Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: GM Check In - 2006 Free Agency

Maybe I should have more respect for the dead. Warriors were perennial contenders and made it work with no big name stars on the team. He was largely unnoticed by me until the podcast came around. I never meant to disrespect his team, only to pay more respect to four other teams ahead of him. Apparently I don't know what the hell I am talking about anyway since both my predictions about playoff seeding were wrong. I think he wasn't as frequent to the boards as most are now and he took the few posts he read personally. Best of luck to him. This game is a SOB and I'm surprised it doesn't buck more guys than it does. Good luck, ex-Warriors GM. Golden State will be quieter without you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    True or false. Hornetstime took on Wallace's contract knowing he was gonna leave after the season?
    False. Or True.

He never cared about age vs contract anyway so why start with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Maybe I should have more respect for the dead. Warriors were perennial contenders and made it work with no big name stars on the team. He was largely unnoticed by me until the podcast came around. I never meant to disrespect his team, only to pay more respect to four other teams ahead of him. Apparently I don't know what the hell I am talking about anyway since both my predictions about playoff seeding were wrong. I think he wasn't as frequent to the boards as most are now and he took the few posts he read personally. Best of luck to him. This game is a SOB and I'm surprised it doesn't buck more guys than it does. Good luck, ex-Warriors GM. Golden State will be quieter without you.
    He's not dead. Trust me, he's a doctor

I don't think anyone believes Chad is a dick. Its because he's DarthVagina.
    True

float whoever takes that team an amnesty.

No, disagree. That was done for none of the the other GMs. Sorry, lets give the team to the rockets since he wants a new team to start over with

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Maybe a good idea.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

TrailBlazer's here. May be my last season, but I will try not to complete **** the team.

My new job will require me to move every 6 months for two years. Shall be interesting. It's the internet, so I should be able to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    No, disagree. That was done for none of the the other GMs. Sorry, lets give the team to the rockets since he wants a new team to start over with
    I'll take the rockets. lol

We did it for the Mavs with Sura. I know it was a different circumstance, but maybe we should make it a new rule. A new GM can amnesty a bad contract from the previous regime. Let's be honest, its gonna be hard to find a good GM for the Warriors or even the Knicks.

And no, I'm still with the Rockets until I say otherwise. Besides, I meet with Mike Miller tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    TrailBlazer's here. May be my last season, but I will try not to complete **** the team.

My new job will require me to move every 6 months for two years. Shall be interesting. It's the internet, so I should be able to stick around.
    If you're travelling for work, keep it. I travel Monday-Thursday... Good Lord, this game saves me from boredom lol

Commish has made it very clear that there are no Amnesties. It might not even be an option in the game.

I just want to go on record and say now that Darthdick has gotten what he wanted, we had better pray we can find a suitable replacement.

I turned down a traveling job because of the sim league.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Disagree. New owners are shown no love at all. I had to pay a lux tax from last year that wasn't me. Nets had that horrendous contract that I still laugh at the trade that might lead to the Knicks demise. And others who have to keep bad contracts an fulfill oblations not on their part.

We did it for the Mavs with Sura. I know it was a different circumstance, but maybe we should make it a new rule. A new GM can amnesty a bad contract from the previous regime. Let's be honest, its gonna be hard to find a good GM for the Warriors or even the Knicks.

And no, I'm still with the Rockets until I say otherwise. Besides, I meet with Mike Miller tomorrow.
    I'm sending a package for you with Mike Miller. It's Channing Frye's dick.

You guys going to discuss your recent trips to LA and how nice the weather was?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I'm sending a package for you with Mike Miller. It's Channing Frye's dick.
    Its ok. I prefer Al Jefferson's dick.

If you're travelling for work, keep it. I travel Monday-Thursday... Good Lord, this game saves me from boredom lol
    I won't be travelling on a weekly basis. GE Capital hired me, so I turned down IBM, but this job is a 2 year program, so it's the not the typical 40 work week. Closer to 60-70.

I'm going to stay as long as possible. It's not like I'm winning a championship or getting to the playoffs anytime soon anyway. My team is complete ****.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You guys going to discuss your recent trips to LA and how nice the weather was?
    Yeah but we're also gonna discuss a nice meaty long-term deal. As meaty as Al Jefferson's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I won't be travelling on a weekly basis. GE Capital hired me, so I turned down IBM, but this job is a 2 year program, so it's the not the typical 40 work week. Closer to 60-70.

I'm going to stay as long as possible. It's not like I'm winning a championship or getting to the playoffs anytime soon anyway. My team is complete ****.
    We do the same . More like 50 hours in 4 days though mostly.

Yeah but we're also gonna discuss a nice meaty long-term deal. As meaty as Al Jefferson's dick.
    Welp, good luck with that pitch. Get it ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Welp, good luck with that pitch. Get it ?!?
    yes i do

Its ok. I prefer Al Jefferson's dick.
    My lord...

BTW, I'm having a press conference in 48 hours to discuss my future. Hope you guys are there.

Hope you are ready to swallow a big deal

Thread Information