 pm's that I haven't even started going through yet because I haven't had the time. All of those are just for free agency which will probably take a couple hours to enter into the game. I have a few more asking for number ratings, and I have a few more just asking general questions. I've been working 8AM-6PM six days a week for the past month, so my free time is at a minimum. My entire day consists of waking up, going to work, coming home at 6 and working out for about 6:30-7:00, and finishing that around 7:30-8:00 then eating dinner. A couple days a week I'll hang out with some buddies either after work or after I go workout. The days that I don't? I spend trying to catch up on this sim league.

Like free agency tomorrow, I don't have the first clue when I'll get to that because I have to work out before I go in at 10AM, get off at 6, then have to go find a fathers day present for my dad. I may not even be able to get to putting the bids in until Saturday night, and that is if something doesn't come up.
    I think it's just a misunderstanding on our part, and we appreciate the time you put into it. Playoffs were such a torrent pace and I think we just got a little greedy.

The only way, I can think of a way for people to help out with this is having the game on an always on computer(trash computer someone has that they don't use).

It could be setup on teamviewer/log me in for a few Assistant Commissioners. Those GMs would have the ability to do some of the duties required of Commish.

That's the only way I see it happening, and it may not even be that great of an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    I think it's just a misunderstanding on our part, and we appreciate the time you put into it. Playoffs were such a torrent pace and I think we just got a little greedy.
    I'd me more than willing to slow the pace down. At this rate, we'll be drafting Anthony Davis soon. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    The only way, I can think of a way for people to help out with this is having the game on an always on computer(trash computer someone has that they don't use).

It could be setup on teamviewer/log me in for a few Assistant Commissioners. Those GMs would have the ability to do some of the duties required of Commish.

That's the only way I see it happening, and it may not even be that great of an idea.
    Actually, the easiest way would probably be to just send the actual save file for the league and anyone with FBB would be able to edit it

Thread Information