Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft File

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

2006 Draft File

Everyone take a look at the 06 Draft File and give your opinions. Let me know if there are any players that shouldn't be there.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I'm glad I traded my picks for this draft lol

Walter Herrman and JJ Redick owners of only A ratings. Nice

I was surprised at the lack of defense in this draft... I would maybe say Aldridge should have A potential over B? Just my opinion

Rondo's B- handles shocking

Yeah saw that too

And Rondo potential? No one thinks that should be an A as well?

Either way this draft is awful. Only 1 guy I'd want and need. I'll have to get real lucky again with the Clippers pick to even have a chance at him. Needless to say I'll most probably be trading out of this draft.

Thabo is every bit of 6'7" way taller than 6'5" I think Lowry needs a handles bump, Aldridge should get a bump in inside scoring or potential. Foye might be a little too good. I'd drop his potential a tad. Brandon Roy is still the best player in this class as he should be so no major complaints. Millsap should have a better outside game.

Also in no world should Ty Thomas have similar ratings as millsap

the "stars" in this draft are being insulted. Milsap, Aldridge, Rondo, Lowry, and Gay look undervalued... especially compared to the way rookies the past few drafts were probably a little too high to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    the "stars" in this draft are being insulted. Milsap, Aldridge, Rondo, Lowry, and Gay look undervalued... especially compared to the way rookies the past few drafts were probably a little too high to start.
    Shouldnt bump up guys in this draft just cause the last few drafts were overpowered. The last thing we want is inflation.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

I think the way rookies are playing is the reason for this. Dwight is overpowered so is Paul.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I think the way rookies are playing is the reason for this. Dwight is overpowered so is Paul.
    I understand this, but do we really beleive

Rondo
    Aldridge
    Lowry
    Roy

are all B potential players not to mention Rondo with B- handles...

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I understand this, but do we really beleive

Rondo
    Aldridge
    Lowry
    Roy

are all B potential players not to mention Rondo with B- handles...
    Honestly haven't seen it. I'm on w a potential but don't be like do a potential and a handles for rondo. I think we get in trouble when we ask for things like that. Lowry should be slow but maybe b potential. He could hardly start early in his career.

Hall of Famer
    Let's be honest, though: It's understandable that Dwight & CP3 would be overpowered. These guys? Yeah, they're probably ranked about right, given how horrifically weak this draft was in real life.

HR Sim League

I'm ok w Dwight and cp being great in their primes. Not their infancy. Dwight more so that cp.

Hall of Famer
    Makes sense, it just never bothered me much about those two being great right away. #simlogic

Honestly, other than potential ratings, which again, is quite understandable for these guys, I see little wrong with this list. I could've sworn that Bargnani was 7ft tall though. And Gay was a PF coming out of college?

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Makes sense, it just never bothered me much about those two being great right away. #simlogic

Honestly, other than potential ratings, which again, is quite understandable for these guys, I see little wrong with this list. I could've sworn that Bargnani was 7ft tall though. And Gay was a PF coming out of college?
    I agree. I'd either bump Rondo's handling or defense a bit. Maybe bump up Ronnie Brewer's defense to a B.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    My God the talent is worse than I expected.

What I'm curious to know is Aldridge's rating. He's probably one of the bust jump shooting bigs, but Jump Shots don't get a letter grade so it's hard to know if he's worth anything.

Outside scoring rating combines three pointers and midrange shooting, I'm pretty sure.

i think the 2006 rookies are paying for the sins of the last overpowered rookies. i don't think they should come in and dominate BUT the potential for the top notch rookies should be higher.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I agree that rondo's handles is severely low for a floor general of his caliber. Doesn't need to change to an A or A- even, but B- ? I feel his handles is what made him an All Star player.

These ratings IMO need to be adjusted. Aldridge, Rondo, Lowry, Bargnani and Sefolosha are all underated. Milsaps shouldn't be better than Aldridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-P View Post
    These ratings IMO need to be adjusted. Aldridge, Rondo, Lowry, Bargnani and Sefolosha are all underated. Milsaps shouldn't be better than Aldridge.
    stop eye ****ing the 2006 draft file Eazy

Thread Information