Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official 2006-2007 Houston Rockets Badass Thread

NBA Official 2006-2007 Houston Rockets Badass Thread

I'm probably known as bit of a trend setter around here. I posted the first article, my Fox Sports Houston thread lead to different media sessions, and my ultimate trade block set a new standard in trade blocks. Now I'm officially launching the first team thread. This is 24/7 Houston Rockets talk. Say whatever you want about the Big Red because this is for you, the fans who made all of this possible. Good or bad, whatever is on your mind, let your voices be heard here about your favorite team you love or love to hate.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Hall of Famer

I swear, I had the same idea earlier and was about to post it, but backed out because I feared I wouldn't be able to think up enough boring/humorous crap to fill it up with. Good luck.............

HR Sim League

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

GOOD. IDEA.

The draft was pointless for the Rockets. I traded away this year's pick with Etan Thomas to the Twolves before last season started. Overall that trade saved me in 11 million in cap space for this free agency.

Who are your targets for Free Agency?

Where do I click in this thread for Rockets Dancer Tryouts?

This comment is about one of the Rockets biggest rivals, the Mavs. Darth Chad really got hammered in his press conference. Personally, I don't think LA is a starter right now, but I still think he was better off long-term with Biedrins/LA/Granger/Deron. He says he has a plan for starting PF, but outside of Amare, not another great PF.

Oh man, I didn't realize this is you issuing your own statements.

Where are the dancers?

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Who are your targets for Free Agency?

Where do I click in this thread for Rockets Dancer Tryouts?
    I'm debating on whether I should announce my targets for FA until the original teams make their bids just out of respect.

But targets are starting PG, backup C/PF and backup SF/SG; Willing to use my entire cap space to fill out the positions.

Jason Terry was a target as a backup SG/PG before the Lakers trade.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Oh man, I didn't realize this is you issuing your own statements.

Where are the dancers?
    Anyone can post. Not just me or just the fans.

Still doing tryouts. Dancers aren't announced until the preseason.

You can put your name here and it will be sent to the organizers.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I'm debating on whether I should announce my targets for FA until the original teams make their bids just out of respect.

But targets are starting PG, backup C/PF and backup SF/SG; Willing to use my entire cap space to fill out the positions.

Jay Williams? Lol
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I'll be patiently waiting by my PM box for an Andre Miller proposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Jay Williams? Lol
    Have no comment on specific players until they actually become FAs out of respect for other teams. Only commenting on needs.

Don't the sonics have the exact same thing?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Rivalry-burn!! Snap!!!

No what the Sonics have is a media page. This is completely difference. This only pertains to the 2006-2007 season and is a fan forum for discussion or other random comments. No press conferences or anything like that. What the Sonics are doing is similar to what the Fox Sports Houston threads were about.

This comment is about one of the Rockets biggest rivals, the Mavs. Darth Chad really got hammered in his press conference. Personally, I don't think LA is a starter right now, but I still think he was better off long-term with Biedrins/LA/Granger/Deron. He says he has a plan for starting PF, but outside of Amare, not another great PF.
    I understand the confusion of what I've been doing. But here is my thought process: I have 3 very young core guys as of now. Biedrins, Deron, and Smith. I think we'd all agree that I won't be a true contender with 4-5 starters who have only been in the league for 2-3 years. Am I slightly impatient? Yes. But I don't think I've done anything to hurt the future of my team. I've now mixed young great talent with a superstar. I plan on having excellent depth as well. I truly do feel like even if I don't have a chance at Amare that my team will be a true top-3 seed in the West this year. And I don't mean by sneaking into it in the last 2 weeks of the season. I mean truly dominating teams and being a real threat to take the West. If everything goes to plan, I do believe that. I have a special plan for that PF spot, and it probably won't be a popular one either. It seems many of my moves are very unpopular. But fortunately I'm the GM so I will continue to make moves that I feel are in the best interest of this team contending EVERY year.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I'll be patiently waiting by my PM box for an Andre Miller proposal.
    I don't think even I have enough cap room to take on his contract.

No what the Sonics have is a media page. This is completely difference. This only pertains to the 2006-2007 season and is a fan forum for discussion or other random comments. No press conferences or anything like that. What the Sonics are doing is similar to what the Fox Sports Houston threads were about.
    Arent forums usually held on a media page ?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    I understand the confusion of what I've been doing. But here is my thought process: I have 3 very young core guys as of now. Biedrins, Deron, and Smith. I think we'd all agree that I won't be a true contender with 4-5 starters who have only been in the league for 2-3 years. Am I slightly impatient? Yes. But I don't think I've done anything to hurt the future of my team. I've now mixed young great talent with a superstar. I plan on having excellent depth as well. I truly do feel like even if I don't have a chance at Amare that my team will be a true top-3 seed in the West this year. And I don't mean by sneaking into it in the last 2 weeks of the season. I mean truly dominating teams and being a real threat to take the West. If everything goes to plan, I do believe that. I have a special plan for that PF spot, and it probably won't be a popular one either. It seems many of my moves are very unpopular. But fortunately I'm the GM so I will continue to make moves that I feel are in the best interest of this team contending EVERY year.
    Well, I don't want to brag, but I did make the conference Finals with 3 guys with 2-3 years experience.

I can't fault your moves. I think you will be tough. Defense may be a problem, but you have alot of fire power.

I really was looking forward to facing you in the 2nd round for in-state bragging rights.

Arent forums usually held on a media page ?
    Not necessarily.

Not necessarily.
    But typically

I just wanted to welcome the two new members HornetGuru and kclaboy504 to the Warriors and Nuggets respectively. Free free to PM me anytime if you have any questions especially if the Lakers, Grizzlies, Sonics, Mavs, and T-Wolves are proposing a trade.

But typically
    Occasionally.

Well, I don't want to brag, but I did make the conference Finals with 3 guys with 2-3 years experience.

I can't fault your moves. I think you will be tough. Defense may be a problem, but you have alot of fire power.

I really was looking forward to facing you in the 2nd round for in-state bragging rights.
    Yeah we'll hopefully meet this year in the playoffs. I would enjoy that. And yeah I do worry about defense a bit. But I will a lot of firepower and I don't see anyone really stopping my 1st and 2nd scoring options. So yeah, when defense is missing I think it will be difficult at times for team to keep up.

Thread Information