Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: EG/Lopez for Bledsoe/Jordan

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    In 12 games as a starter, Bledsoe averaged 34 minutes a game, posting 14.2 points per , 5.2 dimes, 4.8 boards, 2.5 steals, and 1.3 blocks. Shooting 40.5% from the field, 42.8% from deep on 16 shots, and 79.8% from the stripe. Side note: 10 of those 12 starts were on the road.

I do wonder how he'd fare as a starter.

And even though I'm big on the Burke bandwagon, Bledsoe does still have NBA experience, hell even some playoff experience...some. Burke has none.

This is actually a really great trade for the Pelicans. Let me explain why.

1. EJ has probably become a cancer at this point. As much as the FO wants to keep it hushed up, you can just tell he wants out and wants out bad. The problem is there are few teams that would take a chance on that awful contract. It is probably one of the worst in the NBA in terms of risk/reward. But Clips are the one team that have EJ experience and might be willing to take the risk to appease Paul.

2. DJ is not as bad as people claim. Part of the problem is that Del Negro doesn't trust him and so doesn't play him enough. Since the Pelicans aren't a playoff contender, you can give DJ 36-40 minutes a game and watch his PER shoot through the roof. Seriously you might be talking about 15 pts, 15 rebs and 3 blocks per game. He needs to be able to play and make mistakes to grow. He still has all the potential in the world and is still a young kid. He just doesn't fit on a team that's trying to win a championship right now.

3. The Pelicans could resign Bled and have their PG of the future. Possibly the best defensive point guard in the league. The kind of guy who can handle the Westbrooks of the world. He is lightening in a bottle and would be perfect for a run and gun team alongside AD. He could become one of the best point guards in the league with actual play time which he couldn't get in LA.

4. Lopez is just a stopgap, we know this. DJ could be future. It would give the team a couple years to take a good look. Also, if we get bledsoe we could pass on burke and draft Alex Lens. He is projected to be a dominating center in the NBA in a few years. So if DJ doesn't pan out, we will still have our starting front court with AD and AL all set for the forseeable future. It is easy to pick up wings but hard to get decent front court players.

4. The Pelicans would also be reunited with Willie Green!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    In 12 games as a starter, Bledsoe averaged 34 minutes a game, posting 14.2 points per , 5.2 dimes, 4.8 boards, 2.5 steals, and 1.3 blocks. Shooting 40.5% from the field, 42.8% from deep on 16 shots, and 79.8% from the stripe. Side note: 10 of those 12 starts were on the road.

I do wonder how he'd fare as a starter.

And even though I'm big on the Burke bandwagon, Bledsoe does still have NBA experience, hell even some playoff experience...some. Burke has none.
    I love Burke's game, but I don't think Monty/Demps want to go through a season with a rookie PG.

I think they'd also likely get Willie Green back as part of this deal. Don't undervalue Willie!!! ...or Monty's man crush on Willie.

to sfernald: While you kinda sold me on the trade i'll be honest (do you also sell volcano insurance?) .... i thought of one thing...

If DJ can't excel with CP3 running point.... what makes you think here with Bledsoe would be better?
    You have a point about Del Negro but can't put too much on him. Players play... I think Del Negro AND Jordan are equally turrible.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 05-13-2013 at 07:13 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I love Burke's game, but I don't think Monty/Demps want to go through a season with a rookie PG.

I think they'd also likely get Willie Green back as part of this deal. Don't undervalue Willie!!! ...or Monty's man crush on Willie.
    Why not? Because it hurts our title chances? Keep building our base, get young talent and foster and mature it. Try to rush this by grabbing declining veterans or sink money into unskilled, block heads, and you turn into the Wizards really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why not? Because it hurts our title chances? Keep building our base, get young talent and foster and mature it. Try to rush this by grabbing declining veterans or sink money into unskilled, block heads, and you turn into the Wizards really fast.
    I prefer Bledsoe, but i dont like the cost. Eman is on point here; you build for the future. Slowly add piece by piece until you have a solid team to compete. Im not saying we tank, but we should not make trades just for the sake of offloading; we also shouldnt rush the rebuild by signing a CP3 calibre player. We need to sign young players with potential, and determine our core when we are ready to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    This is actually a really great trade for the Pelicans. Let me explain why.

1. EJ has probably become a cancer at this point. As much as the FO wants to keep it hushed up, you can just tell he wants out and wants out bad. The problem is there are few teams that would take a chance on that awful contract. It is probably one of the worst in the NBA in terms of risk/reward. But Clips are the one team that have EJ experience and might be willing to take the risk to appease Paul.

2. DJ is not as bad as people claim. Part of the problem is that Del Negro doesn't trust him and so doesn't play him enough. Since the Pelicans aren't a playoff contender, you can give DJ 36-40 minutes a game and watch his PER shoot through the roof. Seriously you might be talking about 15 pts, 15 rebs and 3 blocks per game. He needs to be able to play and make mistakes to grow. He still has all the potential in the world and is still a young kid. He just doesn't fit on a team that's trying to win a championship right now.

3. The Pelicans could resign Bled and have their PG of the future. Possibly the best defensive point guard in the league. The kind of guy who can handle the Westbrooks of the world. He is lightening in a bottle and would be perfect for a run and gun team alongside AD. He could become one of the best point guards in the league with actual play time which he couldn't get in LA.

4. Lopez is just a stopgap, we know this. DJ could be future. It would give the team a couple years to take a good look. Also, if we get bledsoe we could pass on burke and draft Alex Lens. He is projected to be a dominating center in the NBA in a few years. So if DJ doesn't pan out, we will still have our starting front court with AD and AL all set for the forseeable future. It is easy to pick up wings but hard to get decent front court players.

4. The Pelicans would also be reunited with Willie Green!
    I agree I'm not as down on DeAndre as most on this board. He can protect the rim, finish at the rim, and rebound. Sure you expect more for his salary but big men are often overplayed especially ones with his natural gifts.

All things considered I rather gamble on DJ over EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    to sfernald: While you kinda sold me on the trade i'll be honest (do you also sell volcano insurance?) .... i thought of one thing...

If DJ can't excel with CP3 running point.... what makes you think here with Bledsoe would be better?
    You have a point about Del Negro but can't put too much on him. Players play... I think Del Negro AND Jordan are equally turrible.
    DJ needs confidence more than anything. I'm not sure yipping little dog Paul does that for DJ. There were reports last year that Paul was on him a little too hard. Joining a lottery team would be a pressure release for DJ. Under the guidance of one of the best developmental coaches in the league, who knows what he could accomplish. Already last summer he developed some post moves that were effective last year. But ZBo (mr. score every time down on the block) he is not at this point, but that's what the Clippers needed.

Another thing about DJ is that he is an iron man. For that two years under contract, he probably won't miss a game. He'll start game #1 and start game #82 and all games in between for both seasons. We will really be able to watch him grow. If you trust our coaches, it is probably not a bad bet.

Also, volcanoes are really a risk right now. Based on probability, we are due for a extinction level volcanic event in Northern American in the next 3-3000 years. Why take a chance? You should get set with some insurance right away. Do you really want your grand kids to live in an ash heap?
    Last edited by sfernald; 05-13-2013 at 07:38 PM.

DJ needs confidence more than anything. I'm not sure yipping little dog Paul does that for DJ. There were reports last year that Paul was on him a little too hard. Joining a lottery team would be a pressure release for DJ. Under the guidance of one of the best developmental coaches in the league, who knows what he could accomplish. Already last summer he developed some post moves that were effective last year. But ZBo (mr. score every time down on the block) he is not at this point, but that's what the Clippers needed.

Another thing about DJ is that he is an iron man. For that two years under contract, he probably won't miss a game. He'll start game #1 and start game #82 and all games in between for both seasons. We will really be able to watch him grow. If you trust our coaches, it is probably not a bad bet.

Also, volcanoes are really a risk right now. Based on probability, we are due for a extinction level volcanic event in Northern American in the next 3-3000 years. Why take a chance? You should get set with some insurance right away. Do you really want your grand kids to live in an ash heap?
    This man is evil. He may have a silvertongue, but he misleads the board. Don't fall for his illusions and sorcery!

Some on this board overrate Bledsoe, and I want no part of Jordan he has no skill what so ever, he is the worst free throw shooter I've ever seen, plus he not that great of a rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This man is evil. He may have a silvertongue, but he misleads the board. Don't fall for his illusions and sorcery!
    He's good i gotta say. Still think DJ is doodoo and Bledsoe is fairly overrated but he makes a convincing argument which is nice.
    Everyone agreeing is no fun....

deandre jordan is a good rebounder, defender, efficient scorer, good blocker, he cant hit FT's though, but per 36 minutes he averaged i think 13 points 11 rebounds 3 blocks with FG% of 64.3%! also he was efficient on offense with a rating of 113 and a d rating of 101. Also had a high win share at .150

He's only 24, he is basiclly another javale mcgee. If we could get rid of gordn and get bledsoe u could sign mayo or tyreke to play the SG and draft otto porter maybe

Also anyone else see a mini lebron in bledsoe? I think he can give u 15-6-6 while hitting the 3 ball and shutting people down, he is quick, strong, athletic, lockdown defender, good vision and quickness.

If this trade happens I would not be surprised if Bledsoe is the SG ala Avery Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by R_Ash View Post
    If this trade happens I would not be surprised if Bledsoe is the SG ala Avery Bradley
    id rather bledsoe at PG and either tyreke evans, mayo, mclemore, rivers, or oladipo at SG

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    id rather bledsoe at PG and either tyreke evans, mayo, mclemore, rivers, or oladipo at SG
    I think Monty will play Austin @ PG

Quote Originally Posted by R_Ash View Post
    I think Monty will play Austin @ PG
    ya but if we get bledsoe or burke i dont see rivers starting @ PG, no way. Id rather him get backup minutes at PG and split minutes with one of the SG's i named.

McNamara wins. He got the attention he was seeking.

The Franchise    Contributor   

glad to see sfernald is starting to make the case on how to talk yourself into this trade. i like the EG to PHO with Dudley and Gortat going to LA and EB and pick(s) coming to us better, and I love me some EB that this makes sense as well. if you believe that EG wants out, and I do, and you doubt he'll stay healthy here, or elsewhere, and I do- then you have to unload him and his contract is a year shorter than Jordan's. And with AD, Rivers and pick TBD from this year on rookie deals, overpaying a center isn't the worst thing you can do. AND that's just if you love getting Bled.

and as for Jordan, as stated above- he's only 25, young for a center. the contract is only 2 more years. his coaches to this point have been Dunleavy and Vinnie, not exactly John Wooden. he is supposed to be clueless, but not a bad seed or lazy. and he's big, strong and fast. while he should be better by now, he could still turn in to something. at this point last year, did anybody think Lopez was going to be even half decent? and does anybody see his value being any higher than it is now? maybe neither of them are the answer, but if by the end of this year Jordan stinks, he's an expiring next- and he'll still be an expiring 7 footer. and if you point out that so was Kaman, I think as the tax penalties start kicking in, the value of expirings is going back up. I like the other proposal for getting Bled better, but this is okay with me.

The Franchise
    I kinda like it depending on our draft pick. I think Monty could help DeAndre like he helped Lopez. I wanted a more athletic Center and he fits the bill, a little much on the contract side but I think better than Lopez. Worst case we only play him against big centers like Hibbert and Howard. I also think a 7 foot athletic big not injury prone would be easier to trade then a injury prone SG. If Jordan ends up performing close to Chandler I think it'd be a steal

I think Rivers, Davis, Anderson, and our first round pick will probably do most of the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I kinda like it depending on our draft pick. I think Monty could help DeAndre like he helped Lopez. I wanted a more athletic Center and he fits the bill, a little much on the contract side but I think better than Lopez. Worst case we only play him against big centers like Hibbert and Howard. I also think a 7 foot athletic big not injury prone would be easier to trade then a injury prone SG. If Jordan ends up performing close to Chandler I think it'd be a steal

I think Rivers, Davis, Anderson, and our first round pick will probably do most of the shooting.
    Williams is no miracle worker. You can't fix low basketball IQ. He doesn't know what he's doing or what he role is half the time he's on the court. You may like his athleticism and his so called potential, but he absolutely has to be managed the way McGee is currently being managed... Which is limited minutes to get the most out of him. To have to pay a guy who can ideally only give you 18-20 minutes of play is going to be a huge issue.

Jordan doesn't fit the win now mentality. I'm not even sure Bledsoe is enough to take on such an enigma... Especially a team that needs to maximize their cap and production per dollar.

One more thing. Bledsoe is a freak athlete. DeAndre is an incredible athlete and lob dunker obviously. Had the best dunk of the year last year. Now I know a lot of people don't like the Lob City tag and all that goes along with that, but dunks are pretty fun to watch while you're waiting for your team to get the experience needed to win. With Bledsoe, DeAndre, Aminu and Davis we would arguable be the most athletic team in the league. Now imagine that we draft one of the best athletes in the draft, Ben McLemore.

Suddenly our starting roster is:

Bledsoe
    McLemore
    Aminu
    Davis
    Jordan

Oh, and arguably the best shooter in the league Ryan Anderson off the bench.

That lineup is young, defensive minded and just freakishly athletic. Say what you want, but every game would be a run and gun slam dunk filled highlight show. And honestly they might even have a chance to make noise in the playoffs right away the way the young Warriors have. The talent and athleticism potential of this team is off the charts.
    Last edited by sfernald; 05-13-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Who runs the team w that lineup ? Trick question. No one.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

One more thing. Bledsoe is a freak athlete. DeAndre is an incredible athlete and lob dunker obviously. Had the best dunk of the year last year. Now I know a lot of people don't like the Lob City tag and all that goes along with that, but dunks are pretty fun to watch while you're waiting for your team to get the experience needed to win. With Bledsoe, DeAndre, Aminu and Davis we would arguable be the most athletic team in the league. Now imagine that we draft one of the best athletes in the draft, Ben McLemore.

Suddenly our starting roster is:

Bledsoe
    McLemore
    Aminu
    Davis
    Jordan

That lineup is young, defensive minded and just freakishly athletic. Say what you want, but every game would be a run and gun slam dunk filled highlight show. And honestly might even have a chance to make noise in the playoffs right away the way the young Warriors have. The talent and athleticism potential of this team is off the charts.
    Can anyone create for themselves in that lineup

I guess it comes down to which of these teams you like better, for now and more importantly the future:

Bledsoe/Rivers/GV
    Willie Green/Rivers
    SF
    Davis/Anderson
    Jordan/Smith
    + 1 top 5 pick

We could draft Oladipo, McLemore, Porter, Bazz, next year we could get a nice SF as well, we'd have money, and Jordan's contract is 2 years to Gordon's 3 to clear up more.

OR

GV/Rivers
    Gordon/Rivers
    SF
    Davis/Anderson
    Lopez/Smith
    +1 top 5 draft pick

This allows us to add the option of drafting Burke and most people would say Gordon has a much higher potential than Jordan(who knows if he'll ever reach it tho being on the bench so much). We'd have more cap flexibility moving forward because we wouldn't have to resign Bledsoe in addition to taking Jordan's contract I think.

I like the first one more to be Honest
    Last edited by jgman; 05-13-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    never assume

Thread Information