Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Free Agency - Sources!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Wow Joe Smith is higher than Okafor on the index.
    Yeah I noticed that.

Also, Posey's defense went from a A- at SF to a B+ at SG.

I want to bring both Smith and Manu off the bench for their scoring so I'm interested to see what training camp brings about it. I'm gonna train Smith for sure and either Posey or Manu.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Aarom Mckie is also rated higher on the index over Cleaves at the point. Can't wait for training camp.

When is camp

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    When is camp

Right after the last free agent sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    When is camp

After FA ends.

I feel like an idiot I never remember ****

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I'm gonna train Smith for sure and either Posey or Manu.
    This is why we need stiffer tax penalties.

Wow!
    I had no idea Ben Wallace was hurt for 34 days when I traded for him. Son of a *****! Stupid!

Well, I'm not over the cap yet.......... Not even close. Better to train them now before I do go over the tax. Not sure why you would complain about the tax issues when I'm not even over the cap.

Well, I'm not over the cap yet.......... Not even close. Better to train them now before I do go over the tax. Not sure why you would complain about the tax issues when I'm not even over the cap.
    because you are not afraid of it at all.

because you are not afraid of it at all.
    Well, I'm a little concerned about it. Hate to lose points when I can use them to train my long-term pieces.

Coming from the guy who was a frequent offender until he got 2 studs on rookie deals and unloaded all of his contracts.
    #FREEQUAIL

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Coming from the guy who was a frequent offender until he got 2 studs on rookie deals and unloaded all of his contracts.
    Took the words right outta my mouth...

I said this back when I had Allen, Pierce, McDyess, I specifically moved those guys to avoid the tax because I felt that is the way the NBA is in real life.

I said this back when I had Allen, Pierce, McDyess, I specifically moved those guys to avoid the tax because I felt that is the way the NBA is in real life.
    I'm a little afraid of the tax too. But not enough where it will keep me from improving.

**cough cough bull**** cough**

moving them had nothing to do with having one of the worst records in the NBA with those 3 players? And lucking out and winning the lottery with someone elses pick was the only thing that saved you.

I also voted for those harsher tax penalties when I had all of those contracts and had a bad team that couldn't get points. I think a problem is teams could just resign their own players and the stars are so easy to keep that elite teams stay elite. You guys know that I could send all of my cap space like Houston did and the resign Paul, Roy, Dirk and be way into the tax. A team like the hornets wouldn't really even have to pay a lot of points for a

Barkley
    Jackson
    Turk
    Garnett
    Okur

starting 5, but they let those guys go because in the real NBA you can't afford to give out bad contracts.

**cough cough bull**** cough**

moving them had nothing to do with having one of the worst records in the NBA with those 3 players? And lucking out and winning the lottery with someone elses pick was the only thing that saved you.
    I had a good season inbetween two bad one with a solid point guard, I just had no depth at the time, I would say my team looked a lot like yours except not as atrociously hopeless before you lucked out Grant Hill, and as I said earlier, I still would have had a Francis, Allen, Dirk core had neither of those picks ever been on my team. You guys act like terrible unprotected picks don't get traded for crap all the time. Ask the Knicks and Rockets if you need a refresh of your memory.

I had a good season inbetween two bad one with a solid point guard, I just had no depth at the time, I would say my team looked a lot like yours except not as atrociously hopeless before you lucked out Grant Hill, and as I said earlier, I still would have had a Francis, Allen, Dirk core had neither of those picks ever been on my team. You guys act like terrible unprotected picks don't get traded for crap all the time. Ask the Knicks and Rockets if you need a refresh of your memory.
    To be fair, the pick I got from the Mavs (Al Jefferson) was for Sam Cassell who helped them get to the Finals. I didn't expect him to give up after Malone retired or the bustahyndes/kaitos debacle which helped the pick become really good. Plus, that pick was traded two years before I drafted Jefferson. It was a good trade for the Mavs at the time and he later got more value for Cassell than what I got. He just quit unexpectedly.

Beeball, you're gonna try to do the same thing I did. You admitted this week by proclaiming you have 2-3 seasons to hit a home run in FA before you're rookie contracts expire. That's why you traded Allen. So you could stack your roster before Paul and Roy go into FA. And you will try do it. You know you will. Who are you trying to fool right now?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    What I've Learned In My First Season In Sim League

Trades never die.

Beeball, you're gonna try to do the same thing I did. You admitted this week by proclaiming you have 2-3 seasons to hit a home run in FA before you're rookie contracts expire. That's why you traded Allen. So you could stack your roster before Paul and Roy go into FA. And you will try do it. You know you will. Who are you trying to fool right now?
    I will, but ask commish what my bids will be this season a learned my mistake with the Allen signing, 3 million a year more and a guy becomes unmovable. I guess my problem is you knowing you overpaid those guys. If a good deal comes along I'll use my space, and go about 10 million over, but that's about it. But I guess I'll just shut up until I have to resign those guys...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I don't think 78 overspent that bad. If you want a guy in FA and you feel comfortable with what you are willing to pay for his production then I think it's a fair deal. Plus for a team that played in the WCF with his cap space I would do the same (maybe shorter years but that's just my preference).

Whens the next sim?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Whens the next sim?
    tomorrow
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Thread Information