Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft File

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Can't do the paying part, but can just do the see only 2 guys part.

The paying part won't be fair cause there is still one person that can see all the rankings for free. Not saying that person would abuse it, just saying it has to be the same for everyone.
    I agree.

im all about making this fair and competitive so if this helps the process of making lotto teams contenders, im for it once we get the wrinkles ironed out.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    well for example, if you are looking at a guy with B defense (lets say a 3)... you want to get a guy with better perimeter d, not post d. So you could check those two to see which is impacting the guy's defensive rating more. Or, for example, if you look at Andre Miller (sorry Sound), I think he's ****-poor at 3-pt shooting despite a decent outside rating... you could know that prior to drafting him

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    You still see the letter grades.

You would scout to see the actual number values. This will actually help people make better picks, in my opinion. Paying points was just an idea. I think there should be a cap of two scouts for free and you can pay for any after that.
    Oh my bad Inner I thought you were keeping the letter grades hidden. My bad for misunderstanding your point.
    Last edited by Eazy-P; 05-20-2013 at 11:37 PM.

I like the idea too but it already sounds like a ton of work for Commish. The 2 free for the lottery 1 free for non-lotto makes sense, I'm just trying to think of a way to make it easier.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I like the idea too but it already sounds like a ton of work for Commish. The 2 free for the lottery 1 free for non-lotto makes sense, I'm just trying to think of a way to make it easier.
    Oh I agree. I'm not trying to push anything onto Commish's plate. I think the only way to make it easier is to have everyone submit at once in a thread, like depth charts.

It's really up for vote and commish. I may make a separate thread to outline and discuss. This thread was really to discuss player ratings.

On that note, I don't think after rating players, Aldridge should be the 22nd ranked player.

Oh I agree. I'm not trying to push anything onto Commish's plate. I think the only way to make it easier is to have everyone submit at once in a thread, like depth charts.

It's really up for vote and commish. I may make a separate thread to outline and discuss. This thread was really to discuss player ratings.

On that note, I don't think after rating players, Aldridge should be the 22nd ranked player.
    Agree with all of this. And I'm sure if you could see all of Aldridge's stats he would be ranked much higher, but based just off the letter grades he is rated very low for me too.

The whole point of a draft is that it's a crapshoot. We already get a huge hint on players bc we have the Biff sports almanac. Now we need ratings ?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The whole point of a draft is that it's a crapshoot. We already get a huge hint on players bc we have the Biff sports almanac. Now we need ratings ?
    you get the ratings to the players on your roster, do you not?

you get the ratings to the players on your roster, do you not?
    After they've been placed on my team. The draft should have a chance for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    well for example, if you are looking at a guy with B defense (lets say a 3)... you want to get a guy with better perimeter d, not post d. So you could check those two to see which is impacting the guy's defensive rating more. Or, for example, if you look at Andre Miller (sorry Sound), I think he's ****-poor at 3-pt shooting despite a decent outside rating... you could know that prior to drafting him
    Yeah he only shot 39.4% from 3. I think he is a B rating. Last season he was B- and shot 28%. That slight bump from B- to B made a world of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

After they've been placed on my team. The draft should have a chance for failure.
    I'm for the scouting obviously, but just because there is actual numbers up on TWO players, I don't think that makes it an automatic win. I mean what if you scout two players that are gone when you pick... Well then you didn't rank the player correctly, and now you're in the same position without scouting.

I just don't see how scouting two players out of 60 makes that big of a difference. I think it adds something to the league, makes lottery teams a little easier to grab the right player.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    That's under the assumption that the files are perfect.

If any changes are made can you let us know Commish? I've already started all my research and they are based on the current letter ratings.

I think I can either have picks 1-3 or 8-11. After quick research if I end up with pick #11 I will need Soundwave's bath salts...
    Last edited by Conroy; 05-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Updated, discuss.

i see increased potential, so far i like that

I liked the increased potential. That's really valuable with the point system now.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Looking good. Only a few decent players, just like in real life.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to do my daily ritual for the Sim League GAWDS.

Hall of Famer
    It's pretty much perfect now, commish.

Now to wait for the lottery.........

HR Sim League

Anyways here is what I was thinking.

Lottery teams get two free scouts that get you the numerical ratings, and then you have to pay for actual scouting. Like $__ to get the players jump shot rating.

sounds like a good idea commish. just curious if that adds a lot more work on your plate? do you eve need help from some of us to make the load lighter on you?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Should we charge like $1-2 points to scout a rating or like $10 to scout a player completely?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Should we charge like $1-2 points to scout a rating or like $10 to scout a player completely?
    I'd rather a couple dollars to get a attribute, if we're doing it completely that adds a lot.

Where do the points go?

poof

Thread Information