Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: EG/Lopez for Bledsoe/Jordan

Plus I want Jordan no were near AD, he has a bad attitude, comes across as lazy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Think of the defensive and athletic possibilities with this lineup:

Bledsoe
    Oladipo
    Aminu
    Davis
    Jordan

I'm not sure we'd score a lot, but it should be impressive defensively. Too bad Monty doesn't like to run. Have Rivers the first small off the bench, Anderson the first big, and sign someone to share minutes with Aminu at SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Official View Post
    Can anyone create for themselves in that lineup
    That line up can't play in the half-court set. McLemore would be the only spacer. Can you imagine teams crowding the lane forcing Aminu and Bledsoe to score from the perimeter all game long? That's going to turn ugly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Think of the defensive and athletic possibilities with this lineup:

Bledsoe
    Oladipo
    Aminu
    Davis
    Jordan

I'm not sure we'd score a lot, but it should be impressive defensively. Too bad Monty doesn't like to run. Have Rivers the first small off the bench, Anderson the first big, and sign someone to share minutes with Aminu at SF.
    You'd be lucky to get 45 points from that lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Official View Post
    Can anyone create for themselves in that lineup
    Bledsoe can pretty much get to the basket at will when he decides to be aggressive. McLemore is projected to be something like a young Ray Allen, so yeah, he will probably be the "scorer" of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Bledsoe can pretty much get to the basket at will when he decides to be aggressive. McLemore is projected to be something like a young Ray Allen, so yeah, he will probably be the "scorer" of the team.
    Not if there's no spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Not if there's no spacing.
    True, but somehow the Grizzlies do it with weak shooting Conley, Allen and Prince on the perimeter. Lol, can't be worse than that, can it?

I like Oladipo too. We might not score 90 with that lineup, but the other team might not score 80.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    True, but somehow the Grizzlies do it with weak shooting Conley, Allen and Prince on the perimeter. Lol, can't be worse than that, can it?

I like Oladipo too. We might not score 90 with that lineup, but the other team might not score 80.
    Yes, a lot worse. Memphis is unique in the fact that they have very good low post bigs who can both create, pass, and score. They are the ones who create that space. They don't need to rely on the perimeter too much. Outside of Allen, they are capable of hitting the open shot. That's all Memphis needs from them.

ok there would be no spacing but who thinks we could get a better floor spacer than aminu? how many people here think Rivers is going to be that 6th man for scoring? I know a lot of people here do, that athletic line up would be sick
    never assume

I assume Gordon wants out so this is why we would make this trade.
    If we miss out on Burke and draft Oladipo or McClemore then I would consider this trade.

I would ask for the Clippers pick as well and hope that the Pels dont pick up Green's option and Hill retires.

So:

Pels get: Bledsoe, Jordon, Hill, Green and pick 25.
    Clippers get: Gordon and Lopez.

we'd be trading one headache (Gordon) for another (Jordan). Pass.

The Franchise
    On offense Jordan will be a liability but so is Lopez. I do think he is an upgrade defensively though. It's still up in the air whether Davis is our future Center, but until a decision is made we would have a Jordan, Smith, and Davis rotation at C.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    You'd be lucky to get 45 points from that lineup.
    EXACTLY!!

I would love this. Bledsoe can create plenty on his own. They didn't play him enough. He is gonna really good.

I'm not getting a good feel for how the members of this board feel about DeAndre Jordan. Makes me think y'all are holding back. Y'all need to say what you're really thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    On offense Jordan will be a liability but so is Lopez.
    Lopez was 12th among centers in scoring, and every player above him played more minutes. Scoring per 36 among centers that played more than 20 minutes per game, he was 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    I would love this. Bledsoe can create plenty on his own. They didn't play him enough. He is gonna really good.
    He's good at getting to the basket. But that requires good spacing. Him playing in a lineup with Crawford, Butler, and Barnes/Hill/Odom helps the spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Lopez was 12th among centers in scoring, and every player above him played more minutes. Scoring per 36 among centers that played more than 20 minutes per game, he was 9th.
    Not defending Jordan here, but where is he supposed to get touches on that team with all those shooters, meanwhile we were looking for anyone who could put a ball in a basket.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Personally, i think it's an even trade -- no one gets out from the other. We "cash-in" on Gordon's potential and Lopez' great season by bringing in Bledsoe (who will also be in a similar situation as Gordon LAST year, i.e. on the final year of his rookie contract, therefore eligible to an extension. If not, goes into RFA if offered a QO. Similarly skilled and with potential) and DJ (who has a "decent" contract for a starting big and a contract that expires in 2014/15, which is a little over 2 years from now).

Look, I think the important part of this rumor is "Pelicans will move after the lottery" which means it depends entirely on where we pick. If say there's a big chance we can pick up McLemore (say we land a Top 2 pick), or Burke is out, or they feel like Oladipo is available lower and can look to trade down to get Oladipo + an asset, then it's a really good opportunity for Dell. One thing Dell has proven is that he knows how to make incremental trades (C/C+ assets into B- ones) and he knows how to find gems in places we never expected (Ayon and Roberts, anyone?). With that in mind, I have no problem with this trade. DJ is a C/C+ asset right now (IMO). He's much more easier to trade than Gordon (who's value varies greatly from team to team).

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Not defending Jordan here, but where is he supposed to get touches on that team with all those shooters, meanwhile we were looking for anyone who could put a ball in a basket.
    Well he couldn't even get on the court late in games because he was so bad at free throws. You guys complain about Lopez, but this guy has NO offensive games besides he can dunk. He's really overrated, and he's really like another Kendrick Perkins when you think about it (minus the toughness and insert athletic ability). Personally, I would rather Trey Burke if we can get him. Burke will be a better overall point guard than Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    deandre jordan is a good rebounder, defender, efficient scorer, good blocker, he cant hit FT's though, but per 36 minutes he averaged i think 13 points 11 rebounds 3 blocks with FG% of 64.3%! also he was efficient on offense with a rating of 113 and a d rating of 101. Also had a high win share at .150

He's only 24, he is basiclly another javale mcgee. If we could get rid of gordn and get bledsoe u could sign mayo or tyreke to play the SG and draft otto porter maybe
    U swore up n down on the mayo opting out thread that u wouldn't include him in any sort of trade or signing. ...I knew it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Well he couldn't even get on the court late in games because he was so bad at free throws. You guys complain about Lopez, but this guy has NO offensive games besides he can dunk. He's really overrated, and he's really like another Kendrick Perkins when you think about it (minus the toughness and insert athletic ability). Personally, I would rather Trey Burke if we can get him. Burke will be a better overall point guard than Bledsoe.
    This sums up how I feel Burke will be better than Bledsoe

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Please no. Ugh I'll be soooo appalled.

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    i wish this was true

Trey Burke has no chance of being better defensively.

Thread Information