Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Thread

Video Game Thread

Monday is the start of E3 with both Microsoft and Sony finalizing the details of the next consoles.

Microsoft kicks it off at 11:30 AM Central
    Sony wraps it up that night at 8:00 PM Central
    Nintendo is Tuesday (who cares)

Any gamers in here pumped about Monday's big press conferences?

i am pumped to see what they have even though it be a while before i can afford one. Will it be on g4tv? ill be stuck at work and hopfully be able to watch if it is.
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Microsoft = giant letdown so far.

I'm watching Sony on their website. I'm sure that Microsoft will be streaming too.

Saw some more details on Xbox One DRM and used games and such. Hoping that Sony doesn't make the same mistake there.

Quote Originally Posted by c_prej View Post
    i am pumped to see what they have even though it be a while before i can afford one. Will it be on g4tv? ill be stuck at work and hopfully be able to watch if it is.
    G4 is no more they stopped showing any original programming in December. If the channel is still live it's just reruns of other stuff now.

But since this is a video game thread, has anyone played Saints Row the Third? Its like 10 bucks on Steam, but I know nothing about it really
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Microsoft = giant letdown so far.
    Microsoft is gonna talk games on Monday so it will be better. I think that Microsoft will show the next Halo and everyone will feel better about it.

Nintendo needs to draw some attention to the Wii U...desperately. I think the next Smash Bros. gets announced and ultimately no one will care.

Sony will have a huge list of games to show but whether or not they will be killer apps is yet to be seen. Sony's studios are really good at producing quality games but they don't sell well at all compared to Xbox.

There is upsides and downsides for everyone but Nintendo. No upside there. Wii U is DOA.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    G4 is no more they stopped showing any original programming in December. If the channel is still live it's just reruns of other stuff now.

But since this is a video game thread, has anyone played Saints Row the Third? Its like 10 bucks on Steam, but I know nothing about it really
    Heard it is a really ridiculous over the top fun version of GTA IV. It's probably worth the $10.

Have you played Portal 2 on Steam? Steam is a really awesome platform for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Heard it is a really ridiculous over the top fun version of GTA IV. It's probably worth the $10.

Have you played Portal 2 on Steam? Steam is a really awesome platform for gaming.
    yea I was thinking for 10 bucks it'd be fine to pick up too, like I said just don't know much about it.

Steam's awesome, i got portal 1 & 2 for really cheap (10-15) last year and finished both fairly quickly. I loved those games

yea I was thinking for 10 bucks it'd be fine to pick up too, like I said just don't know much about it.

Steam's awesome, i got portal 1 & 2 for really cheap (10-15) last year and finished both fairly quickly. I loved those games
    I need someone to play the co-op campaign with. My fiancé and Balls have both attempted and I'll never finish it if I rely on those two. It's not Balls type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    I need someone to play the co-op campaign with. My fiancé and Balls have both attempted and I'll never finish it if I rely on those two. It's not Balls type of game.
    I don't think I ever did the co-op. Is that what the two robots stories are? When i finished i just kept downloading new maps

I don't think I ever did the co-op. Is that what the two robots stories are? When i finished i just kept downloading new maps
    Yeah. It's the two robots. Supposedly has some insane puzzles and Valve has released a lot of expansions too. I love the user generated content on Steam though. Great stuff.

Sony all the way. I can't wait for the Destiny gameplay at the Sony press conference. I think it speaks volumes that Bungie, a primarily Microsoft ally, is showing the only and first gameplay footage at Sony's conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Sony all the way. I can't wait for the Destiny gameplay at the Sony press conference. I think it speaks volumes that Bungie, a primarily Microsoft ally, is showing the only and first gameplay footage at Sony's conference.
    I am a Playstation fanboy. I've bought every hardware release since I chose PS1 over N64. Including the HDD with Final Fantasy XI for PS2.

Sony gonna kick *** on Monday. Gonna sell a ****ton of PS3s with Last of Us next week.

Dude. Ign did a review on last of us, and said it was a MUST play.

I bought my PS3 release week, and still have it going strong. I can't wait for that game beyond two souls or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Dude. Ign did a review on last of us, and said it was a MUST play.

I bought my PS3 release week, and still have it going strong. I can't wait for that game beyond two souls or something like that.
    I bought my $599 release day system too haha

I'm a big fan of Naughty Dog and the Uncharted series but not a huge fan of survival horror. So I'm torn on Last of Us but will end up buying it. Guys on Podcast Beyond were huge fans. Guy who wrote the review talked about it there and I don't think I can miss it.

I finshed through tomb Raider, was pretty bad ***. I'll buy a ps4 still, loved my 3.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Come on guys... I'm a manager at GameStop, I come here to get away from these discussions lol.

Lol it's not even the regular forum!

The collectors edition of Madden 25 will be available to preorder soon. It's $100 and you get a free year of NFL Sunday ticket, pretty sweet.

That's actually not a bad deal.

Anybody play Bioshock infinite? That whole series is really good

Not at all... The game is already $65, that's a steal for Sunday ticket, and you can watch it straight off your system.

NBA Live 14. Hope it's better than 2K.

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    NBA Live 14. Hope it's better than 2K.
    It wont be..

Thread Information