Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Face/Heel of the PR Sim League?

Biggest Face/Heel of the PR Sim League?

Going along with the wrestling obsession I am on right now, who is the biggest face and who is the biggest heel in the sim league?

Hornets seem like the biggest face. Completely dominant most years and they don't talk $hit. Seems to fit the role of John Cena very well in the fact that most of the people hate him for his success but continues to play the part of the good guy all of the time.

The biggest heel in the league would be between Pelicans78 and Beeball, but my nod has to go to Beeball. Beeball is never looking for the pity or respect of the other owners in the league. Win or lose, Beeball is a one man band that has been placing himself in the villain role for far longer than P78. I think Beeball will soon get a big push from the league and we will see how he handles the added success. Very CM Punk like though with a team that is getting close to being able to beat anybody and stay on top for a long period with the addition of the unbelievable rookie, Chris Paul.

I'm sure there are some people that may feel slighted here. Namely, BallSoHard. I don't see him as a face or a heel though. Firmly planted in the middle of that category I think. Where I do see comparisons is to the great Undertaker. Older than most of the rest of the league with not a lot of young talent but primed to be unstoppable in the postseason. Maybe even undefeated in the playoffs/Wrestlemania. Eventually his age will get to him, but there will always be someone else willing to pump some life back into him and he will keep going long after people felt he was due a rebuild.

Lets waste some time waiting for the second round to start. Give me your biggest face and biggest heel in our beloved PR Sim League.

Honestly, I think the Lakers are the most vilified team here. The constant moves of acquiring superstars. I think most teams are just envious of the Lakers. This is like the Lakers in real life. If you're not a Lakers fan, then you hate them. The Knicks were becoming on that level after all of their high profile draft picks, but it didn't materialize and they become the court jester after the Magloire and Yao trades.

As far GMs goes, I guess Beeball makes a good villain. He's constantly on the attack. Pisses off many people. Plus, he's going back and forth with Balls.

As far as face. Definitely the commish and the Hornets. Successful and quiet. I think alot of people also like and respect Loco, especially how he made a quick and consistent winner after his rough first season.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Honestly, I wonder if anyone is even rooting between the Rockets and Sonics 2nd round matchup. Two a-holes going at it..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Honestly, I wonder if anyone is even rooting between the Rockets and Sonics 2nd round matchup. Two a-holes going at it..
    Good point.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Rockets v Sonics is more like a Divas match.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    That's low man...

It's just the match you set aside as your bathroom break so you don't miss any of the important matches.

Neither of you have me your face or your heel

That's low man...
    Lol I couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    It's just the match you set aside as your bathroom break so you don't miss any of the important matches.
    It does feel like that to be honest. The Bulls/Hornets, Buck/Sixers, and Lakers/GRizz are more high profile matchups.

Interesting question. There's a lot of egos and personalities in this league and it seems we all mesh pretty well. Faces/Heels are also all fan perspective and we are competitors. But I feel like it's been covered pretty well. Hornets for having KG and always a solid supporting cast, BSH for always making great trades and acquiring superstars, Grizz for consistency.
    Last edited by Conroy; 05-24-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    #FREEQUAIL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I feel there is no true either in this league.

Heel - I'm leaning more towards Beeball over Rockets. I think Balls could fall into a heel category, being likeable but still the "bad guy" sometimes (like Jericho). I even think jangles and Balls go into that "likeable" heel category

Face - Soundwave gets a nod here, as does PaulyP and Commish. Loco is John Cena (sans championships)

I might more clarification on what's a heel and what's a face. It doesn't seem as simple as hero/villain.

Heel - I'm leaning more towards Beeball over Rockets. I think Balls could fall into a heel category, being likeable but still the "bad guy" sometimes (like Jericho). I even think jangles and Balls go into that "likeable" heel category

Face - Soundwave gets a nod here, as does PaulyP and Commish. Loco is John Cena (sans championships)
    You sunofa*****
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    You sunofa*****
    Santino Marela is that you?!

Santino Marela is that you?!
    I liked it better when I was Cena lol at least I knew who he was

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    You sunofa*****
    Literally LOL'd

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I am Brett Hart. The Best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. The Excellence of Execution.

Face - Soundwave gets a nod here
    Face?

Face??????

Read the sig. That is straight from the mouth of the great
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Face?

Face??????

Read the sig. That is straight from the mouth of the great
    I'd say you and Balls were definitely the Heels when the league started. But you both are softies at heart or at least once you get to know people.

This league has softened me.

I quit.

This league has softened me.

I quit.
    Sounds like the Rockets will need a new GM now

Sounds like the Rockets will need a new GM now
    Why? Did he lose an ambulance match or something?

Why? Did he lose an ambulance match or something?
    I'm just so used to seeing him say he's quitting... so i just assumed it was him. Whoops! You'll be on the "Talk You Off The Ledge" spotlight next podcast

Thread Information