Pelicans Report

Thread: Boston Celtics Press Conference

Boston Celtics Press Conference

GM Danny Ainge: Welcome all, lets get started. We had a rough year last year, record wise and we won't make excuses. We fought until the bitter end to try and make the playoffs but we just couldn't close the deal and it was devastating to miss out on the postseason for the first time in our franchise's simleague history. We dug ourselves a hole when we couldn't recover from injuries, a hole we were close to getting out of.

But not all was grim, we were able to bring in six time 1st team All League SF, Grant Hill. Yes you heard that right Grant Hill has been the best SF in the game for 6 straight seasons. We were sad to see Eddie Jones go as a player, he did bring us a championship, but I won't lie as the GM of the team I was happy to see that contract leave. I'm gonna let Doc take over and introduce our 2 new draft picks. J.J. Reddick and Josh Boone.

Coach Doc Rivers: I am very excited to announce these 2 young men to our team. J.J. Reddick had one of the most prolific careers at a blue blood university. He is the all-time leading scoring at Duke University and set many other ACC 3pt and ft% records. We realize we haven't hit training camp yet, but when we saw he was available at our pick Danny and myself both thought he would be ready to start right away. His 3pt and ft shooting will bring even more balance to our dominant frontcourt and we have confidence he will use his elite skills as shooter at the next level.

Josh was a player we were targeting in the second round and when our options started flying off the board in the early 20s we decided to move up and take him. We plan on bring him along slowly. He will probably start out on the 3rd string potentially moving his way up to backing up Shaq, we like his inside game and rebounding and will be training him in other areas hoping to see improvement.

I'll leave it up to you guys for any questions.
    #FREEQUAIL

Who's your team doctor and how prepared is he for the season?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Who's your team doctor and how prepared is he for the season?
    Coach Doc Rivers: The most important person on staff these days. I hope Danny brought in the best of the best. I can't control injuries I can only hope they don't happen to anyone, not just in Boston but in the league, I hate seeing anybody get hurt and not having a team at full strength.

Once we acquired Grant Hill and got everyone healthy we started playing really well. We were 28-16 overall with Grant and although fatigue set it the last week of the season we had a stretch when everyone was healthy and not exhausted of going 20-4. Health will play a big factor but I hope that was just an unfortunate part of last season we don't see repeated this year.

Hall of Famer
    Hey, J. Felders from SI.com. Sportsguy's still distraught over last season and the draft, so he sent me in his place. Hmm, lets' see what he's got here..........okay. And I quote:

"We know that you did a great job with drafting players, but what other measures will you be taking to shore up that bench in case the injury swarm returns to Boston?"

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Hey, J. Felders from SI.com. Sportsguy's still distraught over last season and the draft, so he sent me in his place. Hmm, lets' see what he's got here..........okay. And I quote:

"We know that you did a great job with drafting players, but what other measures will you be taking to shore up that bench in case the injury swarm returns to Boston?"
    GM Danny Ainge: Great to hear from you J. and yes I have many voice mails from last season from Bill that are often full of rage and crying. Part of the problem of paying 3 players 57.7 million dollars this season is you sacrifice depth. There really isn't a whole lot left to do. We will try to bring back Sam, who had an excellent season last year in Boston for us. Steve Blake did step in for Sam as a starter for a few games and performed great. Either way we feel very strongly about 1-6, Josh being our 6th man. Jamie Feick is a rebounding machine off the bench for us and avg'd about 10 and 10 for a while when Webber was out. Lastly we have 2 young guys in Maxiell and Turiaf who will have some training this offseason and 2 vets in David Wesley and Jeff McCinnis who have both had great success in this league.

We just hope the injury swarm stays clear of Boston this season. Thanks for the question J. when you see Bill I find it better if you just don't bring up last season, or the fact we were unable to acquire the rights to Rondo.

Thread Information