Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: EG/Lopez for Bledsoe/Jordan

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    If we could somehow get the 2nd pick, Mclemore would fit really well next to Bledsoe. I would do this trade pretty easily and I'm a fan of Rolo. Probably nothing but a rumor, but I'd be on board.

Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    Donald Sterling still owns the Clippers.
    Point
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Basically the first thing they did in 2006 was give a big $ contract to an injured QB. That doesn't exactly scream "patience".
    Brees was the best option at the time. The best other option was passing on Reggie Bush @ pick #2 by trading down and taking your chances with Matt Leinert. I think they made the right choice, don't you? Besides, the 6 year $60 million contract they gave to Brees turned out to be one helluva bargain.

Please no
    SIGN A SF

The way I look at it, say the bobcats get the 1st, magic 2nd, us 3rd, then the bobcats take noel, magic burke, us mclemore. I was in favor of oladipo over mclemore but not if we get bledsoe, we dont need 2 defensive studs and mclemore is actually very good on D. Also you could go ahead and possibly flip deandre and GV for another pick, package that pick and our 2014 pick and move up into the top 10 in next years draft and maybe luck out and get jabari parker.

Bledsoe
    Mclemore
    Budinger
    Ryno
    Davis

is a sick lineup, then place one of the nasty SF's from next year's draft, lets say Jabari parker, our team would be very very good.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    You people sure love to overrate other players and underrate our own. Give me Gordon over Bledsoe any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    The way I look at it, say the bobcats get the 1st, magic 2nd, us 3rd, then the bobcats take noel, magic burke, us mclemore. I was in favor of oladipo over mclemore but not if we get bledsoe, we dont need 2 defensive studs and mclemore is actually very good on D. Also you could go ahead and possibly flip deandre and GV for another pick, package that pick and our 2014 pick and move up into the top 10 in next years draft and maybe luck out and get jabari parker.

Bledsoe
    Mclemore
    Budinger
    Ryno
    Davis

is a sick lineup, then place one of the nasty SF's from next year's draft, lets say Jabari parker, our team would be very very good.
    You completely forgot about Phoenix who will take McLemore a 4. Your scenario would be great because Porter falls to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by kc2000 View Post
    I'm on the fence about this proposed "trade" -- if such discussions have even happened in the first place.

I think Jordan's just gotten lazy and bought into the "Lob City" hype. There's a decent post player in there -- I've seen him. I've seen him do things in the post that Chandler has never shown. For whatever reason, he doesn't use those skills -- just sprints to the basket for lobs. Can he be "fixed," or is he too far gone? That's the $22M question, I suppose. But you get him and Bledsoe, luck into McLemore, and sign a 3 that can stretch the floor -- you might have something going forward.
    I agree, ive seen him do some awesome things, but in log city with cp3, crawford, butler, and blake they arent gonna call any plays for deandre so he has to make his plays off of hustling, here he could take the time to develop his game and he's only 24. If not, we get rid of his contract in 2 years and have 11 million to spend on someone else, or we could honestly trade him after a year as an 11 million expiring, its not a bad trade, but i think we will wait and see, if burke is there we dont do it, if he isnt and mclemore or otto porter is, i say we do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    You completely forgot about Phoenix who will take McLemore a 4. Your scenario would be great because Porter falls to 5.
    I didnt forget at all, its the lottery, we have a great chance of getting ahead of pheonix and landing a top 3 pick, then we have our choice of burke or mclemore, the lottery never stays in the set order it is in from W/L records. Hence last year.

bledsoe also averages 1.5 blocks per game, i didnt even know that was possible for a PG.

Bledsoe averaged 15ppg-6apg-5rpg during the regular season and 15ppg-7apg-6rpg during the playoffs. All while being a lockdown defender. Not bad at all.

I would like to see a Bledsoe & Rivers backcourt it should be fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by R_Ash View Post
    I would like to see a Bledsoe & Rivers backcourt it should be fun to watch
    id like a starting lineup of

bledsoe
    mclemore
    budinger
    davis
    jordan

and off the bench

rivers
    gerald henderson or alonzo gee
    darius miller
    ryno
    smith

then maybe the following year if we have a chance get someone like GR3, wiggins, parker, randle and put them at SF and move budinger to SF spot off the bench.

If we are trying to get a SF in next years draft why sign Budinger?

Quote Originally Posted by Official View Post
    If we are trying to get a SF in next years draft why sign Budinger?
    You play to win, u never know how the season will go, if you end up in the lottery or what not, plus next year u can get a quality SF at nearly the end of the 1st round. Budinger is very good offensively, but he is no stud on defense, I think he is best as a bench guy.

I dont think we will go into next season with Darius Miller as our starting SF.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Keep Gordon!

I make this trade. It gives us our PG, at a minimum Tyson Chandler 2.0 as part of our post rotation, and a vet in the locker roon in Willie Green.

Then if we pick 5 and Burke is available, I offer Utah Pick #5 for #14 and an unprotected 1st next year.

If they go for it, at #14 I grab Dario Saric, Glenn Rice Jr., or Caldwell Pope.

We'll be competative and the rebrand will carry us through a nonplayoff season. In 2014 we should end up with 2 lotto picks in a great draft and no cap worries. If we get lucky, those 2 picks change our franchise forever. If our young players have developed nicely and we're ready to go for it all, we could also trade those picks next year for a vet on a team that decides to cut bait with a superstar to avoid the tax or rebuild.

I like where we could be headed...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I make this trade. It gives us our PG, at a minimum Tyson Chandler 2.0 as part of our post rotation, and a vet in the locker roon in Willie Green.

Then if we pick 5 and Burke is available, I offer Utah Pick #5 for #14 and an unprotected 1st next year.

If they go for it, at #14 I grab Dario Saric, Glenn Rice Jr., or Caldwell Pope.

We'll be competative and the rebrand will carry us through a nonplayoff season. In 2014 we should end up with 2 lotto picks in a great draft and no cap worries. If we get lucky, those 2 picks change our franchise forever. If our young players have developed nicely and we're ready to go for it all, we could also trade those picks next year for a vet on a team that decides to cut bait with a superstar to avoid the tax or rebuild.

I like where we could be headed...
    Great post, im all for it too, if Utah's pick lands anywhere in the top 8, which it will, they are terrible, we have a chance at wiggins, parker or randle, but instead of dario saric i'd take archie goodwin who has the scoring ability of monta ellis and athleticism of westbrook or kaldwell-pope who reminds me of a lot more athletic, better defensive kevin martin. This is ONLY if mclemore is gone of course.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 05-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.

The Franchise
    I would love a trade down if we could end up with Caldwell Pope and either Gobert or Dieng. I've seen all 3 go between 8-28 it's kind of all over the place for them.
    Rivers, Vasques
    Gordon, Caldwell Pope
    FA, Miller, Aminu(I'd like him back for 2nd team)
    Davis, Anderson
    Smith, Lopez, Dieng or Gobert

I'd still like to replace Vasques with Bledsoe in some kind of way.

Year in and year out, the same thing happens. People try to make justifications on why player A,B,C can be as good as player D,E,F. Bring him in, give him a shot, change of environment, Williams can turn him into ___, blah, blah, and some more blah. Good to know the fanbase will always be desperate for some sort of physical specimen, even though everyone and their mothers are aware of their terrible basketball IQ, attitude, and poor work ethic.

The Franchise
    Do you think it could be bad coaching? I think the clippers should have done a lot better with their mix of veterans. I blame it all on DeNegro and look what Monty has done with, Lopez, Vasques, Bellineli, and Roberts, so I do think Monty could maybe help Jordan be better. I also heard Jordan worked hard on his offensive game and lost a lot of weight, not really a sign of a bad work ethic. I can't judge IQ without knowing him and I didn't see him causing problems. I'm just trying to keep an open mind and not to just Jordan.

like i said jordan shoots one of the highest percentages in the league, but with cp3 crawford butler griffin and odom they dont draw up any plays for him, nor do they need to.

So he had a bad series in his first ever playoff appearance, he's not the first to do that and he's only 24
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 05-14-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Year in and year out, the same thing happens. People try to make justifications on why player A,B,C can be as good as player D,E,F. Bring him in, give him a shot, change of environment, Williams can turn him into ___, blah, blah, and some more blah. Good to know the fanbase will always be desperate for some sort of physical specimen, even though everyone and their mothers are aware of their terrible basketball IQ, attitude, and poor work ethic.
    I hear your opinion, but I don't see any fact. How is Jordan any different from Tyson Chandler at a similar stage in his career?

...The same knowledge "everyone and their mother.." has, could be said about Gordon's bad attitude and fragile body.

I hear your opinion, but I don't see any fact. How is Jordan any different from Tyson Chandler at a similar stage in his career?

...The same knowledge "everyone and their mother.." has, could be said about Gordon's bad attitude and fragile body.
    This, when we traded for tyson chandler the bulls had given up on him thinking he would never develop into the #2 overall pick they spent on him, little did they know they were wrong.

He can play in the 4th quarter and can hit free throws. He's also one of the smartest defensive players in the league. And coaches and players have came out on more than one occasion to praise his basketball IQ. Now if you keep wanting to look at stats and use that as your sole barometer then go ahead. But no one in their right minds will ever use such comparison for Jordan.

Thread Information