Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official 2006-2007 Houston Rockets Badass Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I just wanted to welcome the two new members HornetGuru and kclaboy504 to the Warriors and Nuggets respectively. Free free to PM me anytime if you have any questions especially if the Lakers, Grizzlies, Sonics, Mavs, and T-Wolves are proposing a trade.

Occasionally.
    Typically.
    So with that being said; how is this "completely different" , sir ? Seems like you took a hamburger; took off the bun and said you have a new idea.
    I'm just bored lol.
    For what it's worth I think you win the west this year!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Typically.
    So with that being said; how is this "completely different" , sir ? Seems like you took a hamburger; took off the bun and said you have a new idea.
    I'm just bored lol.
    For what it's worth I think you win the west this year!
    There is no way right now my team should be considered the favorites after what happened in the WCFs. Could things change in FA? Perhaps, but until then still fighting for 2nd place.

Still regret not starting Samaki Walker at PF against Duncan and moving Jefferson to the backup C/PF role. I specifically trained Walker's post defense before the season and didn't even think to use it against Duncan letting a 19 year old Jefferson get exposed by the 2nd best player in the game.

Also, the Rockets are more interesting than the Sonics. No offense BeeBall!

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Also, the Rockets are more interesting than the Sonics. No offense BeeBall!
    Woah Woah Woah, third on your rivals list, take my idea and call it something else, and now this! I'm sorry but I feel I have the most aesthetically pleasing team in the league. Paul, Roy, Allen all handle the ball and will all be great shooters and Dirk is a uniquely skilled powerforward, we light you up from the outside and score a ton of points and cause turnovers and stuff. Way more exciting than your boring two man game of Melo/Jefferson and defense...

Also I'm much more of an ******* than you'll ever be.

Report: Seattle's high suicide rate linked to boring play of team.

Haha

Moving will bring excitement right?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Moving will bring excitement right?
    Vegas?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Yep. Like momma always said, if you can't deal with your problems; run away from them.

Hey Sonics, your team is ok, but an inside outside game is more exciting. Leads to better ball movement and higher efficiency offensively.

Honestly, Grizzlies, Mavs, and T-wolves are more of a rivalry with the Rockets than the Sonics.

You may be more of an *******, but I'm definitely polarizing. No one likes an *******, but people either hate or love me and the Rockets.

Enjoy the new rule we will have to make for you once you reach -100 league points.

no one loves the Rockets.

People hate me, envy my roster, and fear what I'll be able to do with it. I'm calling it now: The sonics/thunder get to the second round every year of Paul's career. My team has more upside with it's star power than your more complete roster.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Enjoy the new rule we will have to make for you once you reach -100 league points.

no one loves the Rockets.

People hate me, envy my roster, and fear what I'll be able to do with it. I'm calling it now: The sonics/thunder get to the second round every year of Paul's career. My team has more upside with it's star power than your more complete roster.
    Can't wait till we meet this season. Gonna shock and awe all over the Sonics.

Any thoughts on what the Rockets will do this free agency? Not much to pick from after all the big names signed.

Rockets possibly overpaid for James Posey and Joe Smith. Both get long-term deals for a big price.

Mateen Cleaves signed for one year deal.

Sonics not happy again with the Rockets.

What does the mean for the Rockets in their quest to win the West?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I think this definitely solidifies you as a Top 2 team in the West. Good job, homey!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Think it's enough to advanced past the Lakers if you two meet up in the playoffs? You're adding solid depth but you'll have to get your new players adjusted to your team.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I think this definitely solidifies you as a Top 2 team in the West. Good job, homey!
    Rockets and Bucks have alot in common.

First round loss two seasons ago.

Advanced to conference Finals this past season.

Looking to take the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Think it's enough to advanced past the Lakers if you two meet up in the playoffs? You're adding solid depth but you'll have to get your new players adjusted to your team.
    Don't know about advancing past them, but I get to matchup with them better now. Duncan and T-Mac had clear mismatches last season so hoping that Joe Smith and Posey addresses some of that. They would probably start against the Lakers in a 7 game series.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Rockets and Bucks have alot in common.

First round loss two seasons ago.

Advanced to conference Finals this past season.

Looking to take the next step.
    See you in the Finals?

See you in the Finals?
    Its possible. You have the talent to get there once you figure out your gameplan. I'm in the same boat too having a few new guys. Training camp will be interesting.

Training camp was interesting. Joe Smith starting at PF. Manu improving back to his form two years ago. Jefferson and Posey off the bench. Also, Mateen Cleaves who was signed to compete for the starting PG spot is now relegated to 3rd string SG and PG due to Shaun Livingston improving.

Joe Smith and Okafor provide A defense in the frontcourt. Much needed improvement defensively with Smith, Posey, and Manu improving as well as McKie maintaining. Now Melo and Big Al can focus on scoring.

See you in the Finals?
    Wow you really are taking me out of the conversation. Love it.

Schedule is tough in the first sim. At Cleveland and Memphis, then hosting Minny, Toronto, and the Sonics. All 5 of these teams were in the playoffs a year ago and have made improvements. My goal is to win 4 out of 5 especially all the home games. One thing that really is a concern is the rebounding on my team. That's an area that might get exploited. But the first sim is interesting and looking forward to it.

Thread Information