Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Free Agency - Sources!

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Naaaww didn't you hear? Rockets are taking the West!
    Yeah I do recall reading that somewhere today. On a serious note I'd be surprised if they didn't. They have their same main core and have added some great depth. But I just can't wait for this season to start. I think the West is stacked more than ever, it'll be a fight to hold into one of those eight playoff spots.

And you LoCo. Your team is kinda scary. Averaging 60+ points with three players. And some great FA pickups for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    Yeah I do recall reading that somewhere today. On a serious note I'd be surprised if they didn't. They have their same main core and have added some great depth. But I just can't wait for this season to start. I think the West is stacked more than ever, it'll be a fight to hold into one of those eight playoff spots.

Agree on all points
    Last edited by LoCo89; 06-19-2013 at 02:16 AM.
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    And you LoCo. Your team is kinda scary. Averaging 60+ points with three players. And some great FA pickups for you as well.
    We'll see. Hopefully

I'm not going to comment. This can't lead anywhere good.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The West will be tough this year. Can't wait for training camp. I really expect to get first seed. Disappointing if I didn't.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    The West will be tough this year. Can't wait for training camp. I really expect to get first seed. Disappointing if I didn't.
    You expected it last year as well, you'll get over it.

I'm assuming there is some correlation between older players and regressing, therefore I always dread training camp.
    #FREEQUAIL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Watch out for the Hawks this seasons, we are a one deminsional offense as of now but hopefully this will change after this last bit of free agency and training camp passes.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Watch out for the Hawks this seasons, we are a one deminsional offense as of now but hopefully this will change after this last bit of free agency and training camp passes.
    I'm impressed what you did with em!

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I'm assuming there is some correlation between older players and regressing, therefore I always dread training camp.
    Its not even just older players. I've had guys 28 and older who always regress. I'm expecting some regression from Joe Smith, Manu, Posey, and McKie while Melo, Okafor, and Jefferson will definitely improve.

Did we have a date set for these last sims or no?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You expected it last year as well, you'll get over it.
    I did, but this year's team is a bit different. Still, depending on training camp, the same gameplan won't work this season. Plus, Smith and Posey will get heavy minutes in the rotation so I have to adjust to that.

Did we have a date set for these last sims or no?
    I'm assuming the next sim is sometime today especially since no many big FAs left. Mostly minimum/MLE level players left.

I did, but this year's team is a bit different. Still, depending on training camp, the same gameplan won't work this season. Plus, Smith and Posey will get heavy minutes in the rotation so I have to adjust to that.
    I actually think this year may be tougher for you in the playoffs, not saying you wont come out to the finals; but having to play Jamison, Joe Johnson and possibly T Mac at the 3 will be a guantlet for you.

I actually think this year may be tougher for you in the playoffs, not saying you wont come out to the finals; but having to play Jamison, Joe Johnson and possibly T Mac at the 3 will be a guantlet for you.
    I'll probably play 2 out of the 3 in the playoffs, but one mismatch won't hurt me. Now if there's two mismatches then that will be different which happened with both Duncan and T-Mac last year. I'll start Joe Smith if I have to just to avoid that and be comfortable bringing Jefferson off the bench. I won't ever bench Carmelo like that, but Posey and Manu will see time at SF this season, depending on matchups.

I'll probably play 2 out of the 3 in the playoffs, but one mismatch won't hurt me. Now if there's two mismatches then that will be different which happened with both Duncan and T-Mac last year. I'll start Joe Smith if I have to just to avoid that and be comfortable bringing Jefferson off the bench. I won't ever bench Carmelo like that, but Posey and Manu will see time at SF this season, depending on matchups.
    Guess we shall see how it goes sir! I'm ready to get started, that's for sure.

PISTONS GETTING READY TO SHOCK SOME PEOPLE!!!

Can't wait for the season the start. I hope I do a lot better this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Can't wait for the season the start. I hope I do a lot better this season.
    I don't (No offense)

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Its not even just older players. I've had guys 28 and older who always regress. I'm expecting some regression from Joe Smith, Manu, Posey, and McKie while Melo, Okafor, and Jefferson will definitely improve.
    Manu regressed last night sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Manu regressed last night sheesh
    Remind me to let him go before the 2012-2013 season.

I don't (No offense)
    None taken. I hope I don't give you the same treatment I gave Xist. Although I didn't mind giving it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    None taken. I hope I don't give you the same treatment I gave Xist. Although I didn't mind giving it to him.
    I mean, anything but the #1 pick would be frowned upon but i'll deal

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Ohnosono inbox!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information