Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Free Agency - Sources!

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    I got The Wack Album yesterday and don't have time for anything else.
    Some of its humorous but I don't think I could listen to it more than twice sober.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Some of its humorous but I don't think I could listen to it more than twice sober.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I never said that I preferred it sober.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    That guy is just too desperate for attention for me to know how to even spell his name :|

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Wait new albums came out? Needa dl that shiz.... Legally

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    That guy is just too desperate for attention for me to know how to even spell his name :|
    I'm probably gonna hold off on it. I'm a huge fan of Kanye and his previous albums, but if the title of the album and the 'I Am God' song is any indication, this guy can do without the attention.

I'm probably gonna hold off on it. I'm a huge fan of Kanye and his previous albums, but if the title of the album and the 'I Am God' song is any indication, this guy can do without the attention.
    My gf said that when she looked through it, but it doesn't matter, huge fan, gotta give it a listen
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Same

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    My gf said that when she looked through it, but it doesn't matter, huge fan, gotta give it a listen
    Listened to the previews. I'll catch the hits on the radio. Always loved his ability to be cocky and back it up. He's obviously run out of comparisons. What's he gonna go with next? The Mad Titan?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Really? I heard it was pretty similar, musically, to My beautiful twisted fantasy, which even though it wasn't one of his more popular albums was still really good musically speaking. I'm excited about it, Kanye's one of the few guys who's records I can listen through and it's been that way since his first album came out when I was in middle school
    Yea it's compared to Dark Fantasy. But I don't view that as the normal Kanye. TCD, Late Registration, Graduation & 808s heartbreak was his typical style until he lost his mother and then came with Dark Fantasy which sold incredibly well as most people thought it was just a rant because of the lost of his mother, but it ended up being the ACTUAL Ye MAYBE. Most fans thought he was back when he dropped White Dress in late 2012, even though he's showing flashes of dropping another hit like " All Falls Downs." He's a versatile artist so I choose not only label him as an "rapper" or hip hop artist. Him and Cudi deserve their own genre which should be titled PURE GREAT MUSIC.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Listened to the previews. I'll catch the hits on the radio. Always loved his ability to be cocky and back it up. He's obviously run out of comparisons. What's he gonna go with next? The Mad Titan?
    Most of the song are are to inappropriate for the radio. The titles alone is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Yea it's compared to Dark Fantasy. But I don't view that as the normal Kanye. TCD, Late Registration, Graduation & 808s heartbreak was his typical style until he lost his mother and then came with Dark Fantasy which sold incredibly well as most people thought it was just a rant because of the lost of his mother, but it ended up being the ACTUAL Ye MAYBE. Most fans thought he was back when he dropped White Dress in late 2012, even though he's showing flashes of dropping another hit like " All Falls Downs." He's a versatile artist so I choose not only label him as an "rapper" or hip hop artist. Him and Cudi deserve their own genre which should be titled PURE GREAT MUSIC.
    Nope, totally agree that it's more than rap with him. But even 808s was a totally different style than his first three, which is what he was looking for. But, I picked up the Cudi CD too, but Man on the Moon part 2 was kinda disappointing to me, interested to see how he does now that he's away from West.

Kind of racist ? Lol
    He isn't racist IMO. Everything he talks about in his music is mostly true. Mainly he attacks crooked politicians or the "higher power." That's why I love the guy music as you see the passion, hardwork and effort he puts into it. From the look of New Slaves he seem like he is going down the road to exploit conspiracies of this nation and country like Bob Marley, Tupac Shakur and Michael Jackson who are 3 of my favorite artist(especially tupac). This goes deeper which I don't want to talk about, of course it's "conspiracies" and many closed minded people choose to take it with a grain of salt.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    kanye could be a revolutionary if he wasn't perpetutating that of which he speaks against. Lyrically Yeezus underwhelmed me but the production was fantastic. I'd recommend listening to it at least once if you haven't.

He isn't racist IMO. Everything he talks about in his music is mostly true. Mainly he attacks crooked politicians or the "higher power." That's why I love the guy music as you see the passion, hardwork and effort he puts into it. From the look of New Slaves he seem like he is going down the road to exploit conspiracies of this nation and country like Bob Marley, Tupac Shakur and Michael Jackson who are 3 of my favorite artist(especially tupac). This goes deeper which I don't want to talk about, of course it's "conspiracies" and many closed minded people choose to take it with a grain of salt.
    I'm not asking him to appeal to the white audience at all, just not to $hit on it. I love what he does on his tracks, but I'd just like to stop being reminded he believes that the "government administered AIDS" and other stupid crap like that which only makes me angry as a white fan of his. Makes me feel dumb when I actually contribute by buying his stuff.

Too say he is not racist is just silly.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I'm not asking him to appeal to the white audience at all, just not to $hit on it. I love what he does on his tracks, but I'd just like to stop being reminded he believes that the "government administered AIDS" and other stupid crap like that which only makes me angry as a white fan of his. Makes me feel dumb when I actually contribute by buying his stuff.

Our government knowingly infected black people with syphilis by telling them they were getting free health care. They were used as test dummies without any consent. I can only imagine some of the stuff that hasn't been declassified.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    kanye could be a revolutionary if he wasn't perpetutating that of which he speaks against. Lyrically Yeezus underwhelmed me but the production was fantastic. I'd recommend listening to it at least once if you haven't.
    I think he is the best at what he does. I like his music more than Jay-Z or Wayne and both of their claims to "the best rapper alive" fall flat when really being compared unbiasedly to Kanye's. I thought he was funny on his last cover which was clearly depicting him sleeping with someone or something. The Yeezus title is just a tad bit too controversial to me and like I said I'm gonna sit this one out. I'm sure it will win a ton of awards and most Ye fans will be proud, but his tongue and cheek schtick about being God only works to a certain point before realizing this is Kanye and he of all people actually does think that.

George Bush hates Kanye's baby.

PR Sim League

Majority of his record sales come from whites, I'm sure he's aware of it and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his money. As said most of his music is about politicians, illumanati or whatever you want to call em lol. So he's attacking whoevers in that group even if its other blacks,whites Or whatever ethnicity. It just so happen that majority are caucasian. From his music he sounds to be **** with how blacks and or people in poverty period are getting treated and cared for. He's a difficult artist to understand so to do so it requires a lot of research about his subjects which all add up to some sense and some be bull**** as a lot of people see it as on conspiracies or myths. All I'm saying is heseem to be attempting to bring his race and culture up from the ground many are in. Pretty bold and brave move considering the statistics of artist who attempted the same thing. Now ignorance....yes! He's ignorant a jerk and plenty of other things to go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gmessi2 View Post
    George Bush hates Kanye's baby.

This is mostly my biggest problem with him. Sure lots of rappers, actors, athletes think they are better or "higher" than the next. Kanye definitely takes this to another level as does Jay-Z, with the whole God thing. I actually have other theories about that but I'll keep those to myself.

But I don't know what the numbers are, or if they even know what % of his album are from white fans, but I'd be willing to guess it's a large %. Yes he does $hit on the white audiences in general. Sure he attacks the "higher" powers and the government yet he makes damn sure you know he speaking of white people. It gets old. I will never and have never contributed to his bank account. I think he is one of the most talented artists ever. He is simply a musical genius. But I do draw the line at some point. Don't rap to me about the world and the "man" holding you down, and constantly spew hate towards another race. Sono is right, he could be a revolutionary if he wasn't a walking contradiction.

As far as the government stuff goes....don't get me started. I don't doubt for a second they have done every single thing that has been rumored to be done. Thinking otherwise is also silly.

Majority of his record sales come from whites, I'm sure he's aware of it and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his money. As said most of his music is about politicians, illumanati or whatever you want to call em lol. So he's attacking whoevers in that group even if its other blacks,whites Or whatever ethnicity. It just so happen that majority are caucasian. From his music he sounds to be **** with how blacks and or people in poverty period are getting treated and cared for. He's a difficult artist to understand so to do so it requires a lot of research about his subjects which all add up to some sense and some be bull**** as a lot of people see it as on conspiracies or myths. All I'm saying is heseem to be attempting to bring his race and culture up from the ground many are in. Pretty bold and brave move considering the statistics of artist who attempted the same thing. Now ignorance....yes! He's ignorant a jerk and plenty of other things to go along with it.
    I know what your saying and I understand where your coming from on it, I used to be in denial about him being racist(not saying that you are, but I was). But the fact of the matter is Trell, that he makes damn well sure you know he's rapping about white people. It's not insinuated, or hinted at. He's very blunt about it. And it's not that he wouldn't harm his money, but he knows most of the white fans will buy his stuff anyway no matter what he says. It just simply gets ignorant to listen to music that constantly insults you.

All in all the racism **** is stupid and it will never end because of the ****ed up system and country our body stand on. As Darth said I choose not to get into that subject as many of you guys may already know or read about. Considering I'm on the other side of the fence then you guys of not being effected by Kanyes music because I'am Aftican American. So I'm probably blinded because in the one getting preached to open my eyes instead of against in his music. He seems like an hurt person with a ton of anger in him like someone did him something which makes those conspiracies seem a little more true. Hopefully it ends soons and diversity rise across the world.

All in all the racism **** is stupid and it will never end because of the ****ed up system and country our body stand on. As Darth said I choose not to get into that subject as many of you guys may already know or read about. Considering I'm on the other side of the fence then you guys of not being effected by Kanyes music because I'am Aftican American. So I'm probably blinded because in the one getting preached to open my eyes instead of against in his music. He seems like an hurt person with a ton of anger in him like someone did him something which makes those conspiracies seem a little more true. Hopefully it ends soons and diversity rise across the world.
    Couldn't have said it better Trell. Racism is the dumbest **** ever. Unfortunately it probably won't end, it's a vicious cycle that never stops . But there is always hope man.

Now on to more important non-social issues like how the Mavs are going to win the West this season! :-)

Naaaww didn't you hear? Rockets are taking the West!

Thread Information