Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor: EG/Lopez for Bledsoe/Jordan

dell is a trade magician, he would never do this, have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    He is. This team needs defense, for overall team defense and to maximize Anthony Davis' defensive potential. Burke doesn't give you that.
    Exactly. Another thing is, I can see Bledsoe and Gordon/Rivers coinciding well, because Bledsoe is not a ball dominating guard. I think if we were to draft Burke, it'd be throwing Austin Rivers down the drain, which I know some of you would like to do. Screw the Manu/Crawford comparisons to Rivers, he is not that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So are Gordon or Rivers the only players that'll handle the ball or something?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I would lose all faith in Demps if we do this trade. I will go back and delete my Dell Demps appreciation thread I made.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Exactly. Another thing is, I can see Bledsoe and Gordon/Rivers coinciding well, because Bledsoe is not a ball dominating guard. I think if we were to draft Burke, it'd be throwing Austin Rivers down the drain, which I know some of you would like to do. Screw the Manu/Crawford comparisons to Rivers, he is not that.
    True but rivers could still develop into a SG, honestly I see him as a combo guard at pg or sg, always go BPA, regardless in the draft. u n ever know rivers and burke could both be awesome and u could trade one.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I would lose all faith in Demps if we do this trade. I will go back and delete my Dell Demps appreciation thread I made.

Loomis&Benson won't allow it, Relax!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Loomis&Benson won't allow it, Relax!
    Lol. I'm trying to but this gets me worked up.

Why would the clips want EG back, and if it does happen which I don't think it will i hope we would get rid of Jordan before he arrives in New Orleans. Dell please don't make this trade

What's the contract details on Jordan. I'm pretty sure he's signed for 2 more years, but is it all guaranteed? If not it would be that bad of a trade if we could cut bait with him after a year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    What's the contract details on Jordan. I'm pretty sure he's signed for 2 more years, but is it all guaranteed? If not it would be that bad of a trade if we could cut bait with him after a year.
    He has 2 years with about $22.5 million guaranteed. No team or player options.

I want Gordon gone... so if this was the best offer we could get, id probably do it.

Right now Bledsoe's value >>>>> Gordon's value.

Deandre is just in there to make it work cap wise.... Also the deal works without including Lopez which id prefer so we could hopefully use him in another deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    He has 2 years with about $22.5 million guaranteed. No team or player options.
    That isn't even close to the worst contract in the NBA.

In fact, a big part of why this trade makes some sense for the Hornets is that it gets them out of what possibly is one of the worst contracts in the NBA... 3 years, $44.5m for Eric Gordon.

I'll take 2 years of D Jordan playing a consistent 20-24min per game of really good defense. He has the same skill set Tyson Chandler had when we traded for him and he became a Hornet. He catches lobs and blocks shots. Tyson continued to evolve into a better defensive player, but offensively they're very similar at the same stage of their careers. Jordan can develop into exactly what Tyson is if his role is clearly defined and he's well coaches.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2...order-asc.html

lmao they would do it in a heartbeat.

Please don't !!! Still having faith in EG !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    If the clippers think that adding EJ would make Chris happy, by giving him a 3rd "go to guy" to pair with Blake, why would we trade him instead of just trying to sign CP ourselves? I mean, AD>Blake, Anderson>Jordan, EJ=EJ, Draft/Sign SF. seems to me that we would be a better destination, and have more assets to build around chris. Just my 2 cents, if Chris is looking at best chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    on another note, deandre jordan sucks, so i would be against this deal, i say eg for bledsoe straight up
    No way do we trade eg for Bledsoe. Are u serious??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't love it...but I also don't hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I don't love it...but I also don't hate it.
    ...must be a fair trade then!

Eric Gordon is tearing this board apart!!! All i know is one side will feel very stupid next season. If we trade him, and he plays great... ****. If we keep him, and he injures every muscle in his body... ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Wow, I would take any one of Guru's trades in a heartbeat over this one.
    I remember when Nolaslim was the trade guru on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    ...must be a fair trade then!
    Its not a good trade. This is just settling. If we are trading Lopez, it better be for the better of the team. This is not.

Sounds like garbage made up from someone on the Clippers' side to give their fans hope.

Robin Lopez > DeAndre Jordan when you consider the awful free throw shooting and reliability.
    Eric Gordon > Eric Bledsoe.

The only thing this would be is a slight salary dump, but you'd still be stuck with Jordan's contract. This reminds me of those Pacers' fans who were spreading "rumors" that the Pacers would trade Granger for Gordon.

We need to be talking about the draft (unfortunately Burke is the only prospect that exists) or FA targets (the class is weak, but there are some pieces)... We get caught up in this trade this trade that spiral; we are not GM's and 99% of us (including me) would get fired in a second. At some point you need to build chemistry; if Gordon gets traded great w/e. We need to focus on what players can bring to us rather than be pessimistic about our own.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2...order-asc.html

lmao they would do it in a heartbeat.
    I bet that would! I would if I was a clippers fan. Seems like a trade straight from this message board. No thanks! Gordon is better than Bledsoe (an unproven starter) and Lopez is better than Jordan (an overrated big man that can't shoot free throws and can just run and dunk).

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I bet that would! I would if I was a clippers fan. Seems like a trade straight from this message board. No thanks! Gordon is better than Bledsoe (an unproven starter) and Lopez is better than Jordan (an overrated big man that can't shoot free throws and can just run and dunk).
    ...and block shots. Sounds like he has the potential to be Tyson Chandler 2.0 to me.

Gordon and Bledsoe both have potential. All things being equal, if both reach their potential, I might rather have Gordon. Bledsoe could also be an all star.

But all things aren't equal. Gordon is overpaid, has been injured every season since his senior year of high school, and acts like a temperamental old broad, showing NO leadership skills whatsoever.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 05-13-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Thread Information