Pelicans Report

Thread: Wilson Chandler or Javale McGee?

Pelicans Wilson Chandler or Javale McGee?

If the Nuggets called this offseason and offered the Pelicans either Wilson Chandler or Javale McGee for some combination resembling Vasquez/Lopez and our 2014 first round pick...

A- Would you be interested?
    B- Which player would you prefer?

FYI, McGee is under contract for three more years, 34M. Chandler is under contract for three more years, at about 20M.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I'm not trading our 2014 1st no matter what McNamara wants us to do. I'm not interested in trading 1st rounder ever really no matter how good we get.

Man I would love McGee for the pure goof value.
    And the fact he looks like the dreamer from Think Like A Man.

But in all seriousness I think Chandler would probably win out because of need, and he's a much more likely trade chip as well.

Edit:
    No way for us unless you replace that 1st with this or another years 1st. Must be top 3 protected as well.
    Jrue dat

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I have no problems filling a need with a veteran like Chandler. I'm for that.

Neither. I like Chandler but he didn't impress me at all in the playoffs. I think the team needs to find a long term answer at the 3. Chandler isn't the answer.

Instead of having to get rid of assets for Chandler or McGee, I'd rather sign Corey Brewer to be our starting small forward. Then I wouldn't mind signing Quincy Miller to battle with Darius Miller for the back up small forward spot. I doubt that Denver will want to give up either player. It looks like they might be losing Andre Iguodala and Corey Brewer. Unless they believe Jordan Hamilton is ready to be a spot starter at small forward considering Danilo Gallinari is coming off injury and may miss some time. They have a nice core of players and if I were them I wouldn't give up any assets unless they are getting a big time player in return. As it sits their team looks like this:

C: Koufos, McGee
    PF: Faried, Randolph
    SF: Gallinari, Chandler
    SG: Fournier, Hamilton
    PG: Lawson, Miller

Now they will most likely add some pieces in free agency and their annual small forward/wing in the draft. I put Hamilton at the 2 just because of how their team is currently constructed.

Maybe Chandler, but probably neither. I think JaVale needs an experienced coach like George Karl to develop under. If he slowed things down a little (and by a little, I mean quite a bit), he could be quite a dominant force. He may be a blooper reel now, but that won't be for long I don't think.

NONE OF THEM WE NEED A STAR

I wonder when bigs will realize what Roy Hibbert has; if you have superior length, just jump straight up. Sure you may get dunked on but you'll change the game.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

id rather trade our 1st this year than our 1st next year..... if we traded our 1st and it won the lottery it would haunt me for the rest of my life

Chandler outta them two
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

I wouldn't trade for either.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I wonder when bigs will realize what Roy Hibbert has; if you have superior length, just jump straight up. Sure you may get dunked on but you'll change the game.
    Probably not too often in the days of 24/7 sports media and social media ready to pounce and clown on a guy who gets dunked on. Some of these athletes are too thin skinned.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Not trading our 2014 pick but id rather Chandler.

would love wilson
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    If the Nuggets called this offseason and offered the Pelicans either Wilson Chandler or Javale McGee for some combination resembling Vasquez/Lopez and our 2014 first round pick...

A- Would you be interested?
    B- Which player would you prefer?

FYI, McGee is under contract for three more years, 34M. Chandler is under contract for three more years, at about 20M.
    Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Neither. I like Chandler but he didn't impress me at all in the playoffs. I think the team needs to find a long term answer at the 3. Chandler isn't the answer.

This. I guess if you twist my arm I say Chandler as a stop gap.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Wilson Chandler or Javale McGee

Vasquez/Lopez and our 2014 first round pick...
    What in the...I don't even...

I don't know that either of those guys are worth one of those two things, let alone both. Definitely not the #6.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Chandler.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    McGee and 27 for Vasquez sounds fair.

If they're trading McGee, it's because they're looking to dump his salary. A guy that played less than 20 minutes a game and is owed 3yrs/$34m isn't worth anything more than Vasquez.

If they value Vasquez, they'll throw in 27 because for a playoff team with a lot of young pieces, Vasquez is a better option than anyone they'd draft at 27. And by clearing McGee's salary they can bring back Iggy at 4yrs/$46m.

So from Denver perspective, the trade actually looks like: McGee/27 for Vasquez/Iggy

I do that if I'm Denver, and I do that if I'm Pelicans. At 27 grab a guy like Rice, Hardaway, or Adetokunbo.

Thread Information