Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Aces (formerly-Pistons) Post-Draft Presser

Alaska Aces (formerly-Pistons) Post-Draft Presser

Open for questions regarding the Aces' team outlook going into Free Agency.

Are you legitimately changing your names to the Aces?
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    Are you legitimately changing your names to the Aces?
    Don't think we have the wherewithal to battle through the paperwork with the league. This'll be a one day tribute to our new Philippines Basketball Association star, "something" Balkman.

Obviously, we were excited about this draft.

There have been rumors that Balkman was not happy when he was not allowed to have the jersey number he wanted. Can you explain those marks on your neck?

How hard will it be to recruit FAs to Alaska, especially when there is no Taco Bell over there?

Also, is it intimidating for some of the players to actually be able to see Russia with their own eyes?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    There have been rumors that Balkman was not happy when he was not allowed to have the jersey number he wanted. Can you explain those marks on your neck?
    No comment. On a related note, Balkman will be starting the year on IR.

Is your starting lineup set?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    How hard will it be to recruit FAs to Alaska, especially when there is no Taco Bell over there?

Also, is it intimidating for some of the players to actually be able to see Russia with their own eyes?
    Not just no Taco Bell. There's nothing.......nothing.

No Taco Bell and a Palin-burn??? Guys pack up the trucks. We're heading back.

Money is the ultimate equalizer and we have the same MLE and LLE as everyone else. Some guys probably gonna get one-year pay raises to help fill out some depth her in Detroit.

As for the starting five, we liked the formula at the end of the season. Steve Nash will start at PG, Kevin Martin at SG, Gerald Wallace at SF, Ersan Ilyasova at PF, and Yao Ming at Center. Early analysis shows Ilyasova, Yao, and Martin being the scoring options this year. We are praying for a little bit of improvement from Martin this season. We really stunted his growth during the SJax-Wallace experiment and weren't able to figure out the right gameplan for him before the end of the season. Although, we would like to see growth as an offensive threat, we will be sending Kevin to a defensive training camp this year.

As far as our other training camps go, Yao, Nash, Ilyasova, and Jose Calderon will all be continuing that push for better overall defense.

Is your starting lineup set?
    See related post above. Yes, starting lineup will be same as it was at end of season last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    No Taco Bell and a Palin-burn??? Guys pack up the trucks. We're heading back.

Money is the ultimate equalizer and we have the same MLE and LLE as everyone else. Some guys probably gonna get one-year pay raises to help fill out some depth her in Detroit.

As for the starting five, we liked the formula at the end of the season. Steve Nash will start at PG, Kevin Martin at SG, Gerald Wallace at SF, Ersan Ilyasova at PF, and Yao Ming at Center. Early analysis shows Ilyasova, Yao, and Martin being the scoring options this year. We are praying for a little bit of improvement from Martin this season. We really stunted his growth during the SJax-Wallace experiment and weren't able to figure out the right gameplan for him before the end of the season. Although, we would like to see growth as an offensive threat, we will be sending Kevin to a defensive training camp this year.

As far as our other training camps go, Yao, Nash, Ilyasova, and Jose Calderon will all be continuing that push for better overall defense.
    All the non African American players need to work on their "defense" ; racist and honestly I think you're projecting.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    All the non African American players need to work on their "defense" ; racist and honestly I think you're projecting.
    Yes. This is race driven. When Wallace took on these guys in a 4 on 1 in the offseason, needless to say, we saw the common area that needed improvement. Wait...Martin isn't non-African American.

Yes. This is race driven. When Wallace took on these guys in a 4 on 1 in the offseason, needless to say, we saw the common area that needed improvement. Wait...Martin isn't non-African American.
    Maybe you should work on your defense; IN COURT! You've been served.

Has anyone heard from Will Maukie?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Maybe you should work on your defense; IN COURT! You've been served.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Will Maukie: Hi there, Will Maukie, Bucks Nation dot Com. After months of community service and anger management classes, I come back a reformed man. How are you feeling about your inter-divisional matchups? Who do you see as your biggest roadblocks or threats? Also, tell Gerald Wallace that I baked him a pie. Humble pie. Best served cold.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Will Maukie: Hi there, Will Maukie, Bucks Nation dot Com. After months of community service and anger management classes, I come back a reformed man. How are you feeling about your inter-divisional matchups? Who do you see as your biggest roadblocks or threats? Also, tell Gerald Wallace that I baked him a pie. Humble pie. Best served cold.
    Honestly don't know who else is in my division outside of Milwaukee and Toronto. Let me look again.

Honestly a really tough division top to bottom. Hopefully I can start out running this year instead of shooting myself in the foot in the first month. Rosters aren't set just yet, but I do like my team as it stands and think they could compete with almost anybody. The goal is the playoffs as an 8 seed. I'll adjust my expectations as the year moves along.

Gerald Wallace doesn't need anymore humblings. Second-team all-defense was a tough blow to his confidence and he is driven to crack that starting lineup.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Honestly don't know who else is in my division outside of Milwaukee and Toronto. Let me look again.

Honestly a really tough division top to bottom. Hopefully I can start out running this year instead of shooting myself in the foot in the first month. Rosters aren't set just yet, but I do like my team as it stands and think they could compete with almost anybody. The goal is the playoffs as an 8 seed. I'll adjust my expectations as the year moves along.

Fact: The Bucks are your only roadblock, and THOU SHALL NOT PASS.

Fact: The Bucks are your only roadblock, and THOU SHALL NOT PASS.
    For what it is worth, this is how I pictured Will Maukie.

How hard will it be for you to make your team relevant in the tough central division?

How hard will it be for you to make your team relevant in the tough central division?
    I don't think it'll be that hard to be relevant, 38 wins last year gives me hope that this young team will only be improving.

I don't think it'll be that hard to be relevant, 38 wins last year gives me hope that this young team will only be improving.
    SportsGuy here, in a division were 6 out of the 8 teams made the playoffs are you underestimating how difficult it will be to be relevant? You've got the Hornets and Bucks at the top, the Bulls who added a lot of talent, the Raptors, Pacers, and Cavs are all also pretty young and improving.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    SportsGuy here, in a division were 6 out of the 8 teams made the playoffs are you underestimating how difficult it will be to be relevant? You've got the Hornets and Bucks at the top, the Bulls who added a lot of talent, the Raptors, Pacers, and Cavs are all also pretty young and improving.
    By the way, I'm a huge fan of yours Mr. Sports Guy and I appreciate the question.

Listen, the competition speaks for itself. It is a very daunting task ahead of us. That being said, I don't know how else to be except confident considering we can't change divisions or the strength of each team in our division. We have some targets in free agency that should make us a more rounded team and we think at some point, we will get the credit for having as good of a roster as some of the teams mentioned. Obviously not all. Trying not to be cliche but the Pistons will tie up their shoes up every night and give 110%, damn the outcome. At some point people will notice the strength and potential of our squad and we can promise that you won't see an 8-17 start this season. Coaching is prepared this year for what should be a fun season.

Bill Plashcke: Good morning, you made waves by predicting that you thought that you'd make the playoffs last year. Your team was brought to Earth early last year, but closed out the year really strong. Are the playoffs a realistic goal this season with so much competition toward the middle of the pack in the Eastern conference and with the weaker teams even getting stronger?

Thread Information